> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Creativity Workout
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2014, 05:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 10 2014, 09:14 AM) *
Thanks Gab for encouraging words! cool.gif

I'm still seeking tones for different kind of feelings at the same time as learning better skills to play, but it's long journey, like you said before to me! biggrin.gif

I haven't ever composed anything in this way or another way, just some riffs. But after my skills is going to be better, I'll think it's time to test maybe this way or other way to compose some music. cool.gif

One main reason to participate this kind of expriment is learn to increase my creativity and it's also easier to listen and empathise to others sounds about same picture, if I'll give my time to this one. This topic and subject is just a win- win possibility for me and everyone here!

Hey friend! You used a perfect combination of words: win - win. That's what happens when creativity is genuine and reciprocal, and it becomes limitless!

and just to show another example, your idea resonated in me, and this is what I got in just 5 minutes. There is an instrumental version and another one with some vocals as reference (no real lyrics)

Attached File  Gab_Slowfinga_Idea.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 109

Attached File  Gab_Slowfinga_Idea_Vox.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 89

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 11 2014, 12:28 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 10 2014, 06:30 PM) *
Hey friend! You used a perfect combination of words: win - win. That's what happens when creativity is genuine and reciprocal, and it becomes limitless!

and just to show another example, your idea resonated in me, and this is what I got in just 5 minutes. There is an instrumental version and another one with some vocals as reference (no real lyrics)

Attached File  Gab_Slowfinga_Idea.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 109

Attached File  Gab_Slowfinga_Idea_Vox.mp3 ( 1.25MB ) Number of downloads: 89

Hello mate!

Very nice version Gab, especially if you got it like this in just 5 minutes..WOW..great! smile.gif
I happy to give you this kind of inspiration with my idea cool.gif
By the way how you made drums and bass, at least drums must be with some kind of software?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2014, 11:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 10 2014, 08:28 PM) *
Hello mate!

Very nice version Gab, especially if you got it like this in just 5 minutes..WOW..great! smile.gif
I happy to give you this kind of inspiration with my idea cool.gif
By the way how you made drums and bass, at least drums must be with some kind of software?

yeah! this is what you can get with a combination of creativity training and software practice. I'm used to create music all the time, and I need to make the time between my mind and the computer the shorter possible.

I record everything using Cubase, which is a Multi track software. I wrote the drums with MIDI, and assigned the sounds to SSD 3.5 which is a drum VSTi (virtual instrument). I did the same with Bass, but assigned it to Trillian which is a specific bass VSTi.

Here you can find a good tutorial:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 12 2014, 10:21 AM
[quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' post='674443' date='Feb 11 2014, 12:34 PM']yeah! this is what you can get with a combination of creativity training and software practice. I'm used to create music all the time, and I need to make the time between my mind and the computer the shorter possible.

I record everything using Cubase, which is a Multi track software. I wrote the drums with MIDI, and assigned the sounds to SSD 3.5 which is a drum VSTi (virtual instrument). I did the same with Bass, but assigned it to Trillian which is a specific bass VSTi.

Here you can find a good tutorial:

Ok, I have to check those drum softwares later and practise. I have addictive drums, but it's going to take some time to learn to use it. smile.gif
But it's nice if, it's later possible to get faster my ideas to computer. But first I'll need better skills with guitar, so this isn't most important for me right now. But it's nice to know, that it's possible to get good sounding version very quickly at home, if you know what to do. smile.gif

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Feb 12 2014, 10:22 AM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2014, 01:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 12 2014, 06:21 AM) *
Ok, I have to check those drum softwares later and practise. I have addictive drums, but it's going to take some time to learn to use it. smile.gif
But it's nice if, it's later possible to get faster my ideas to computer. But first I'll need better skills with guitar, so this isn't most important for me right now. But it's nice to know, that it's possible to get good sounding version very quickly at home, if you know what to do. smile.gif

