Browser Crash For Video Chat, I cant login to chat...My browser crashes..all of them FF, IE, Safari
newguyatgmc
Nov 13 2009, 03:08 PM
GMC:er
Hey Guys,
Is anybody experiencing this problem. All my browsers(IE, FF, Safari) crash when I login to the GMC chat.

Thanks
SF

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by newguyatgmc: Nov 13 2009, 03:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 13 2009, 04:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
Have you tried updating your Java? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 13 2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks its working now.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 14 2009, 12:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
Good to hear! See you in chat smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mr T
Dec 12 2009, 12:02 AM
I'm having the same problem. Tried updating java, but that didn't do anything for me. I have the latest java, latest firefox and deleted my cookies.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Mr T
Dec 16 2009, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (Mr T @ Dec 12 2009, 12:02 AM) *
I'm having the same problem. Tried updating java, but that didn't do anything for me. I have the latest java, latest firefox and deleted my cookies.

Does anybody have a suggestion to fix this? I'd like to make use of the chat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 19 2009, 12:27 PM
GMC Founder
We are trying to find the cause for the compability issues people are experiencing with the chat - I hope we can have it fixed next week!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 4 2010, 11:01 AM
Hey Kris, don't know if there has been progress, but I'm still experiencing the same problem. Just to let you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 4 2010, 11:10 AM
Instructor
That's strange. I've never had any trouble. If you say that every browser crashes then it might be something with your system.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 4 2010, 11:12 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mr T @ Feb 4 2010, 11:01 AM) *
Hey Kris, don't know if there has been progress, but I'm still experiencing the same problem. Just to let you know.

All the problems we could recreate regarding the chat have been fixed - if you still have problems please give us as much information as possible so that we can recreate your problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 4 2010, 11:22 AM
Then I have some work to do wink.gif

Both ie 8 and firefox 3.5.7 crash for me. When I click on the link for gmc chat, my browser takes me there and I get to see the page for about 2-3 seconds. And then before I get any video my browser informs me that it has stopped working... I click 'ok' and it closes entirely, including other opened windows.

Deleting cookies and updating java hasn't worked yet. I run windows vista on my laptop... haven't tried any other computers yet, but I could try at my parents place this weekend. Personally I think that something is going wrong during loading of the video, however I'm no expert.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Mar 14 2010, 04:24 PM
Hey Kris I've managed to fix this issue. I tried chrome as well this time and it still crashed, but at least it didn't close the browser and chrome told me that shockwave flash had crashed.
Did some searching on shockwave flash crashing all browsers and found this thread with the fix: http://www.google.hr/support/forum/p/Chrom...en&start=40

Apparently an update with bluetooth software from broadcom fixes the issue. No idea how, but it was an instant fix.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:28 AM