Blogging, To make money!
Smikey2006
Oct 8 2008, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
Ive been reading a bit on blogging to make money and im very confused but at the same time very curious! Who knows something about blogging / how to make money off of it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Canis
Oct 9 2008, 12:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've heard of people living in Hollywood and stuff, getting sponsored for updating the world on "what your favourite celebrity's dog is doing right now" and stuff...
And I guess you could get paid if you make a deal with some newspaper or website if you make great articles for something that's relevant to that site/newspaper...

Kinda like a Freelance Collumnist tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Oct 9 2008, 12:04 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 9 2008, 12:13 AM
what about this whole pay per click ads thing? i guess the idea is you buy a website and just write stuff and when people go to it and click on ads you get payed for the advertising space. sounds like a pritty simple way of making money.. there must be more to it!

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 9 2008, 12:13 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I guess you can write a very popular blog/web site and than make money from ads or something...But its a long run... sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 9 2008, 12:16 AM
sounded too easy tongue.gif anyone have any information though? ive found fourms with people freaking out about it, but i have no idea!

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 9 2008, 12:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Oct 9 2008, 12:13 AM) *
what about this whole pay per click ads thing? i guess the idea is you buy a website and just write stuff and when people go to it and click on ads you get payed for the advertising space. sounds like a pritty simple way of making money.. there must be more to it!

It does sound simple but it's not really. If somebody clicks and buy stuff from that page, then you have a small comission. You really have to be an expert to make some real money that way.

There is no easy money.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 9 2008, 12:41 AM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 8 2008, 07:37 PM) *
It does sound simple but it's not really. If somebody clicks and buy stuff from that page, then you have a small comission. You really have to be an expert to make some real money that way.

There is no easy money.

I maybe more than anyone recognize there is no such thing as easy money, but there is a huge hype about blogging, i just wanted to try and disprove the myth smile.gif i found this site a few minutes ago

http://findinarticles.com/a80ncSqcK/171558...ngle-Month.html

Wouldn't it be cool for GMC members to start a guitar blog? Have a team of members adding articles weekly, since there is no sign up we could have a large amount of traffic with our combined knowledge biggrin.gif add some affiliate links to guitar stuff websites and some free ads to gmc wink.gif and maybe there's a way to make a bit of money off the population at large smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 9 2008, 01:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
To earn money with ads you need a highly frequented website, blog or whatever. The problem is to create something what is interesting for a lot of people and stands out of what already exist.

Beside the content you need some technical knowledge to adapted your site to the latest standards, search engine routines and stuff like this.

I recently met someone who is living on this. He has a few websites running and is launching regular new ones as not all of them turn out to be successful. The others he has to update and maintain all the time. It was interesting, but it sounded like to be much more then just one full time job. The good thing is ... you can work from home smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 9 2008, 03:38 AM
I know 2 guys with a site that earns its income off of google ads and software downloads.

Both earn over $100k/yr.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:47 AM