A G/mc Collab!, Fiercesome adrenaline pumping through your veins to the sound of ROCK
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 11:30 AM
GMC Founder

Are you prepared to rock?
Can you handle fiercesome adrenaline pumping through your veins to the sound of raw, unadulterated, beat knocking rock?
If not - get outta here fast. Because it is time to rock - hard, heavy and steady.

When Young is getting old you know the world is upside down, and the only thing we can do about it - IS TO ROCK.

Attached Image

‘Nuff said, now just feel the groove:
Attached File  ACDC_backing_final.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 733

--------

* You guessed it - we’re doing another audio collab to follow up on the last one.
* Deadline is 2015-02-05. Lots of time to polish your take, and we’ll do our outmost to help you out along the way.
* This is a workshop where you will understand how to make music, not just practice. So by participating here you will reach insights not possible to get elsewhere on the site.
* Post your take in this topic
* For your final version, upload files in this topic (mp3 with at least 128 kbps quality, 16 bit wav files are welcome though). We need two files: 1. Your solo without the backing track 2. Your solo mixed with the backing track for reference

Gab recorded this amazing sounding AC/DC style track in 120 bpm. You can use the A minor pentatonic scale to play over it:

VERSE
A5 | D5 G | (x4)

BRIDGE
E | E |

CHORUS
A5 G | D5 G | (x4)

------

RESULT - DOWNLOAD THE FINAL VERSION!

Order of Appearance:

Gabriel Leopardi (Rhythm guitar & intro phrase)
SubbedCris (Lead guitar)
Phil66 (Lead guitar) + Dieterle (Rhythmic delay arrangement)
Beat Zbinden (Lead guitar and Kirk Hammet’s Wah Wah auto pan)
Lothomer (Lead guitar)
Sensible Jones (Lead guitar)
Rhida (Lead guitar)
Caelumamittendum (Lead guitar)
SpaaseMonkey (Lead guitar)
GeneT95 (Lead guitar)
Vinman (Lead guitar)
Procyon (Lead guitar)
Bleez + Nick6373 (Guitar battle)
Kristofel Dahl (Lead guitar)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
MrUK
Jan 16 2015, 12:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hell yeah! smile.gif

That´s one style that I like smile.gif

Nice picture on you too..! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 12:25 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MrUK @ Jan 16 2015, 12:19 PM) *
Hell yeah! smile.gif

That´s one style that I like smile.gif

Nice picture on you too..! biggrin.gif

Awesome to have you in! biggrin.gif

And thanks I wanted to look.. Young! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MrUK
Jan 16 2015, 12:37 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2015, 12:25 PM) *
Awesome to have you in! biggrin.gif

And thanks I wanted to look.. Young! wink.gif

I´ll give it a try, but can´t promise anything... smile.gif
Maby I end up in deep water...

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 12:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MrUK @ Jan 16 2015, 12:37 PM) *
I´ll give it a try, but can´t promise anything... smile.gif
Maby I end up in deep water...

No commitments needed. Just have fun with the track! You only need to record yourself if you feel like (obviously) cool.gif

I am also hoping we'll get some beginners participating - as those usually benefit most from collabs (but they are also the shy:est students - for understandable reasons).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
OK here i am, the OLDY gives it a try and hopefully i feel a bit younger after That !
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 16 2015, 12:44 PM) *
OK here i am, the OLDY gives it a try and hopefully i feel a bit younger after That !
rolleyes.gif

Haha guaranteed! tongue.gif Awesome Dieterle!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rhida
Jan 16 2015, 01:44 PM
Great band, great music so obviously it will be a great collab!
I'm in! smile.gif

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
Jan 16 2015, 02:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool backing track and collab! smile.gif

My take ------> Attached File  AC_DC.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 671

Without backing ---->Attached File  AC_DC_Raw.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 517

This post has been edited by SubbedChris: Jan 16 2015, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 02:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Jan 16 2015, 02:10 PM) *
Cool backing track and collab! smile.gif

My take ------> Attached File  AC_DC.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 671

Hehe wow that was fast Chris, great to see you here again! biggrin.gif

You did an amazing job and I hope others won't be intimidated by the quality of this first take.

You begin strong straight from start, with a bright tone that suits the style and backing. And 0:10-0:20 is just pure eargasm!

The level of this one is very high so take my feedback as personal taste advice:

* I would have mixed the guitar slightly lower, to better establish your guitar among the other instruments.

* From the bend at 00:26 quality of your playing goes down slightly, the bend and vibrato feels a little off pitch wise. In the run at 00:31, playing is slightly sloppy (because of hand synch). Same at 00:34 where a missed note can be heard.

* I would probably try to smoothen the last run at 00:33, to better follow the feel of the backing track. Maybe by using neck pickup, and/or softer playing dynamics. N.B. Possibly this will be less of a problem with your guitar mixed lower.

Very cool start of the collab, thanks Chris!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
Jan 16 2015, 02:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2015, 01:36 PM) *
Hehe wow that was fast Chris, great to see you here again! biggrin.gif

You did an amazing job and I hope others won't be intimidated by the quality of this first take.

