A Reading Of A Poem I Did A While Back
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 28 2021, 08:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Music is from Stellardrone (Eternity). I've never really done anything like this, but I thought I'd give it a go:

The beautiful blue marble planet rotating on its tilted axis
With a moon revolving this cosmic traveler with steady gaze
Unfazed were we here or not, yet rigid it phases; an ardent praxis.
From this, our Earthly home, we set sail for knowledge of universal grace.

The heart and nucleus, the mighty Sun, our source of energetic strength
Around it spin eight planetary bodies in stunning splendor
Dancing predictably and systematically, described in detail and in length
One with such attraction for asteroids; Saturn, our great defender

Our nearest neighboring stars, Alpha Centauri, three siblings a-light
Two Sun-like and one dwarf, how I cherish the thought of a closer view.
Aspirations swell as knowledge grows in vigor, much to my delight
Bygone the days of pious creed, forth come science; observe, construe.

A gargantuan galaxy, an ocean of stars, this brawny beast is forceful and fierce.
The pull of a void with such ravenous hunger; it devours nigh wayfarers whole,
A metropolis of stars, the innermost marrow of our Milky Way, space-time pierced
This relentless impetus siphons our galactic spin, by pioneers named a "black hole"

Though this brawny beast may seem a hermit, there are many of its kin
Distant and desolate relatives, friends and foes; some in love with such yearn,
Their intimacy forges not an infant, they coalesce and develop altered spin
Here too diversity exists: elliptical, spiral and irregular! Observing, we learn

A search for knowledge, a desire to discover and discern, that is science indeed
We journey to unearth the earth's origin, to study life and evolution - or universal truths
And herein lies the truest form of our discipline, not to stagnate or to mislead
Ceaseless, but fascinating and rarely tame, this voyage my one and only muse

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 28 2021, 08:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Very interesting buddy, thanks for sharing, nice atmospheric vocal cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 29 2021, 06:20 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Jul 29 2021, 01:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very cool. The part about Saturn being our defender sent me down the internet rabbit hole on articles about Jupiter and Saturn's roles in defending Earth from asteroids and comets. In other words it made me think and I learned something so thanks!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 29 2021, 01:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (FreePizza @ Jul 29 2021, 02:02 AM) *
Very cool. The part about Saturn being our defender sent me down the internet rabbit hole on articles about Jupiter and Saturn's roles in defending Earth from asteroids and comets. In other words it made me think and I learned something so thanks!

Yeah, I kinda left out Jupiter for some reason. I wrote this 2½ years ago, and I can't remember the reason for it, and when I googled Saturn/Jupiter today I got a bit confused what my reason might have been back then, as both seem to do a job. Oh well, it's nothing too serious or too scientifically correct - it's just a poem after all laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2021, 07:33 AM
GMC:er
You've got a great voice man. It's a very cool piece of writing as well. Feels somehow almost like the intro to a concept album. I think you could do voice over work and such if you were in to that. Nice one!!

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:54 PM