Guitar Rig Mobile And Acid Pro 6 Problem, can't load guitar rig into acid
PaulVora
Oct 21 2009, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
How do I record from guitar rig into acid pro 6.0?...
a friend of mine said i was suppsed to open acid pro first and then open guitar rig as a plugin vst..is this true?
but when i try to set the path in the preferences of acid, it doesnt recognize any guitar rig dll in the folder.

this link shows a picture of the dll file in my folder...
http://i34.tinypic.com/favukh.jpg

and this next link shows a picture of me hitting refresh and i want acid to recognize the vst's in that folder...but it wont show up
http://i38.tinypic.com/w7mts1.jpg

i wish it would recognize the DLL file because then i would be able to select Guitar rig as an effect in the track in acid ..
am i wrong?

I used to do it the other way which was to open guitar rig first and start playing and i can record it and hear distortion in acid pro..but when i play it back all i hear is a clean guitar sound and only coming out of the left speaker...what am i doing wrong any help would be greatly appreciated...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 21 2009, 12:56 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Have you tried searching under the VST effects tab instead of the VST instruents tab?

edit: I see this is your first post, welcome smile.gif hope we can figure this out for you

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Oct 21 2009, 12:58 AM

+Quote Post
PaulVora
Oct 21 2009, 01:06 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Oct 20 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Have you tried searching under the VST effects tab instead of the VST instruents tab?

edit: I see this is your first post, welcome smile.gif hope we can figure this out for you

yes i tried that as well.. but had the same result.. of no listing of any effects..

here's a picture
http://i34.tinypic.com/t011lj.jpg

i hope there is a way.
:/

thank you yes this was my first post glad to be here.. thank you

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 21 2009, 11:28 AM
Instructor
Hmm, as far as I can see default VST Folder is now set to Program Files\VST Plugins. If the Guitar Rig .dll file is not there, it will not see it. Try this:

- find the .dll file via windows explorer (should be somewhere in the program files\native instruments\guitar rig)
- click browse next to "Alternate VST seach folder"
- go to program files\native instruments\guitar rig and select the folder that contains .dll
- click OK and restart ACID

let me know if it worked

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
PaulVora
Oct 21 2009, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 21 2009, 06:28 AM) *
Hmm, as far as I can see default VST Folder is now set to Program Files\VST Plugins. If the Guitar Rig .dll file is not there, it will not see it. Try this:

- find the .dll file via windows explorer (should be somewhere in the program files\native instruments\guitar rig)
- click browse next to "Alternate VST seach folder"
- go to program files\native instruments\guitar rig and select the folder that contains .dll
- click OK and restart ACID

let me know if it worked

I did what you said.. but it still doesnt work.. i only have one guitar rig4.dll file and it is in Program files/VST plugins.
That is where the search path look into.. it just doesnt read it for some reason... does anyone know any other DAW that will let me use guitar rig?
I am running out of options
thank you

This post has been edited by PaulVora: Oct 21 2009, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 21 2009, 11:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (PaulVora @ Oct 22 2009, 12:32 AM) *
I did what you said.. but it still doesnt work.. i only have one guitar rig4.dll file and it is in Program files/VST plugins.
That is where the search path look into.. it just doesnt read it for some reason... does anyone know any other DAW that will let me use guitar rig?
I am running out of options
thank you

Try just to copy the .dll file from the VST plugins folder to the plugins folder for ACID, it might work (even that I don't use ACID for this....)

I think Steinberg is still offering a LE version of Cubase 4 for free, if You register with them... check their site.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:08 AM