3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Your missing genre…
Ben Higgins
May 19 2014, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 19 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Now I'm curious Ben, which are your favorite British guitarists?

Hmm, good question. I guess I'd have to say Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi... and of the younger generation, Old Drake (ex Evile) and Richie Faulkner (Judas priest) are excellent too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2014, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2014, 09:54 AM) *
I enjoy jamming the blues but I don't feel a desire to record or perform it.. so does that count ?

I think I'd really love playing industrial metal / electronica too... but it doesn't fit into what I do yet.

If Rammstein need a replacement guitarist any time........ I won't wear the Lederhosen though. ph34r.gif

Who am I kidding, of course I will wink.gif

Dude! Here's something industrial I'd DEFINITELY play:

Thank you for the little list Gabi biggrin.gif Well, from our country - I would say:

Cezar Popescu - my best friend and big brother with whom I founded Days of Confusion
Marius Pop - yes, yes, our friend here biggrin.gif
Calin Grigoriu and Horea Crisovan - amazing musicians and players, mates of mine from Mozart Rocks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 11:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Hmm, good question. I guess I'd have to say Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Iommi... and of the younger generation, Old Drake (ex Evile) and Richie Faulkner (Judas priest) are excellent too.

hehehe we could say that you have some classics there... smile.gif

Evile... I think that I heard some songs from them at Spotify, very powerful old school Thrash Metal, fast rhythms, I liked them.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2014, 06:30 PM) *
Dude! Here's something industrial I'd DEFINITELY play:

Thank you for the little list Gabi biggrin.gif Well, from our country - I would say:

Cezar Popescu - my best friend and big brother with whom I founded Days of Confusion
Marius Pop - yes, yes, our friend here biggrin.gif
Calin Grigoriu and Horea Crisovan - amazing musicians and players, mates of mine from Mozart Rocks!

Cool, they are all friends of you! smile.gif

That band sounds good! I can imagine you playing that stuff, dressed as a priest, off course. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2014, 08:04 AM
Instructor
We're pretty much all friends here from a certain point onwards biggrin.gif It's nice to know that somehow we are all connected and if you want to jam or chit chat and have a beer with one of the guys, all you have to do is call.

I don't know if that's possible in other places, but Romania is a small country with a relatively small musical community and getting to know everyone, is simply a matter of time once you get in the game.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2014, 05:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2014, 04:04 AM) *
We're pretty much all friends here from a certain point onwards biggrin.gif It's nice to know that somehow we are all connected and if you want to jam or chit chat and have a beer with one of the guys, all you have to do is call.

I don't know if that's possible in other places, but Romania is a small country with a relatively small musical community and getting to know everyone, is simply a matter of time once you get in the game.

I see. Our country is very big so it seems impossible to know everybody here... we are 41 millions people.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2014, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Just 22 million here and VERY few of them into professional guitarism laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2014, 11:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 21 2014, 05:43 PM) *
Just 22 million here and VERY few of them into professional guitarism laugh.gif

that's a lot based on the size difference between Romania and Argentina...

Well guys, to get back to topic... I invite you to continue telling with us, which is your missing genre... blues? funk? progressive? jazz? percussive guitar? country?

Another good question that I have, is... who do you think is one of the most versatile guitarists? maybe Guthrie?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2014, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 21 2014, 10:02 PM) *
that's a lot based on the size difference between Romania and Argentina...

Well guys, to get back to topic... I invite you to continue telling with us, which is your missing genre... blues? funk? progressive? jazz? percussive guitar? country?

Another good question that I have, is... who do you think is one of the most versatile guitarists? maybe Guthrie?

Most definitely Guthrie! I think that man can play anything and make it sound like it's incredibly natural and professional and expressive!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2014, 04:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 22 2014, 03:50 AM) *
Most definitely Guthrie! I think that man can play anything and make it sound like it's incredibly natural and professional and expressive!

Is there any other guitarist that we can add to the list?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 23 2014, 07:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 22 2014, 03:57 PM) *
Is there any other guitarist that we can add to the list?

I kept thinking, but none comes to my mind so...ummm, Guthrie? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2014, 04:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 23 2014, 03:46 AM) *
I kept thinking, but none comes to my mind so...ummm, Guthrie? laugh.gif

hahah ok! Guthrie wins!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2014, 07:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 26 2014, 03:59 AM) *
hahah ok! Guthrie wins!!

It was to be expected! biggrin.gif He can shred and play the blues and play country and slap and funk and jazz and pop and... God knows what else laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2014, 04:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 26 2014, 03:40 AM) *
It was to be expected! biggrin.gif He can shred and play the blues and play country and slap and funk and jazz and pop and... God knows what else laugh.gif

he must be an alien... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 26 2014, 09:57 PM
GMC:er
I keep reading this thread title as ... 'your missing gene'

Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: May 27 2014, 03:20 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2014, 04:21 PM
Instructor
what genre is that one klasaine? tongue.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2014, 07:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 27 2014, 03:21 PM) *
what genre is that one klasaine? tongue.gif

Attached Image

It should be called 'Hello Neanderthal Kitty' laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2014, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Does this only happen to me? Everytime I heard a great album, I want to compose some songs in that genre...

today: Progressive Alternative Metal or however you would call this...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2014, 07:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 28 2014, 10:08 PM) *
Does this only happen to me? Everytime I heard a great album, I want to compose some songs in that genre...

today: Progressive Alternative Metal or however you would call this...

I call this 'something that hasn't left my music player since they released it' biggrin.gif I am in love with this album without any means of recuperation laugh.gif

What's the album that you are obsessively listening to?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2014, 03:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 29 2014, 03:54 AM) *
I call this 'something that hasn't left my music player since they released it' biggrin.gif I am in love with this album without any means of recuperation laugh.gif

What's the album that you are obsessively listening to?

yeah!! It's a killer album! Let's do some modern progressive metal songs Cosmin, come on! You sing them! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2014, 09:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 29 2014, 02:29 PM) *
yeah!! It's a killer album! Let's do some modern progressive metal songs Cosmin, come on! You sing them! biggrin.gif

Well, I am still waiting on that thing we talked about tongue.gif So, ready when you are biggrin.gif I will announce some great news for my band these days. We are opening for an incredible band which has influenced us a lot!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:12 PM