2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your Favorite Cartoon Shows!
sammetal92
Jul 27 2013, 09:50 PM
GMC:er
I feel nostalgic nowadays, so I found a website which has old cartoon shows' episodes so I watch them whenever I'm free tongue.gif

I love the Flintstones, the Adams family, Tom and Jerry, Loony Tunes, The Jetsons, Courage the cowardly dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Dexter's laboratory and Johnny Bravo laugh.gif

They don't make cartoons these days as good dry.gif

What cartoon shows do you like the most and watched the most in your childhood? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 27 2013, 09:57 PM
Courage the cowardly dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Dex's Lab and Johnny Bravo...

oh man i used to watch those all the time biggrin.gif even though i didn't understand a word in english back then tongue.gif

i remember very well being scared as **** cuz of this tongue.gif

Another one i would like to add, i'v just re.watched it a couple of months ago, is Samurai Jack smile.gif

There's also this awesome movie from the late 90's, humm,97 i blv.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 27 2013, 10:01 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2013, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Nice topic! My favorites are: Pink Panther, Pitufos, He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Thundercats and The Simpsons. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 27 2013, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 27 2013, 08:57 PM) *
Courage the cowardly dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Dex's Lab and Johnny Bravo...

oh man i used to watch those all the time biggrin.gif even though i didn't understand a word in english back then tongue.gif

i remember very well being scared as **** cuz of this tongue.gif

Another one i would like to add, i'v just re.watched it a couple of months ago, is Samurai Jack smile.gif

There's also this awesome movie from the late 90's, humm,97 i blv.

Hahah! Scared me too at the time biggrin.gif Oh yeah! I totally forgot Samurai Jack, it was great, but it didn't run very long on TV sad.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Nice topic! My favorites are: Pink Panther, Pitufos, He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Thundercats and The Simpsons. smile.gif

Pink panther and the simpsons! How could I forget those biggrin.gif laugh.gif Man I watched a lot of cartoons hahah

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 27 2013, 10:11 PM
Growing up was: Gummi Bears, Tales Spin, Aladdin, Ghostbusters, TMNT, The Simpsons.

Today, 20 years later: Bob's Burger, Archer, Adventure Time, The Regular Show, and pretty much everything off of Adult Swim minus Robot Chicken.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 27 2013, 10:14 PM
I watched a lot of TMNT growing up, the old ones were the best smile.gif the new ones weren't that special sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 27 2013, 10:49 PM
I really liked samurai jack smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 27 2013, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 27 2013, 09:49 PM) *
I really liked samurai jack smile.gif

I know, right? It would've been awesomer if they ran it for longer biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 27 2013, 11:37 PM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:29 PM) *
I know, right? It would've been awesomer if they ran it for longer biggrin.gif

totally smile.gif what I liked most was how its used "silence", I think 1-2 episodes didn't have any music or speech at all only fx which to me is very artistic smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 28 2013, 12:06 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I feel very nostalgic towards Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the 80s. I love the animation style, drawing and also music and complete atmosphere. It was really awesome.

I also watched a lot of Cartoon Network - shows like Dexters Laborotory, Johnny Bravo and Cow and Chicken smile.gif
Still love watching cartoons I must admin! biggrin.gif

Does anyone have a feeling that cartoons are not what they used to be? I have a feeling that animation (art) went backwards towards very "rough" kind of drawings and some really crazy scenarios and cartoons.... Stuff I see nowadays on TV just don't have very artistic drawings, missing a lot details in the scenes - overall feeling is that everything is simplified to max.

Maybe it is because of computers and trying to cut the time needed to animate a cartoon? Mass production etc....?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 28 2013, 01:25 AM
I agree with you Bogdan, there are talented artists today but they just don't take the time to draw each scene separately. They only draw a rough outline, and sometimes take that onto a software like adobe illustrator and just make outlines, fill in colors and animate them. I've seen them work, its done in a matter of hours, while it took months for artists to make episodes before computers came in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 28 2013, 06:58 AM
Learning Roadie
A favourite one as a kid was Dogtanian and the three Muskehounds. Not sure if it made its way over to the US

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 28 2013, 07:55 AM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 28 2013, 05:58 AM) *
A favourite one as a kid was Dogtanian and the three Muskehounds. Not sure if it made its way over to the US

Nope, never seen that one, but it definitely looks interesting! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jul 28 2013, 11:00 AM
Theory Instructor
Bugs Bunny all the way! Though I am a big fan of Family Guy as well.

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 28 2013, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 28 2013, 06:58 AM) *

oh man oh man biggrin.gif i love that one.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 28 2013, 02:56 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 28 2013, 02:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
older stuff... scooby doo, the 'mystery incorporated' series in particular, I think that was the best era of scooby.
newer stuff, family guy, american dad and probably futurama.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2013, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Nobody here likes Southpark? biggrin.gif A bit sicko sometimes but, the fun factor is HUGE biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 28 2013, 04:45 PM
Everyone here has awesome taste, and woah I never thought I watched this many cartoons laugh.gif I've watched almost all of the ones named here tongue.gif

Southpark is epic laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 28 2013, 05:32 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I was glued to Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid. Some of my favs. were The Smurfs, The A-Team, Fat Albert, Garfield, and Scooby-Doo.

During the week was Transformers, He-Man, and Woody Woodpecker. Also watched G.I. Joe everyday but would get annoyed that no one was ever shot through the mass amount of laser fire. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Still watch cartoons when I get the chance. My favorite is the Regular show!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2013, 05:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 27 2013, 06:09 PM) *
Hahah! Scared me too at the time biggrin.gif Oh yeah! I totally forgot Samurai Jack, it was great, but it didn't run very long on TV sad.gif

Pink panther and the simpsons! How could I forget those biggrin.gif laugh.gif Man I watched a lot of cartoons hahah

hahah Pink Panther is so amazing! I miss that cartoon.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:11 PM