3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
What Is Happening To Gmc?, just wondering.
Daniel Realpe
Jan 6 2011, 05:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jan 6 2011, 06:19 AM) *
GMC needs a flag. There are people from many countries that would proudly wave it. No matter how great a place is to people that look for the good, there are always the haters. I'd be interested in seeing someone learn all of Muris', Emir's and David's catalog of lessons here. If you think that they left, they haven't. Last time I looked, their lessons were in abundant supply and I'm sure there is nobody, active or otherwise, that has exhausted their catalogs. That being said, you can't please everyone. I'm learning a Lazslo lesson, then a Gabriel one, then a Lian one, then a Jonathan one, then a Ben one, then then then...maybe an Ivan one, but probably not. He only plays blues. wink.gif

Yeah, I agree. The tons and tons of stuff from all instructors is still there for the taking. And if you master them, then you are a master, let me tell you.

I also think education should be a two-way road so it's ok for students to express their opinion as long as it helps them to reach their goals and nothing else.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2011, 02:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jan 6 2011, 05:19 AM) *
GMC needs a flag. There are people from many countries that would proudly wave it. No matter how great a place is to people that look for the good, there are always the haters. I'd be interested in seeing someone learn all of Muris', Emir's and David's catalog of lessons here. If you think that they left, they haven't. Last time I looked, their lessons were in abundant supply and I'm sure there is nobody, active or otherwise, that has exhausted their catalogs. That being said, you can't please everyone. I'm learning a Lazslo lesson, then a Gabriel one, then a Lian one, then a Jonathan one, then a Ben one, then then then...maybe an Ivan one, but probably not. He only plays blues. wink.gif

You're right mate, I should do some modern lead lessons. Thanks for recommendation smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 6 2011, 10:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 6 2011, 08:15 AM) *
You're right mate, I should do some modern lead lessons. Thanks for recommendation smile.gif

Speaking of new areas to explore...I would LOVE to hear Ivan's take on a modern metal lesson! Metal with blues influences sounds incredible!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2011, 11:12 PM
Instructor
Starting working on it right away! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jan 8 2011, 10:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I watched GMC and did the free stuff off an on for a year. I just decided to join. For the price I pay and the availability of picking what I want to work on is overwhelming. It is definitely worth the price. Lessons to this degree cost $20 per half hour here in my area.

I am still finding out features here...the coolest was the video chat...my first was with Ben...was great.

So I just want to say thanks...will get to know more of you over the next months. I am not in the forums as much because I am too busy practicing selections I have made on here plus my own standard routines.

I have been on many sites and this has been the best for the buck I have seen...

Thanks

Michael

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 8 2011, 11:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Michael, at first I didn't hang out as much in the forums either... now I can't keep myself away. biggrin.gif Have fun while practicing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2011, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
Well, you can't please all of the people all of the time. This thread goes to show that no matter what, some folks will be a bit put off. That said, I have to agree with a previous sentiment, "move on". There are a dizzying array of killer lessons and instructors here at GMC. More than I've ever seen at any other site I've been to, IMHO. And the lessons do reflect the requests. The great thing about GMC is that you can request anything. If you want to see a lesson on tasteful phrasing, just ask, and bingo, it will appear wink.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2011, 11:43 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
agree with Todd. Even if you give something for FREE, there are some people who always complain... I just wanna say.. hell there are so many places to find things.. go where it suits you. Stop complaining.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:10 PM