3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Nintendo Wii, next gen console
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 26 2007, 03:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Does anyone have this baby ? Its a great console and first one I actually wanted to buy..I really like the way you interact with games using wireless controllers..You get really involved with it ..Its really fun played with friends too..And after a game session your muscles got a good workout..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPVP_llfo

What are your thoughts about it..And ask if you have any questions (I own the console) , share info about games , wi-fi etc...

cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 26 2007, 04:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
When i was owning on Zelda i got a little out of control, looked like i was fighting and invisible adversary!

Needless to say, i didnt look to cool wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 26 2007, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have tried it and it is really fun but i have only tried to play wii sports and it was really funny.

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
xucphra
Dec 26 2007, 04:43 PM
GMC:er
yeah, its pretty cool.

--------------------

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 26 2007, 04:44 PM
My brother got one for Christmas.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 26 2007, 06:01 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
We got the WII for our kids and they love it. I think it's really fun to watch the games too and the ones I've played, Raving Rabbids and some Mario game were lots of fun.
I have a XBOX360 for myself and these are really wide apart. The WII is more family oriented and more fun to watch, I'd never start the XBOX during a party but WII sports, Boogie, Raving Rabids or something else is very amusing. biggrin.gif
HaloIII or C&C3 on the 360 would be more like a party killer.
Though I'm more fond of the 360 myself, I get a chanse to crawl away in a corner for a few hours to myself and play my C&C all alone. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 26 2007, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Yes the Wii console is really great. Very fun and amusing, especially in multiplayer. Considering of buying it when the price rolls off a bit. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 26 2007, 09:08 PM
Lets go fishing!
My nephew got one for christmas, great fun! Although i would rather practice of course but there awsome biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 26 2007, 10:07 PM
I've had one since my first day at GMC, and I've got to say I'm really disappointed with it. It's a great console, but it's not for the hardcore gamer. If you're getting it for your kids, or plan to play with your friends it's fun, but I can't stand it.

The thing that really repels me from playing it is that it's target age range is somewhere from ages 8-12. Most of the games I've seen and played are kiddie games. Also, the system is a lot less powerful than the 360 and the PS3, and this shows in games like Call of Duty 3.

If you plan to play games for hours on end alone, or online, I suggest the 360.

If you plan to play games with friends or family and just have fun, then grab the Wii.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Dec 26 2007, 10:08 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 27 2007, 07:08 AM
But then you can play Metroid Prime 3 - really great FPS..Games for wii are just getting out better and better.Yes there are lots of kids games but not all of them are like that.Also you can play Fifa 2008 online wink.gif Its great fun..Now you can play Medal of honor 2 online too...I think that the games for wii will just get better over the time because of its sales success... wink.gif But yeah both consoles are good, its just the matter of taste in the end.. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 27 2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I'm a lot more into the gory, bloody kinda stuff. I guess thats why I don't like the Wii too much.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Dec 27 2007, 07:46 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 28 2007, 12:37 AM
I've got a wii and I'm satisfied. I mean, it's not like I expected anything but a gamecube on steroids with a controller that works for some games and doesn't for others. It's also the only next gen console I have (I was going to get a 360 right after I got my wii, but I've been buying guitar stuff instead...) and since I'm such a huge Zelda fanboy, I'm happy with that (ok, I feel terrible for not having played mass effect yet, I'm getting more insane each day!) and the line up isn't as bad as some people say. I mean, it's been out for about one year and it had Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and some other decent games. That's good for just one year, I'm not sure, but wasn't Dead Rising almost the only thing 360 had after a year?

Anyways, I love my wii, as a "hardcore" (or at least former hardcore) gamer, even though I feel that I also need a 360. So yeah, wii owns, and in februar, when No More Heroes is released in europe (censored sad.gif ) the wii will have an amazing line up.

Oh, and I thought the control was a bit too gimmicky in the beginning, but games like Metroid Prime 3 uses it perfectly, I've never enjoyed the controls in a console fps as much as in that game. Sure, it's nothing compared to a pc, but I'd pick the wiimote over dual analog any day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 28 2007, 02:49 AM
Everyone needs a 360 because everyone needs Mass Effect wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 28 2007, 05:30 AM
Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game, and I really didn't enjoy it too much. Solving puzzle after puzzle seems like just a way to prolong the game. But I can understand how people enjoy the game.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 28 2007, 11:42 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 28 2007, 02:49 AM) *
Everyone needs a 360 because everyone needs Mass Effect wink.gif

Stop it! mad.gif mad.gif sad.gif blink.gif tongue.gif

And Ayen: Yeah, I understand that you think that when you don't like solving puzzles since that's the main part of the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2007, 08:17 PM
Also I like surfing online with wii , laying in bed with the wiimote wink.gif Console is leading in sales and good games will surly come ...Also will get much better over the time(technically).. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 6 2008, 10:03 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Dec 27 2007, 03:59 AM) *

Cool ending! biggrin.gif

I might get it when the price is lower for Guitar Hero 3 cool.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 13 2008, 12:11 PM
Zelda is my all time favourite game. From the NES, to the SNES, Gameboy, N64, Gamecube, all been amazing....I'm yet to play the Wii version, which is really irritating me.
Nintendo is the only one for me....Xbox and PS3 I find are really unimaginative and only sell on the graphics....I think Wii held back on superior graphics to prove a point and I think it's working....Wii is the best console on the market so far. IMHO

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 13 2008, 05:29 PM
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Jan 13 2008, 03:11 AM) *
Xbox and PS3 I find are really unimaginative and only sell on the graphics

Wow really?

F.E.A.R. has crappy graphics and the game was superb, excellent game! Good graphics can really add to the experience sometimes, of course, you dont NEED them for an amazing, But playing COD4 on a giant HD Screen and playing the campaign, such an epic experience, especially when the nuclear bomb goes off, and your character is lying on the ground dying in a apocalyptic city, the story is amazing! Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Half Life 2 Series, and tons more have cool graphics, but there stories are beyond all comparison, they provide such an in depth experience and captivating storyline, the graphics are just a cool bonus!

You should give the 360 and PS3 Another chance. 360 has amazing games out for it now, and PS3 Will have two of the most incredible games released this year, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 13 2008, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 13 2008, 05:29 PM) *
Wow really?

F.E.A.R. has crappy graphics and the game was superb, excellent game! Good graphics can really add to the experience sometimes, of course, you dont NEED them for an amazing, But playing COD4 on a giant HD Screen and playing the campaign, such an epic experience, especially when the nuclear bomb goes off, and your character is lying on the ground dying in a apocalyptic city, the story is amazing! Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Half Life 2 Series, and tons more have cool graphics, but there stories are beyond all comparison, they provide such an in depth experience and captivating storyline, the graphics are just a cool bonus!

You should give the 360 and PS3 Another chance. 360 has amazing games out for it now, and PS3 Will have two of the most incredible games released this year, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII.

Don't forget Condemned, Rainbow Six Vegas (though it's story wasn't stellar), Gears of War, and Lost Planet (which I really enjoyed but others sadly didn't sad.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:51 PM