Well, it's easier than you can think. You just need to dedicate 15 minutes every day and you would be writing drums in a week. Let me know if you want my help for it. Writing drums can also help you with your practice because you can create your loops and backings for it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2014, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! We already have 5 compositions for this pic. Is there any other GMCers who want to add his creation? If not we can share this EP with the other guys at the Practice Room board. I was thinking to post a link where everybody can download the tunes with the info regarding the composers and a link to the pic, just for fun. What do you think?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 12 2014, 03:07 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 13 2014, 06:05 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 12 2014, 04:06 PM) *
Ok guys! We already have 5 compositions for this pic. Is there any other GMCers who want to add his creation? If not we can share this EP with the other guys at the Practice Room board. I was thinking to post a link where everybody can download the tunes with the info regarding the composers and a link to the pic, just for fun. What do you think?

Hi Gab!

Sounds good to me! cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2014, 07:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 13 2014, 02:05 PM) *
Hi Gab!

Sounds good to me! cool.gif

Cool! Let's see what the other guys say!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 13 2014, 08:53 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great - let's go for it I say smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2014, 11:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 13 2014, 04:53 PM) *
Great - let's go for it I say smile.gif

Ok! We will also be working on a new experiment soon. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 14 2014, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good idea man , can't wait to the next one

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2014, 07:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Renan @ Feb 14 2014, 04:47 PM) *
Good idea man , can't wait to the next one

Cool! Next one starts this Monday. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I'm compiling the songs for publishing our first EP. biggrin.gif

I need names for your songs. Could you post it here?

PS: Please also allow downloads at soundcloud tracks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2014, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! I'm compiling the files to share our first EP at the practice room sub-board but I have our second photo to work on. Remember that everybody is invited to join this experience!

"In this new series of forum threads we will dedicate some time to activate our spiritual side. So let's forget about reason for a while, and search deep within for creativity.

This might sound weird to you, but I guarantee once you have got a hang of it, that it will open up new possibilities.

The first experiment consists in visualizing an image that I will share. Using your deeper perception - you should musicalize it with a note, a chord, a noise, a melody, an unfinished idea, a song or whatever you can create. The creation (music) must be original, recorded by yourself and shared here.

Each of us has a different perception of reality and it will be interesting to see different GMC:ers create different musical ideas for the same image. We will then analyze the results."

This is the new pic:

Attached Image

Pic by: Dorothea Lange (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea_Lange)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 21 2014, 05:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys, I'm in! biggrin.gif

When I thought about this picture, I saw what the mother is looking at.
Soldiers are coming to take over the village, the men going out to fight.
Tried to tell a story. I guess you can call that a rough cut of some sort.

https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/creativity-workout-21-2-14

And Gabe, how about something a little bit less depressing next time? haha tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2014, 11:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Feb 21 2014, 01:24 PM) *

When I thought about this picture, I saw what the mother is looking at.
Soldiers are coming to take over the village, the men going out to fight.
Tried to tell a story. I guess you can call that a rough cut of some sort.

https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/creativity-workout-21-2-14

And Gabe, how about something a little bit less depressing next time? haha tongue.gif

Wou!! I love it! I like how you interpreted the picture. While I listened to your composition I had a similar feeling than the one I have every time I listen to One by Metallica. Did you have this song in mind?

I think that you have half a song there mate, I would continue it. What do you think?

PS: Ok, I will go for a happier pic next time. biggrin.gif
PS2: I received a first idea from another GMers who is still working on this one and I must say that you will be impressed!

Who else will join this one? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 22 2014, 12:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Feb 21 2014, 05:24 PM) *

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

+Quote Post
Renan
Feb 22 2014, 08:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in !

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 22 2014, 01:29 PM
I'm in again of course! cool.gif

Try to find out some time for this one on sunday or monday!

Very nice start for this one Amitai! I liked especially the first part (about first minute).

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Reaper

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2014, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 21 2014, 08:16 PM) *
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

QUOTE (Renan @ Feb 22 2014, 04:26 AM) *
I'm in !

QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 22 2014, 09:29 AM) *
I'm in again of course! cool.gif

Try to find out some time for this one on sunday or monday!

Very nice start for this one Amitai! I liked especially the first part (about first minute).

Great guys!! Looking forward your takes! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:03 AM