First Show, :D
CathShadow
Oct 12 2010, 07:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So, all that practice (and the reason I've been so scarce around GMC for the last months lol )...

And we had our first show on Saturday night biggrin.gif... as JayWalking...

It was so much fun.. but I must say..

Stage lights make u nervous!

Do any of u remember your first show?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Azzaboi
Oct 12 2010, 09:06 PM
GMC:er
Congratz!

Just think of stage lights as eye blinders for you not to see the huge crowd staring at you? The crowd is all in their underwear?
Made you less nervous? Gulps nope, it's still scary! I guess the first time must be the hardest.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Oct 12 2010, 09:08 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 13 2010, 04:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Cool, man! cool.gif

No, I've never been in a show, but I've daydreamed about it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 13 2010, 05:09 AM
Instructor
congrats man!!!

and yes, I remember my very first gig.
I showed myself very calm and cool, I've always been like a a "clown" among friends and family, so I was not frighten about people or lights.
but, inside of me, I was... very nervous, and that, I remember, was a very special moment for me, 'cause I discovered that if I did anything wrong I could be ashamed.
for first time I realized that music cared a lot to me smile.gif

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Oct 13 2010, 07:20 AM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Oct 12 2010, 10:06 PM) *
Congratz!

Just think of stage lights as eye blinders for you not to see the huge crowd staring at you? The crowd is all in their underwear?
Made you less nervous? Gulps nope, it's still scary! I guess the first time must be the hardest.

Thanks!! -- > haha no... imagining the crowd like that would make me burst out laughing hahaha...

QUOTE (thefireball @ Oct 13 2010, 05:19 AM) *
Cool, man! cool.gif

No, I've never been in a show, but I've daydreamed about it. smile.gif

Thanks! -> I'm sure it'll happen soon.. I never expected this.. it only happened when I moved back from Holland smile.gif

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Oct 13 2010, 06:09 AM) *
congrats man!!!

and yes, I remember my very first gig.
I showed myself very calm and cool, I've always been like a a "clown" among friends and family, so I was not frighten about people or lights.
but, inside of me, I was... very nervous, and that, I remember, was a very special moment for me, 'cause I discovered that if I did anything wrong I could be ashamed.
for first time I realized that music cared a lot to me smile.gif

Yeah.. I had a similar realisation on saturday.. seems like it really does mean a lot to me too smile.gif smile.gif...

Myself and T, our drummer were the most nervous..haha her drums were mic'd so she didn't say a word hahaha...

and me... well I find that I dance around on stage to the music... and I find that I look at my hands more on stage .. I think because I'm scared to make a mistake... I need to work on my stage presence...

Wow.. I love music so much...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 14 2010, 04:07 PM
Instructor
i do remember, didn't had any special lights, was in a basement and the drum set was falling apart while we were playing our 14 years old tribute to green day, it was a great night.. we played 2 songs!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2010, 07:03 PM
Congrats on your first gig! Don't worry it will just take a few gigs to get your "Stage Legs". It will eventually morph into sheer adrenaline and excitement. But at first, it can feel like your fingers are numb and you are not going to be able to play. Good news is that goes away smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 14 2010, 07:32 PM
I'd spent some time in local community theatre, which is the only reason I can think of to explain why I didn't have stage fright at my first show (or any following shows) but that has changed.

I'm pretty sure that I'd be terrified to play a show now.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Oct 15 2010, 06:45 AM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Oct 14 2010, 05:07 PM) *
i do remember, didn't had any special lights, was in a basement and the drum set was falling apart while we were playing our 14 years old tribute to green day, it was a great night.. we played 2 songs!

Hahah we played 5 biggrin.gif hehehe ... it was for this ball thing... What was nice is that people were actually dancing and enjoying it!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 14 2010, 08:03 PM) *
Congrats on your first gig! Don't worry it will just take a few gigs to get your "Stage Legs". It will eventually morph into sheer adrenaline and excitement. But at first, it can feel like your fingers are numb and you are not going to be able to play. Good news is that goes away smile.gif

Todd

hahah I'm really glad to hear that.. we have a video of it.. -> I kept wiping my hands before the one song :$ hahah

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Oct 14 2010, 08:32 PM) *
I'd spent some time in local community theatre, which is the only reason I can think of to explain why I didn't have stage fright at my first show (or any following shows) but that has changed.

I'm pretty sure that I'd be terrified to play a show now.

Why would you be terrified now??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 19 2010, 06:42 PM
Instructor
Great to hear it went well! biggrin.gif If you can post some video, it would be great as well, I would like to see it! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Oct 19 2010, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 19 2010, 07:42 PM) *
Great to hear it went well! biggrin.gif If you can post some video, it would be great as well, I would like to see it! smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif
No Problem smile.gif smile.gif -> I will be getting the DVD probably this week or this weekend.. so when I have it I'll upload biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 AM