3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Ben's Video Chat Lesson Notes
Ben Higgins
May 14 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hey Guys, tomorrow night we shall be revisiting our old sweep arpeggio friend, Lick 13

Be sure to join me Tuesday 15th from 7pm GMT smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=538515

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 21 2012, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Lick 25 for Tuesday 22nd May 2012 !

Attached Image

Attached File  Lick_25.gp5 ( 2.99K ) Number of downloads: 193

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
May 22 2012, 06:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 21 2012, 12:51 PM) *
Lick 25 for Tuesday 22nd May 2012 !

Are you sure about the D#?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 22 2012, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ May 22 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Are you sure about the D#?

No, I'm never sure D# is a good idea ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 28 2012, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Hey Homies, here is...

Lick 26

The idea with this is an unusual but effective way of playing fast 3 note per string triplets. You pick the first 2 notes and hammer on the 3rd. So instead of picking every single note you miss out one on every 3 note shape. You can build some seriously legitimate speed using this and it sounds different to both alternate and economy picking approaches. It can be tricky to do so we'll be going at it slow as usual and then see how things speed up... wink.gif

Attached Image

Attached File  Lick_26.gp5 ( 3.77K ) Number of downloads: 168

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2012, 02:55 PM
Instructor
Lick 27

Lick for Tuesday 5th June 2012. Following on from last week's look at my weird picking approach, we're going to apply this to a linear scalar run in D minor. See you there !

Attached Image

Attached File  Lick_27.gp5 ( 2.23K ) Number of downloads: 165

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 6 2012, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Thanks for another great video chat last night, guys ! You remember those pentatonic licks I started looking at near the end ? Well, I've made a new thread devoted to Pentatonic Shred Licks here - go check it out !! biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44716

P.S. Don't forget to tell me what you would like to do for the next video chat ! Send me a message wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Video Chat cancelled for Tuesday 12th June.

Hi guys, I've been having internet problems since Saturday and anything involving video streaming/ downloading/uploading is seriously compromised so I'm going to postpone the chat but I'll sort it out for another day later in the week when the problems are fixed ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 14 2012, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, my video chat has been rescheduled for this Saturday 16th June, starting at 3pm GMT, so hopefully most of you will be able to make it ! smile.gif

See you there !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 15 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
Hi Guys, tomorrow we're going to look at a lick from my latest lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Michae...lo-Batio-Style/

The lick occurs at 0:56-0:59 and can be seen separately in video 13.

|--3--| |--3--| |--3--| |--3--| |--3--|
Q. S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
|---------------------------------------------------|
|------------------10-------------------------------|
|----------9-10-12----12-10-9---------------9-10-12-|
|-----------------------------12-10-9-10-12---------|

|--3--| |--3--| |--3--| |--3--|
S S S S S S S S S S S S H
----------------------------10-12-13-15b~--------|
--10---------------10-12-13----------------------|
-----12-10-9-10-12-------------------------------|
-------------------------------------------------|

See you tomorrow at 3pm GMT !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 19 2012, 11:38 AM
Instructor
Tuesday 19th June - Tonight we're going to be revisiting some classic legato licks.. Licks 5 & 6. See you there and we'll get those fingers working !! biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=516846

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 25 2012, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, we will be revisiting Lick 20 for tomorrow night's chat, Tuesday 26th June !

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=571784

Get yourself acquainted with the tab to give yourself a fighting chance - see you there ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 26 2012, 09:05 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 25 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Hey guys, we will be revisiting Lick 20 for tomorrow night's chat, Tuesday 26th June !

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=571784

Get yourself acquainted with the tab to give yourself a fighting chance - see you there ! cool.gif

Thanks Ben a lot for this week's video chat. You know, I observed that at high speeds while switching from 2nd to 3rd bar, my third finger got very tense. So after all this exercise may be the one to solve my 3rd finger problems smile.gif I will make this a part of my daily exercise routine smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 27 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 26 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Thanks Ben a lot for this week's video chat. You know, I observed that at high speeds while switching from 2nd to 3rd bar, my third finger got very tense. So after all this exercise may be the one to solve my 3rd finger problems smile.gif I will make this a part of my daily exercise routine smile.gif

Hey that would be great if it helped solved the 3rd finger riddle !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 2 2012, 09:37 AM
Instructor
Licks for Video Chat, Tuesday 3rd July

At the request of Opetholic, we're going to look at some basic tapping licks.

Lick 28

This lick in A Minor utilises a repeating left hand pattern whilst the tapped note ascends up the scale.

Attached Image
Attached File  Lick_28.gp5 ( 2.18K ) Number of downloads: 162

Lick 29

This is like the previous lick except the left hand also ascends up through the scale, so both left hand and tapping finger are moving.

Attached Image
Attached File  Lick_29.gp5 ( 2.18K ) Number of downloads: 162

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 3 2012, 11:09 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Ben,
I really apologize that I wasn't there at your video chat, especially since this week was something I requested. Something very out of the ordinary came out that I had to attend to.. But all is not lost, I will practice these two licks and make a video response smile.gif What speed did you guys reach in the end during the video chat ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 4 2012, 10:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 3 2012, 11:09 PM) *
Hey Ben,
I really apologize that I wasn't there at your video chat, especially since this week was something I requested. Something very out of the ordinary came out that I had to attend to.. But all is not lost, I will practice these two licks and make a video response smile.gif What speed did you guys reach in the end during the video chat ??

Hey Mert, no worries. Life can be a pain in the butt ! biggrin.gif

We knocked on the door of 210 bpm with lick 2 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 9 2012, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Tapping licks for Tuesday 10th July ! biggrin.gif

Lick 30 :

Attached Image
Attached File  Lick_30.gp5 ( 1.86K ) Number of downloads: 159

Lick 31 :

Attached Image
Attached File  Lick_31.gp5 ( 2.87K ) Number of downloads: 145

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 16 2012, 04:27 PM
Instructor
Hey Guys... for tomorrow night's video chat (Tuesday 17th July) we will be revisiting some tricky string skipping licks !! smile.gif

Lick 21 and Lick 23

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=581740

We will not do Lick 22 because it's just not a very nice lick... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 06:42 PM
Instructor
For Tuesday 24th July:

Lick 24 again

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=583117

and a new lick !! Very Vinnie Moore cool.gif

Lick 32

Attached Image

Attached File  Lick_32.gp5 ( 2.26K ) Number of downloads: 163

Shortened link to lesson notes:

http://bit.ly/P3wfsF

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 24 2012, 07:51 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM