> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

124 Pages V  « < 119 120 121 122 123 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Sep 9 2020, 08:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

It's not too bad in the morning but after 9 hours of manual work it's worse, I could probably do with having two weeks complete rest but that's not possible.

Anyway, here's my latest attempt at various speeds. Sorry about the clipping.

https://youtu.be/6T2M3h2zXBw

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
</div>[color="#000000"][/color

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2020, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Nice! This video is really promising! This is much better than the previous take. I'm starting to see you more comfortable with the shapes. As I've said before, there is a different posture now, you look more confident than in the past. Maybe this "new beginning" it not bad at all!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2020, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Gab smile.gif

Out of everything bad there always comes some good. Maybe the long layoff has allowed my fingers to "forget" some bad habits, only time will tell and when I get up to speed and start panicking maybe they will go back into the bad habits, I will do my best to control them wink.gif

To infinity and beyooooond smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2020, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Yeah! This can be possible.

Do you remember Pat Martino's relearning story?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2020, 08:12 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2020, 03:40 PM) *
Do you remember Pat Martino's relearning story?

No I don't Gab, please enlighten me smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2020, 02:31 PM
Instructor
He had to relearn to play guitar...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2020, 09:01 AM
"To do the best I can, is the best I can do" POWERFUL!!!

Thank you for sharing that with me Gab. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 12 2020, 09:05 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2020, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 12 2020, 05:01 AM) *
"To do the best I can, is the best I can do" POWERFUL!!!

Thank you for sharing that with me Gab. cool.gif

Beautiful quote mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2020, 09:14 PM
For some reason I got quite emotional when he said that.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2020, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 12 2020, 05:14 PM) *
For some reason I got quite emotional when he said that.

It's a great way of thinking. If you get into the Atomic Habits book, you'll get a lot of inspiration in this sense. I can say that recently this book had a nice impact in my whole life.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 13 2020, 06:38 PM
I'm reading it when I go to bed, about 30% through it now wink.gif very interesting.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2020, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 13 2020, 02:38 PM) *
I'm reading it when I go to bed, about 30% through it now wink.gif very interesting.

Nice! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2020, 08:54 PM
Hello Gab,

I am still working on the other rehab stuff, but I was working away today and these words came into my head, I kinda had an Achy Breaky Heart tune going with them.

I jotted them down and here they are.

Today has nearly gone and
Tomorrow’s nearly come,
Yesterday seems oh so long ago.

No matter what I try
My life is flashing by,
I just can’t seem to make it go slow.

Too much stuff to do
Not enough time with you,
Find time to be happy, not sad.

Before our time is done
We should try and have more fun,
Live for now not wish that we had.

This is how I kinda think they could be sung with each note being a syllable of each word. I'm not really planning on taking it any further I just thought I'd share the idea, don't know why but I did wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/idea

And to see if you think the Achy Breaky Heart vibe would work, here is the track which no doubt you know.

https://youtu.be/byQIPdHMpjc

Obviously this is very simplistic, there's no chorus, and no more than that simple plucked guitar, I was thinking of strumming the same rhythm but using a couple of open chords, maybe A and D. Ran out of ideas at that point rolleyes.gif As I said, I had no plans to do this, it just came to me while I was working, I wasn't even thinking about anything in particular

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 15 2020, 05:41 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2020, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!! This is really nice! The lyrics are very deep my friend, it made me think on this David Bowie's quote:

Attached Image

I can help you to give some shape to this track if you want. What do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2020, 03:10 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm glad you like it, it pretty much just came into my head like that, just a tiny bit of editing to get it to fit, it was a strange experience.

It would be nice to develop it but who could sing it? I'm trying to work it in my head with a blues vibe, I hadn't realised how deep the words were until you said and the Achy Breaky Heart tune is too upbeat for it now, so I've been trying to "headsing" it in Robert Johnson style or slow SRV, E minor would be great for it I think unsure.gif

I didn't plan on taking it any further as I ran out of ideas completely, maybe that's what happens when you get an idea so quickly and you haven't been thinking about it or trying to come up with something but we could see what could be done with it.

I can't sing for toffee though laugh.gif

Maybe it could be a collab, or would that get too messy?

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 15 2020, 05:44 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2020, 07:38 PM
Instructor
Let's search for some song references and I can share a drum loop here so we can start with the groove for the song. Then you can try some rhythm guitars, and bass. The lead melody can be done with lead guitar at first, and then we can search for a singer.

Let's try this as an experiment, what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2020, 08:53 PM
That's a great idea Gab, as long as it doesn't impose on my main work too much wink.gif

I've just been trying out the 7#9 chord without using the 1st and 6th strings, I was trying to pick the notes at first but couldn't get anything, then I tried gently strumming but couldn't come up with anything.

Then I went back to the achey breaky thing and came up with this for the melody.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/melody-idea

I'd really like to work it along the lines of this (you may remember it) but I'd also like to do an Achey Breaky Version too rolleyes.gif
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/em-jam-ii

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2020, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Nice! We can experiment with both grooves and see which one works better. I've prepared a drum loop similar to the achey breaky thing so you can play the chords and the melody over it. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Attached File  Phil_Main_Groove.mp3 ( 1.56MB ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2020, 08:34 PM
Thanks for sorting that groove Gab,

I'll see what happens, as soon as I heard that drum groove, my head went to this tune, I know it's not the same but it took me there for some reason, let's hope my head doesn't try to do a Tatler instead of a Cyrus laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/UrmRKTHx17U

My strumming isn't very good to be honest, 4/4 on the beat is okay but nothing more. when I see strumming technique like this, mine is just like a rusty robot in comparison.

https://youtu.be/c2e6OOgmz9E

Had a busy evening sorting out my insurance claim for my incident in my car last week so I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:
Today, (day after the post above) I got a chorus. I'll post the melody for it that I've got in my head this evening. Slightly different to the verses and based on your experience, maybe a key change?

Days just disappear and turn into a year
Suddenly it’s time to say goodbye,
Enjoy each other and the time you have now
Till the day comes when you’re gonna have to cry

When I'm singing the chorus in my head and tapping my foot, the "En" of "Enjoy" happens when my foot is in the air on the offbeat. Any idea why? To me, it's just how it happens. I also can't make my mind up about the "when" in the last line of the chorus, in or out?

I was thinking the final chorus could have that classic repeat of full chorus and then the last line of chorus repeated and repeated a third time slowly holding the last "cry", cheesy I know, but in the achey breaky version it may work wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 17 2020, 08:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2020, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Nice to see you making this one grow!! I like the ideas. I can see that the chorus is really sad. I'm not thinking that maybe this should be more like a Radiohead type ballad, but let's see where the achy reference takes us. After all, we are just playing/experimenting here. There is no hurry or risk.

The next thing would be to play some rhythm guitars over the drums... what do you think?

PS: That Mary N vid is really inspiring!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

124 Pages V  « < 119 120 121 122 123 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2020 - 01:09 AM