> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

123 Pages V  « < 121 122 123  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Yesterday, 07:52 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

I read that about five times, I understand it a little bit, I'll look into it some more. As I've said before, I find music theory very confusing, my confusion starts with an octave (Oct = 8) having 12 tones in it and they're not all equally spaced, obviously otherwise there would be 16, 32, 48 etc, it's things like that which fool a mechanical engineer like me, maybe I'm overthinking it, laugh.gif

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 08:31 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
</div>[color="#000000"][/color

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Instructor
hahah don't overthink. Do you remember Karate Kid? Think that I'm some kind of guitar Miyagi for you, just trust and enjoy. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 02:18 PM
laugh.gif I have that personality trait where I struggle to accept without understanding. I'll always accept advice but if someone says, "That would sound better with an F7#13 chord" I'd take the advice, do the job and then ask, "Why does it sound better and why is it called F7#13??????"

Sorry Mr Miyagi, it's isn't that I don't trust you but I have a thirst for knowledge, now where are my polishing cloths? I have some wax on wax off to be doing.

Okay, so if I play a Gm as the v chord after the F that will be okay? Even though you've used F major?

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 02:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 09:04 PM
UPDATE TO THE ABOVE POST:

Please ignoe the timing, I actually had to edit the gaps out a little bit because I realised I've never learnt the Cm chord, it seems impossible to play the open version which on my chord chart shows it like this with 1st finger on the D#, 2nd on the C, 3rd on the C( A string) and 4th on the G, so I used the Am shape barre chord for the first example.

To my ears this sounds okay:

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/3-chords-gabs-key

But to my ears, this sounds better, why do you think that is?

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/3-chords-diff-key

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

123 Pages V  « < 121 122 123
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th September 2020 - 02:36 AM