> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Opetholic's Sweeping Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2015, 06:52 PM
Instructor
H mate! I started this thread to have a place where I share lessons and tips to help you master some advanced techniques like Sweep Picking and Tapping.

During this first week, I will suggest you working on technical lessons that help you to get used to the technique. It would be important to see your progress to be sure that you are doing the movements right. So please record yourself in 3 days and use a camera view that lets me see clearly both hands.

This is the suggested lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rove-sweep-now/

You can off course continue practicing the musical lessons that you've been learning but dedicate at least 30 minutes every day to these exercises.

PS: You can also check and practice some of this exercises: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...conomy-Picking/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 21 2015, 11:55 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for creating this thread for me. I am very excited about learning the advanced techniques from you! My goal is to be able to incorporate these techniques in my improvisations or collaboration takes comfortably.

During the weekends I have more time to practice so yesterday and today I practiced the lesson a lot. I am comfortable with the original tempo so I recorded my first take at full speed. Here it is

This is in general how my videos will look and sound like in these posts. Let me know if you would like me to adjust anything.
Looking forward to your feedback smile.gif
Mert

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2015, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, great job!

This is very promising. I'd like to give you 3 extra days of practice (I assume that you have less time during the week) to keep on playing this one in order to make the sweeps sound smoother. The technique and movements look good but the sound of the overall isn't smooth yet. Try to make the overall thing sound tighter and the notes better articulated (not sounding like staccato).

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 24 2015, 09:18 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the feedback! I practiced more for this lesson. Here is my second take. Is it smoother and less staccato?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2015, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Yes! This is much better.

The idea is that you keep this exercises on your diary routine, and remember to make the right hand movements up and down as a unique smooth movements, it is literally a sweep. Sometimes it seems that you pick each string stopping a bit the sweep flow.

It's time to start with this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 25 2015, 08:48 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the message. Indeed as you say sometimes my sweeping flow stops a bit. This is because of the resistance on my pick due to the strings, I am not sure if it makes sense to you. Sometimes I feel like my pick is stuck on the string.. I guess I have to practice at slow tempo with a lot of patience..

I looked at the new lesson. It is hard for me at the highest tempo so I started practicing at 100 bpm. I will record something this weekend at that speed. Then we can increase depending on your feedback smile.gif

Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2015, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Sure, we don't need to focus on tempo now, play the lesson and share your ideas here at slower tempos. Speed appears magically when practicing sweep picking. Repeat, repeat, repeat, and suddenly our mind makes a click...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 28 2015, 06:51 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Gabriel,

I have been practicing the two lessons every day. Here is my first take of the second lesson at 100 bpm

Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2015, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Mert! Great job with this! It obviously needs more days of practice to feel comfortable, to make it sound smooth and also to avoid the unwanted noises that appear on the bigger sweeps but this is on the right track.

Please continue practicing those lessons and start very slowly with the first parts of this lesson based on 2 strings sweeps:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...msteen-lesson3/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:25 AM