2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hello....new Member Here!, Greetings from an amp junkie, writer, performer, etc....
Mattfig
Dec 30 2012, 02:26 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys....My name is Mattfig and write and record music professionally since 1998...I perform with my band and also write for TV/Movies...I have publishing deals with all the majors from FOX through HBO...

Anyway, I don't do well at the resume' thing online but I wanna dive in here...

Right now I keep a major stable of tube amps...It's rather involved but I'm happy to answer any questions for those unfamiliar...I mainly use customized Egnater/Randall MTS systems along with a Mesa Roadster w/ FJAMods...

Here's a few pics of the gear in my main room...Crappy quality pics but you'll get the idea....Lots and lots of gear....

You can hear my latest songs at www.cdbaby.com/mattfig2

I also make many instructional and informational videos on custom MTS modules...

Here's my latest offering...

Let's talk gear!!!! I'm very excited to be a part of this community!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mattfig: Dec 30 2012, 02:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 30 2012, 02:38 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Mattfig!

WOW that music room looks absolutely amazing! smile.gif

Your album sounds great - did you record/perform all the instruments and vocals?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Mattfig
Dec 30 2012, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 30 2012, 01:38 AM) *
Welcome to GMC Mattfig!

WOW that music room looks absolutely amazing! smile.gif

Your album sounds great - did you record/perform all the instruments and vocals?

Why thanks! It's me on all vocals and I play every instrument on some songs while others feature my bandmates as well...

The newest CD is being tracked right now and features the whole band and all the MTS system gear....The guitars are bigger than ever...

Thank you for taking the time to say hey!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2012, 05:40 AM
Instructor
Wou!! Amazing introduction! Your background, that cool room, the video and the song sounding there are awesome! Also you voice sounds really good! It's great to have you here!
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fluff191
Dec 30 2012, 06:16 AM

Whats going on Matt! Love Salvation Mods!!

--------------------
Schecter Guitars | DV Mark Amps | Kemper Profiling Amp | Logic Pro 9

YouTube Channel: Riffs, Beards & Gear

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2012, 11:24 AM
Instructor
Hi Matt, nice to meet you. Wow, that's amazing to be able to write for tv's / movies - well done !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif Welcome mate! It looks like you are packed from A to Z! Great to have you here with us!

+Quote Post
Mattfig
Dec 31 2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys. Great to be here...I'm still finding my way around but have enjoyed what I've seen so far...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 31 2012, 01:42 AM
Some really spiff gear you have there! Any links to some of your work for FOX/HBO etc? Love to hear some! Welcome to GMC!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Mattfig @ Dec 29 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Hi guys....My name is Mattfig and write and record music professionally since 1998...I perform with my band and also write for TV/Movies...I have publishing deals with all the majors from FOX through HBO...

Anyway, I don't do well at the resume' thing online but I wanna dive in here...

Right now I keep a major stable of tube amps...It's rather involved but I'm happy to answer any questions for those unfamiliar...I mainly use customized Egnater/Randall MTS systems along with a Mesa Roadster w/ FJAMods...

Here's a few pics of the gear in my main room...Crappy quality pics but you'll get the idea....Lots and lots of gear....

You can hear my latest songs at www.cdbaby.com/mattfig2

I also make many instructional and informational videos on custom MTS modules...

Here's my latest offering...

Let's talk gear!!!! I'm very excited to be a part of this community!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
Indeed man, I'd be totally curious to see what you did for them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 31 2012, 01:21 PM
WOW!! Great stuff Matt. I'll be looking into one of those Salvation Mod units for sure!!
Welcome to GMC!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mattfig
Dec 31 2012, 02:50 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 31 2012, 12:21 PM) *
WOW!! Great stuff Matt. I'll be looking into one of those Salvation Mod units for sure!!
Welcome to GMC!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You will love it! I'm happy to help you in any way when you decide to pull the trigger!

As for those asking links to publishing work, the song I used for the Salvation Mods promo video has an alternate version (revised lyrics) that appears in a few FOX series. I am not a jingle or theme song guy (yet). Otherwise, songs from my last CD have also seen usage - "Silk Shirt" and "She's Got A Lot To Say" in particular.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2012, 08:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mattfig @ Dec 31 2012, 10:50 AM) *
You will love it! I'm happy to help you in any way when you decide to pull the trigger!

As for those asking links to publishing work, the song I used for the Salvation Mods promo video has an alternate version (revised lyrics) that appears in a few FOX series. I am not a jingle or theme song guy (yet). Otherwise, songs from my last CD have also seen usage - "Silk Shirt" and "She's Got A Lot To Say" in particular.

I'm checking more of your songs and I really enjoy your style. Your voice and style remind me a bit to GNR and also to Ugly Kid Joe. Are these bands influences?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 1 2013, 12:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC Matt! smile.gif Nice intro. Awesome room! Great video. Well done! smile.gif

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 1 2013, 10:59 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Quite impressive! Welcome to GMC Matt!

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 4 2013, 05:18 AM
Welcome man! I love the setup you've got there, wish I had a room that big to mess around in!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2013, 02:14 AM
Can you maybe put some links in this post to youtube vids or what not so we can check some of it out? Thanks!

Todd

QUOTE (Mattfig @ Dec 31 2012, 08:50 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mattfig
Jan 5 2013, 04:42 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 5 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Can you maybe put some links in this post to youtube vids or what not so we can check some of it out? Thanks!

Todd

Hi Todd,

My regular site is going through a rebuild but you can hear every song from my last disc here...

http://www.cdbaby.com/mattfig2

Thanks much and there will be a bunch more very soon...

All the best,
Mattfig

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Jan 5 2013, 06:31 PM
Welcome to GMC, mate! Glad to know you love talking about gear - that's one of my favorite subjects nowadays.

What is that FIG amp/cabinet ? Is a custom made amp ? How does it sound like ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mattfig
Jan 5 2013, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (Andre Nieri @ Jan 5 2013, 05:31 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, mate! Glad to know you love talking about gear - that's one of my favorite subjects nowadays.

What is that FIG amp/cabinet ? Is a custom made amp ? How does it sound like ?

HIya! The cabs I have are all some form of Egnater design though built by different companies...The Fig cabinet that is white is loaded with vintage 30s and used for strictly for recording...The black Fig cabinet is loaded with Celestion Neos (custom built) used live and for recording and the amp that sits on top with the Fig logo is a custom Randall/Egnater RM100 head that I use with my MTS (Modular Tube System) modules...The head is loaded with a pair of EL34s and a pair of 6CA7s for power...The preamps I have are all custom builds and cover almost every major amp I have ever owned or wanted...Many Marshalls, Mesa Recto, Mesa Mark IV, Mark V, Vox, Matchless, VHT, Diezel, Fender, Orange, Soldano- the list goes on and on...These are actual tube preamps, nothing digital...If you want to know more about them I'm happy to show them off...I have many MTS rigs and do a lot of work with them...

Anyway, what kind of gear do you use? That goes for anyone reading this...Curious what the others in the community are into...

Seems digital gear like the Kemper PA has captured many studios' attention...Mine too but I can't tear away from the tubes...smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM