2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Two Towns
Sergio Dorado
Aug 13 2009, 05:50 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Hi friends. Surfing on youtube I´ve seen two beautiful videos of my two towns. The first about El Masnou, where I lived until 27. It´s a village placed at 17 kms from Barcelona. In it appears some streets where I grew up playing football in my childhood. Great pictures in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0J-4C4lcIY

The second of Malgrat de Mar, where i I live during the last 8 years. (60 kms from Barcelona, and 43 from El Masnou)
( The first street is Calle del Mar, very near of I live now)

I think would be great if you (instructors and students) find similar videos of places where you live and want to share with us.
Come on! wink.gif

Here is Malgrat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjFIWRT8D4

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 13 2009, 06:41 PM
Lets go fishing!
This is a really great thread idea Sergio! So much so Im going to pop this thread in the chillout area so we can get as many members participating as possible biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

here is my home town, Taunton in Somerset , England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPkdJFKlI8

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 07:01 PM
GMC:er

I live about a 10 min walk from the River.

This is all around the Village.

This is an Annual Charity Competition!!!

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 13 2009, 06:41 PM) *
here is my home town, Taunton in Somerset , England.

I have a lot of friends live down that way Matt!
I used to know every Pub in the Town Center, although last time I was there (about 6 weeks back) I noticed a lot weren't there anymore!
sad.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Aug 13 2009, 06:58 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Aug 13 2009, 07:15 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Great we start with english places. Love the country!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 13 2009, 07:27 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Photo of the nearest town - Algodonales - to where my house is, the church in the main square and a paraglider over Lake Zahara near me that gives an idea of the countryside round here.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

A vid of Algodonales here.

Algodonales is a world centre for paragliding - vid here.

Every year however we celebrate the anniversary of when Algodoanles held off Napolean's army for 3 days to buy time for the Spanish and English armies to arrive. (We get dressed up in period clothes and the battles are re-inacted.) Next year is the 200th anniversary. Vid here

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 13 2009, 07:31 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 13 2009, 07:01 PM) *
I have a lot of friends live down that way Matt!
I used to know every Pub in the Town Center, although last time I was there (about 6 weeks back) I noticed a lot weren't there anymore!
sad.gif

But im here, keeping Taunton cooler than ever wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 13 2009, 07:31 PM) *
But im here, keeping Taunton cooler than ever wink.gif

Hehehe!!! I never said it had lost it's 'coolness'!!!
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 13 2009, 07:40 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 13 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Hehehe!!! I never said it had lost it's 'coolness'!!!
wink.gif

Of course If I ever lost my guitar, Id be instantly less cool (what with fishing not being considered all that cool) unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Aug 13 2009, 07:57 PM
Instructor
Very nice places! This is a really good idea!

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Aug 13 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Of course If I ever lost my guitar, Id be instantly less cool (what with fishing not being considered all that cool) unsure.gif

Fishing is almost the new Rock and Roll around these parts!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 13 2009, 07:27 PM) *
Photo of the nearest town - Algodonales - to where my house is, the church in the main square and a paraglider over Lake Zahara near me that gives an idea of the countryside round here.

WOW!!! ohmy.gif

Tony that looks beautiful!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 13 2009, 08:24 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 13 2009, 07:17 PM) *

Tony that looks beautiful!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks SJ - the pictures and videos don't actually do it justice. Quite a few of our friends describe it as one of the prettiest places in Spain.

I'll try and take some good photos over the next few days and post them.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 13 2009, 08:26 PM
Lets go fishing!
Yes ,stunning photos from Tony !! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Aug 13 2009, 08:28 PM
Flamenco Instructor
I'll try and take some good photos over the next few days and post them.
[/quote]
Great if the thread is completed with some photos of your own

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 13 2009, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Beautiful towns by the sea Sergio. Must be great to live there. I come from an industrial city, all looks dirty so I am not going to upload a video smile.gif Your one is better .

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 13 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Beautiful towns by the sea Sergio. Must be great to live there. I come from an industrial city, all looks dirty so I am not going to upload a video smile.gif Your one is better .

London isn't THAT BAD Emir!!!!! tongue.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 13 2009, 08:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 13 2009, 08:40 PM) *
London isn't THAT BAD Emir!!!!! tongue.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

London is actually uglier than my city smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 13 2009, 09:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great idea for a thread! I would love to visit your hometowns! smile.gif

Here are some pictures of Belgrade:

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 13 2009, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Great thread, lovely cities!!

Here's bit of Sarajevo. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Aug 14 2009, 05:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18NUbLSo9Nc

this is where i was born, Beirut, Lebanon

but i moved to the bay area in California where I live now, however i cant seem to find a video of my town....so maybe ill make one

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 16 2009, 09:52 AM
GMC Founder
Stockholm o Stockholm, so lovely and...cold

PS Awesome thread by the way

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:57 AM