You begin strong straight away, with a bright tone that suits the style and backing. And 0:10-0:20 is just pure eargasm!

The level of this one is very high so take my feedback as personal taste advice.

* I would have mixed the guitar slightly lower to better establish your guitar among the other instruments.

* From the bend at 00:26 quality of your playing goes down slightly, this bend and vibrato feels a little off pitch wise. The run at 00:31, playing is slightly sloppy (read hand synch). Same at 00:34 where a missed note can be heard.

* I would probably try to smoothen the last run at 00:33 to try and follow the feel of the backing more. Maybe by using neck pickup, and/or softer playing dynamics. Possibly, this will be less of a problem with your guitar mixed lower.

Very cool start of the collab, thanks Chris!

Yeah,noticed all these too :\ I started electric again after nearly 2 years so I got a long long way to go!

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

+Quote Post
MrUK
Jan 16 2015, 02:49 PM
I think I need to practice like a demon here on GMC, before I even think about doing this one...! smile.gif

Hard work, hard work, hard work..... mad.gif

Any way, great work SubbedChris! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 03:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Jan 16 2015, 02:39 PM) *
Yeah,noticed all these too :\ I started electric again after nearly 2 years so I got a long long way to go!

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Ok even more well done considering that. You should never have put it down..or?

I am in the same boat, I put the guitar down for almost two years - and I got a lot of new perspective thanks to this... But I am not sure I ever will let it go again though biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MrUK @ Jan 16 2015, 02:49 PM) *
I think I need to practice like a demon here on GMC, before I even think about doing this one...! smile.gif

Yes that is the idea with these collabs, they make you want to work even harder!

But it's important to understand that you should not feel that your take must be perfect before you can upload. Because as a learning student, it is not easy to 'perfect' on your own. And you could even work in the wrong direction without knowing it.

So by uploading here you do yourself a big favour, and it does not really matter what others think about your playing. What matters is that you do the smartest move for you own progress. And as mentioned, participating in a collab is very different from practicing lessons on your own. Try it and you will see what I mean!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MrUK
Jan 16 2015, 03:08 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2015, 03:04 PM) *
Yes that is the idea with these collabs, they make you want to work even harder!

But it's important to understand that you should not feel that your take must be perfect before you can upload. Because as a learning student, it is not easy to 'perfect' on your own. And you could even work in the wrong direction without knowing it.

So by uploading here you do yourself a big favour, and it does not really matter what others think about your playing. What matters is that you do the smartest move for you own progress. And as mentioned, participating in a collab is very different from practicing lessons on your own. Try it and you will see what I mean!

Thanks for the tip, I know what you mean..! smile.gif

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
Jan 16 2015, 03:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 16 2015, 02:04 PM) *
Ok even more well done considering that. You should never have put it down..or?

I am in the same boat, I put the guitar down for almost two years - and I got a lot of new perspective thanks to this... But I am not sure I ever will let it go again though biggrin.gif

I was frustrated with my electric tone back then (and still am) and started playing percussive stuff on acoustic guitar..Andy McKee,Antoine Dufour etc! I learned lots of new things but my love for electric guitar prevailed 2 years later!

So here I am,and you'll probably see more of me! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MrUK @ Jan 16 2015, 01:49 PM) *

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Making your own arrangement is part of your learning process! And this one is very very fun! Post your take nooooow! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by SubbedChris: Jan 16 2015, 03:19 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 03:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Jan 16 2015, 03:12 PM) *
I was frustrated with my electric tone back then (and still am) and started playing percussive stuff on acoustic guitar..Andy McKee,Antoine Dufour etc! I learned lots of new things but my love for electric guitar prevailed 2 years later!

Wow sounds amazing, you've certainly not wasted any time, by the sound of it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jan 16 2015, 03:53 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

Excuse my bad english, I'm french, I use the google tranlate

Thank you for backing track.. I try this evening....

How play the minor scale ? Does it play scale based on chord ?

Generally I try to play a single tone .... I don't have knowledge of music theory unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 04:08 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jan 16 2015, 03:53 PM) *
Hi

Excuse my bad english, I'm french, I use the google tranlate

Thank you for backing track.. I try this evening....

How play the minor scale ? Does it play scale based on chord ?

Generally I try to play a single tone .... I don't have knowledge of music theory unsure.gif

Great question!

The "A minor pentatonic" scale works over all these chords, because the key of the backing track is A. The tonality of the backing track doesn't change, so you can stay in the same key throughout.

To complicate things, there is no "third" note (C or C#) present in the backing track. Which means this progression is not really minor nor major.

So you could also try the A major pentatonic scale:

There are many other options though. For example if you would rather play on a single string, you can play these notes:

Attached Image

Let me know if I understood your question!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 16 2015, 04:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in¨
Let's rock!!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 16 2015, 04:31 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 16 2015, 04:27 PM) *
I'm in¨
Let's rock!!!

Welcome Beat - can't wait to hear your take! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:24 PM