2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Greetings!
eschlic
Dec 4 2007, 08:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi there.. I just received a new guitar and am going to try and learn to play. I found this site and man I wish iwas that good smile.gif I am 32.. Too old to learn???

Any tips or links/help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 4 2007, 08:44 PM
Welcome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 4 2007, 08:46 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome and no, your not too old to learn by a long shot !! We have members over a very wide rang of ages so dont worry about that.

If you need any assitance just ask !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 4 2007, 08:58 PM
QUOTE (eschlic @ Dec 4 2007, 08:33 PM) *
Hi there.. I just received a new guitar and am going to try and learn to play. I found this site and man I wish iwas that good smile.gif I am 32.. Too old to learn???

Eric

Hi!

Too old!?! Nooooooooooo not even close biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 4 2007, 08:59 PM
Hehe, I think no-one no matter what age is too old to learn, I know however that in our heart of hearts we all wish we had started at 5 years of age and grown to become fabulous virtuoso's! laugh.gif wink.gif

Welcome to GMC! cool.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
RobM
Dec 4 2007, 09:13 PM
QUOTE (eschlic @ Dec 4 2007, 02:33 PM) *

Eric

Too Old, nah I'm much older than you and I just started learning this past father's day (june 2007), I've been watching the video lessons here and I also have a lesson with a teacher once a week at the local music store. Playing the guitar is great and lot's of fun. Remember one thing, hard work and practice is the key to becomming a great guitar player. Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing something you have recorded soon.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
eschlic
Dec 4 2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone!! Is there some good very begginer lessons on you??? Or should I beable to play like Kris' already? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 4 2007, 09:20 PM
welcome

theres begginer lessons here i suggest start there smile.gif

+Quote Post
eschlic
Dec 4 2007, 09:23 PM
Yes I saw those thank you!! I was hoping there were more smile.gif I am just overwhelmed with all the content and lessons smile.gif But I will get there!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2007, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Welcome man, and NO you are NEVER too old to do things that you like in your life. Thats sounds pretty logical to me isn`t it smile.gif PLay the guitar and enjoy it. People play it whole their lives and never get bored. If you let the guitar put its spell on you, you forget how much years you have trust me! wink.gif Keep on rooooockin`!!! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 4 2007, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Welcome m8! Some good advices are already posted about where to start so i wish you fun and enjoy your staying here smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 4 2007, 10:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC !! Its never too late to start playing!! Hope you have fun here, and please ask if you have any questions! cool.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 4 2007, 11:33 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Welcome to GMC Eric,
also check out the 1to1 lessons, Kris's lesson about using a metronome and Andrew's various lessons on theory basics.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 4 2007, 11:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 4 2007, 10:33 PM) *
also check out the 1to1 lessons, Kris's lesson about using a metronome and Andrew's various lessons on theory basics.

welcome m8 biggrin.gif have fun, practice hard and good luck

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 5 2007, 12:37 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 5 2007, 12:56 AM
Instructor
Welcome Eric!!!! smile.gif

Age is not that matter,it's all about love and passion smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 5 2007, 01:00 AM
You're only too old to learn guitar when you're in your later life with regrets. Good choice to start now and I wish you well. Practice as often as possible but more importantly every day for at least 30 mins to start. Good luck and ask any questions you have.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
eschlic
Dec 5 2007, 03:42 AM
Well my equipment to start is a

Squire Fat Strat Standard with a Crate 15w tube amp... Decent tuner and lots of sore fingers smile.gif

Decent equipment to start with?? Wanted a tube amp because I like the sound much better

+Quote Post
LwShieN
Dec 5 2007, 07:29 AM
You have found the right website my friend , beginner lessons right up to advance Godlike lessons here wink.gif...

Welcome and you are never too old to rock biggrin.gif

--------------------
MY GEAR

Ibanez RG1570
Seagul Accoustic Guitar
Brandless Classical Guitar
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Gt8 Boss Pedal

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 5 2007, 02:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (eschlic @ Dec 5 2007, 02:42 AM) *
Well my equipment to start is a

Squire Fat Strat Standard with a Crate 15w tube amp... Decent tuner and lots of sore fingers smile.gif

Decent equipment to start with?? Wanted a tube amp because I like the sound much better

The Crate is a great little Tube amp for sure !! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:02 AM