Nashville Flood, Musicians Hall of Fame future uncertain, instruments damaged
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 20 2010, 11:50 PM
Instructor
Someone has seen this ??! What a tragedy, my God...

Video

...apparently its worse that expected. They have set up a guitar triage at another location and every tech in the area has volunteered to try and save whatever possible. Three of us from GC Nashville are going over tomorrow to pitch in but there doesn't seem to be much hope. Acoustic guitars with water-based glue are simply falling apart.
Lynyrd Skynyrd's guys got some of their gear out last night and took it to Gibson's Custom Shop this morning. Out of 18 guitars, only 2 may be salvageable and they will require refinishing. One of the shop's foremen says the finishes are bubbling off the guitars. There was apparently a lot of diesel fuel in the water.
The amount of lost gear is staggering. Don't have exact figures on everything but here's what I've heard...
Possibly up to 2000 instruments.
Vince Gill had 350 guitars there.
John Fogerty had 30 vintage Les Pauls.
Kix Brooks had 50 Gibson J-200's
Keith Urban lost everything.
Brad Paisley lost everything except his '68 Tele which he had at home.
Peter Frampton said here on Facebook that everything was gone.
Lorrie Morgan's entire tour wardrobe was in there.
Lee Ann Rimes had her entire show loaded into trailers ready to head out.
The list goes on and on. I can't remember everything we've been told.
Virtually every touring or studio musician in the town had stuff there.
For a guitar lover like me, tomorrow may be the most depressing, sickening day of my life.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Sinisa Cekic   Nashville Flood   Jun 20 2010, 11:50 PM
- - skennington   Not only gear, but loads of musical history lost i...   Jun 20 2010, 11:57 PM
- - Daniel Realpe   when did this happen!   Jun 21 2010, 12:34 AM
- - Adrian Figallo   wow.. very sad.   Jun 21 2010, 12:56 AM
- - Staffy   Oh man... thats a shame to see that so many great ...   Jun 21 2010, 12:58 AM
- - Gary   Simply devastating... unreal that some many vip in...   Jun 21 2010, 03:42 AM
- - The Uncreator   God this is terrible! Its not just music equip...   Jun 21 2010, 03:45 AM
- - Fre   So sad..   Jun 21 2010, 12:01 PM
- - Bogdan Radovic   oh man this is so sad ((((( This is an important p...   Jun 21 2010, 06:03 PM
- - Sollesnes   Oh man   Jun 21 2010, 06:11 PM
- - sted   heartbreaking, these things should be in a vault s...   Jun 21 2010, 07:56 PM
- - Gitarrero   Man, that's a tragedy   Jun 21 2010, 09:01 PM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   A tragedy indeed, so much history washed away   Jun 24 2010, 02:16 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:44 AM