Any Pinball Fans Out There?
Bogdan Radovic
May 25 2011, 11:28 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I was wondering if any of you like playing pinball machines? I mean real ones found in arcades?
There are nowadays very hard to find on locations a it's really sad how video games killed them...
When I remember back in the days - I loved playing pinball and they were on height of their popularity.
I can only imagine how it was in America at that time smile.gif

Anyway - as I always wanted one and they are getting hard to find here, I recently bought my first machine biggrin.gif

It's a Williams Earthshaker from 1989. designed by Pat Lawor (one of best designers in pinball - he designed the Addams Family machine too).
Machine was not in best shape but step by step I got it in full working condition. It has a first shaker motor in the history of pinball which rattles the whole machine like crazy. It's actually really addictive to fiddle around the electronics and to learn how to fix switches etc etc...

This is how it looks (picture from internet) :

I'll make some gamplay videos soon.

What pinball games did you play back in the days ?
Which ones are your favorite?
How hard is to find pinball machines on locations in your country these days?

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
May 25 2011, 11:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm not a big fan of it, but sometimes I play pinball. Here, in Riga it is not so hard to find pinball machines. There are few machines in the game room near my home, also you can find it in shopping centers sometimes. I played one a month ago in a cafe smile.gif I'm not really good at this but my friend plays like a professional biggrin.gif I played this one

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by K1R: May 25 2011, 11:52 PM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 25 2011, 11:58 PM
QUOTE (K1R @ May 26 2011, 12:49 AM) *
I'm not a big fan of it, but sometimes I play pinball. Here, in Riga it is not so hard to find pinball machines. There are few machines in the game room near my home, also you can find it in shopping centers sometimes. I played one a month ago in a cafe smile.gif I'm not really good at this but my friend plays like a professional biggrin.gif I played this one

Hey man that is a cool pinball. It's made by Sega I think and it's a "rip-off" from Williams Whirlwind which is a sister machine of my Earthshaker! Both designed by Pat in disaster theme smile.gif

I actually found one Whirlwind here in decent condition but unfortunately I don't have room for another machine (which makes me sad it would be so cool to have both legendary pins heheh) smile.gif

here is the pic of Whirlwind :

Here in Belgrade there are only about 3-5 machines on locations... sad.gif

Ok - it's a bit disturbing how much I know about this hobby laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2011, 09:14 AM
Instructor
What an amazing topic!! I love pinballs! It would be a dream for me to have one or two of these at home! biggrin.gif My favourites:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 26 2011, 10:44 AM
Instructor
I always wanted a pinball machine as a kid !! I've only ever played 1 in real life, which was in a pub years ago smile.gif

+Quote Post
AdamB
May 26 2011, 03:37 PM
GMC:er
My dad has one - The Twighlight Zone, which is a Bally machine. We played it to death and got some ridiculous scores on it when I was a kid. He's still got it, but he's in the process of moving so he's thinking of getting rid of it sad.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 26 2011, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (AdamB @ May 26 2011, 04:37 PM) *
My dad has one - The Twighlight Zone, which is a Bally machine. We played it to death and got some ridiculous scores on it when I was a kid. He's still got it, but he's in the process of moving so he's thinking of getting rid of it sad.gif

Wow man that is the no. 1 rated pinball machine of all times! smile.gif
I never had a chance to play it sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 26 2011, 03:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love pinball machines, they're a lot of fun. Here in the US you find them mostly at older bars or at the arcades. I think there is a shop near where I live that still sells them. They're mostly in peoples homes nowadays.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2011, 04:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AdamB @ May 26 2011, 11:37 AM) *

Epic! I forgot about this one. Keep it if you can!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 26 2011, 10:54 PM
Instructor
Hey cool topic, I always enjoyed pinball machines, although I like arcade games too, they are awesome! smile.gif

One of my favorite arcade games biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:05 AM