New Guy
JimmyV
Jan 18 2007, 01:01 AM
GMC:er
Hello Everyone
I am Jimmy from Monmouth, Illinois. I am 20 years old and have been playing guitar since I was 18. I had a teacher for the first 3 months and have been self-taught ever since. Lately I have hit a plateau because there is so much I want to learn and I don't know where to start. I am hoping this site will help me improve because I feel like I improved exponentially at first and now I haven't improved in probably close to 8-12 months. I play a Fender Fat Strat through a cheap fender 15G. I also have an acoustic-electric Alvarez FD60. I am looking into getting some effects pedals and I am trying to decide whether to buy individual pedals or to get something like the PodXT Live. Any thoughts? I am really excited to be here and to see myself be motivated to practice and learn the guitar again.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 18 2007, 01:13 AM
QUOTE (JimmyV @ Jan 18 2007, 01:01 AM) *
Hello Everyone
I am Jimmy from Monmouth, Illinois. I am 20 years old and have been playing guitar since I was 18. I had a teacher for the first 3 months and have been self-taught ever since. Lately I have hit a plateau because there is so much I want to learn and I don't know where to start. I am hoping this site will help me improve because I feel like I improved exponentially at first and now I haven't improved in probably close to 8-12 months. I play a Fender Fat Strat through a cheap fender 15G. I also have an acoustic-electric Alvarez FD60. I am looking into getting some effects pedals and I am trying to decide whether to buy individual pedals or to get something like the PodXT Live. Any thoughts? I am really excited to be here and to see myself be motivated to practice and learn the guitar again.

I know where you come from mate. Sort of in the same situation (more or less) and i can say you've come to the right place. This place has motivated me to start playin' alot and it's a crapload of fun. And I bet some day I'll be able to play decently too.

So a big welcome biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jan 19 2007, 08:49 AM
GMC:er
welcome, just to let you know the pod xt live is like a tone machine. Its great definitly check it out. I would buy a multi effects pedal because u got all your tones in one big pedal, u can get more tones out of it, and u dont have to carry a crapload of little effect pedals. anyways good luck here at the gmc

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:16 AM