Feature Requests?
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
I did a search but can't find our main thread for GMC FEATURE REQUESTS?

I'd like to throw in a few smile.gif

1.)Ability to click on POSTS in the forum search to organize posts by VIEWS or by ORIGINAL POSTER?

2.)Auto Double Broadcast: It seems the video chat cam has less lag than the ustream cam so it would be nice if both could started by default at once?

3.)Social Media Integration: Ability to "like" a given post/etc. to share it on social media to bring folks in to the GMC conversation/world smile.gif

Any other ideas?

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Mertay
Jun 26 2014, 09:55 PM
The forum is very active, sometimes I write something-go to bed and wake up nothing on the "view new posts" list is there anymore...I forget to follow topics sad.gif

Some sort of warning would be nice, specially when quoted smile.gif

Also more forum sections would be nice; like guitar maintenance, audio/video record/mix section, new music (media shares like youtube etc.) and maybe a section for teacher/student/collab. music...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 10:32 PM
Some fine suggestions smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 26 2014, 04:55 PM) *
The forum is very active, sometimes I write something-go to bed and wake up nothing on the "view new posts" list is there anymore...I forget to follow topics sad.gif

Some sort of warning would be nice, specially when quoted smile.gif

Also more forum sections would be nice; like guitar maintenance, audio/video record/mix section, new music (media shares like youtube etc.) and maybe a section for teacher/student/collab. music...

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 27 2014, 10:59 AM
Learning Roadie
A great feature I've seen on another forum I'm on is using the @tag in a post like facebook, if you want a specific members input on a thread, it send them a notification.

Maybe a section for student practice blogs, where they can show what they are practicing and working on with audio clips and videos. A little like the mentoring threads but without the mentoring, but where others can give advice and encouragement or just get motivation for themselves

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Jun 27 2014, 11:02 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 27 2014, 12:04 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the suggestions - please keep them coming!

To those who have missed it, I would like to throw in a little explanation as to why we haven't made any functionality changes to the GMC website lately.

~2 years ago functionality development started to become increasingly difficult, put simply we could not make any major changes without breaking half of the website. At this stage it became of obvious to me we had to rebuild the foundation, most of the functionality and migrate all content. This in order to keep developing functionality in the future GMC.

The rebuild has now taken more than one year longer than anticipated, with various complications (disputes, change of development team, etc). Being able to manage and fund this has been a major concern for me.

Things currently do look a bit brighter though, and I hope the site launch is not very far away. Once done, we will be able to regularly add requested features again (and just as important: remove what is not being used).

However there are things we can change now - and that involves the help you currently get from core instructors in the community. So if you have feedback about the personal help you get from instructors - we would very much like to hear about it. Do you think you would progress quicker if instructors acted differently? Please post here or pm me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 27 2014, 12:38 PM
I'm not very capable on web design but I do know these migrations can be very difficult but rewarding.

Last year a 10+ year old local forums server crashed (most popular recording forum in Turkey). The recent backups somehow didn't work except one that was from 3 years ago tongue.gif so instead of restoring, they decided to build a new one. Then all the funding was gone and the forum is still not active...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:51 AM