How Bach Would Play Crazy Train?
Adam
Mar 5 2019, 10:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello! I just came across this video where someone tries to answer the question in thread topic using counterpoint, I think. I know what a counterpoint is but I've no idea how to use it, how and why it works. Anyway, it was interesting to watch and maybe when I'm more experienced I'll understand it. I thought I'd share it, so here it is:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2019, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
Very cool stuff! smile.gif I'd like to hear it with an orchestra!
QUOTE (Adam M @ Mar 5 2019, 05:56 PM) *
Hello! I just came across this video where someone tries to answer the question in thread topic using counterpoint, I think. I know what a counterpoint is but I've no idea how to use it, how and why it works. Anyway, it was interesting to watch and maybe when I'm more experienced I'll understand it. I thought I'd share it, so here it is:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 6 2019, 06:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
I think there are quite a few issues with the theory though, but I'm too well versed in it. There seemed to be parallel fifths and octaves for instance.

Quick overview of "rules":

https://composer.rowy.net/Composers_Do_and_Dont.html

And I've recommended this course before:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/classical-composition

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 11 2019, 11:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 6 2019, 06:59 AM) *
I think there are quite a few issues with the theory though, but I'm too well versed in it. There seemed to be parallel fifths and octaves for instance.

Quick overview of "rules":

https://composer.rowy.net/Composers_Do_and_Dont.html

And I've recommended this course before:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/classical-composition

I can't tell what's okay and what's wrong in it because I'm not familiar with the theory at this level.

Thanks for the "rules" you posted, they were quite informative! smile.gif I didn't started the course yet because I know I wouldn't study for the exam but now that I passed it all I'll be enrolling it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 11 2019, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Adam M @ Mar 11 2019, 11:06 PM) *
I can't tell what's okay and what's wrong in it because I'm not familiar with the theory at this level.

Thanks for the "rules" you posted, they were quite informative! smile.gif I didn't started the course yet because I know I wouldn't study for the exam but now that I passed it all I'll be enrolling it.

Sorry if I came across a bit "harsh". Didn't really mean to. I think I was on my way out the door. smile.gif

Classical composition is very interesting, and honestly not very well-versed in it. I never completed that course either, but got about 3 weeks in (out of 6) before life decided to get in the way. It's often available though, so I will likely look into it at another point.

Also, regarding fugues, this is kinda interesting:

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Adam
Mar 13 2019, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 11 2019, 11:16 PM) *
Sorry if I came across a bit "harsh". Didn't really mean to. I think I was on my way out the door. smile.gif

Classical composition is very interesting, and honestly not very well-versed in it. I never completed that course either, but got about 3 weeks in (out of 6) before life decided to get in the way. It's often available though, so I will likely look into it at another point.

Also, regarding fugues, this is kinda interesting:

No offence taken, if that's what you meant smile.gif Hope you can get back to it and clear it all this time!

I finally had a moment to watch this video about fugues and it's really interesting. I like how it's actually done not by explanation but in a practical way. I recently got a handbook for music academy students on musical forms and I plan on starting to study it in a week or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:20 PM