3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Gmc Bookmark Feature Upgraded!
Wabba
Jan 28 2009, 04:15 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Excellent Feature!

I've been waiting for this for a long. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 28 2009, 10:47 PM
GMC:er
Hm, a thought - how about adding an option, when you're bookmarking some lesson, to put a JS window with a combobox filled with your defined folders so you could choose one of them? cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 28 2009, 10:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes

This is very good biggrin.gif

So goobye old firefox bookmarks
Attached Image

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 28 2009, 10:58 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 29 2009, 12:47 AM) *
Hm, a thought - how about adding an option, when you're bookmarking some lesson, to put a JS window with a combobox filled with your defined folders so you could choose one of them? cool.gif

Yes - or drag and drop directly from the lesson into the bookmark folder!

It's a good thing there is always room for improvement! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 29 2009, 11:41 AM
Instructor
Awesome addition GMC !

--------------------

+Quote Post
GibsonScott
Jan 30 2009, 06:00 AM
This is a much appreciated upgrade! Thanks GMC

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 9 2009, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Very cool. I wish there was a way to organize lessons within each folder (individually) either alphabetically or in order of lesson difficulty though. I tried to do them alphabetically, but every time I'd rearrange something, everything else would get completely out of whack.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
CycoKilla
Feb 12 2009, 08:44 AM
Am I the only person to find this new feature basically useless?
It seems like a great idea, but I guess it doesn't work the way I want it to.
I just want to re-arrange the lessons into the order I want to learn them, but when I do spend the time re-ordering the lessons they just jump back into the order in which I added them to my bookmarks. (Chronological order.)

Ah well, guess I'll just leave them how they are.
smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Birds-Eye Maple
Epiphone PR350 - 12 String Acoustic
Ibanez "EX" series
Marshall JCM800 50W Lead Combo
Line 6 Toneport UX2

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 12 2009, 10:07 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (CycoKilla @ Feb 12 2009, 08:44 AM) *
Am I the only person to find this new feature basically useless?
It seems like a great idea, but I guess it doesn't work the way I want it to.
I just want to re-arrange the lessons into the order I want to learn them, but when I do spend the time re-ordering the lessons they just jump back into the order in which I added them to my bookmarks. (Chronological order.)

Ah well, guess I'll just leave them how they are.
smile.gif

This does not happen to me - what browser are you using? Have you tried another one?

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 9 2009, 10:32 PM) *
Very cool. I wish there was a way to organize lessons within each folder (individually) either alphabetically or in order of lesson difficulty though. I tried to do them alphabetically, but every time I'd rearrange something, everything else would get completely out of whack.

Hmm what happens? What do you mean with out of whack? Are you referring to the same thing as CycoKilla - that the order gets restored after you have moved the individual lessons around?

--------------------

+Quote Post
CycoKilla
Feb 12 2009, 01:20 PM
Hey Kris,

I'm just using Windows internet explorer.
It's not really a big deal, I was basically content with the bookmarks as they were.
Just when I saw that this feature had been added I thought I'd arrange my bookmarks in the order I wanted to learn them.
I haven't created a bunch of folders or anything, I've just been moving the lessons up & down.
When I hit the "finish editing" button it shows the lessons how I want them, but if I go to a lesson my bookmarks revert to the original order.

<shrug> I dunno. I might be doing something wrong or it might just be my pc.
I'm not too concerned about it.

ps - I just took a look at the "collection of sins" video again. That's been one of my bookmarks for ages. Such a cool song, you have a great sense of humour. laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Birds-Eye Maple
Epiphone PR350 - 12 String Acoustic
Ibanez "EX" series
Marshall JCM800 50W Lead Combo
Line 6 Toneport UX2

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 12 2009, 01:57 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (CycoKilla @ Feb 12 2009, 01:20 PM) *
Hey Kris,

I'm just using Windows internet explorer.
It's not really a big deal, I was basically content with the bookmarks as they were.

Ok - I have tried this with IE6 and and IE7 on another computer - and it works. I am guessing that you either have an even older version of Internet Explorer than that - or that you have some security settings in your browser which are set to very strict.

Let me know if you find the solution to your problem! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 12 2009, 02:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 12 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Ok - I have tried this with IE6 and and IE7 on another computer - and it works. I am guessing that you either have an even older version of Internet Explorer than that - or that you have some security settings in your browser which are set to very strict.

Let me know if you find the solution to your problem! smile.gif

I have the same issue with Firefox 3.0.6 Kris.

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Feb 12 2009, 02:51 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Wonderful improvement! I think I'll use 'em too!:D

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2009, 01:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 28 2009, 10:47 PM) *

This has now been implemented! smile.gif (If the popup is covered by the player - be sure to empty your cache and restart your browser)

We have been able to recreate the problem of CycoKilla & Mrblomme - but we haven't fixed it yet. It is on the to-do list though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 5 2009, 03:23 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 4 2009, 07:41 AM) *
This has now been implemented! smile.gif (If the popup is covered by the player - be sure to empty your cache and restart your browser)

We have been able to recreate the problem of CycoKilla & Mrblomme - but we haven't fixed it yet. It is on the to-do list though!

Really like this feature, newer GMC members are going to not even notice how simple it is to organize your lessons and practicing here now!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 5 2009, 03:31 AM
Instructor
Great feature and very helpful.

I would also suggest that you add 2 words "Difficulty level" next to the big number. New members might not know what the number means. I hope that's not to difficult to implement.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:18 PM