2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Band Logo Design
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 16 2008, 02:08 PM
GMC:er
Hey all. There are some incredible designers here and I wondered if somebody could create me a logo for my band as I'm useless. We are called Voice of the Soul and would like a beautiful band logo to put on our flyers. If anybody would be willing to help me out I will pay you some cash smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 16 2008, 04:42 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
What kind of music do you play? smile.gif

I could give it a shot, but I need a few days, as today and tomorrow I'm pretty busy..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 16 2008, 07:23 PM
We mix soft rock with heavy metal a lot of the time. So something like the Opeth logo in style. Elegant and flowing but with a hint of darkness. I'd love a load of kind of mirage faces kind of like a masquerade ball also. I want it to be foreboding and malevolent whilst being calming and reassuring. If you understand what I mean. You don't have to do it right away lol as I know you're a busy guy. But if you could help me out then that would be awesome smile.gif

If you can capture that then I'd pay you a good sum and buy you a packet of delicious cookies biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 16 2008, 07:53 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 16 2008, 08:23 PM) *
We mix soft rock with heavy metal a lot of the time. So something like the Opeth logo in style. Elegant and flowing but with a hint of darkness. I'd love a load of kind of mirage faces kind of like a masquerade ball also. I want it to be foreboding and malevolent whilst being calming and reassuring. If you understand what I mean. You don't have to do it right away lol as I know you're a busy guy. But if you could help me out then that would be awesome smile.gif

If you can capture that then I'd pay you a good sum and buy you a packet of delicious cookies biggrin.gif

That sounds good, nice idea of a logo as well smile.gif

Hehehe, I'll do my best (I love cookies wub.gif)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 16 2008, 09:45 PM
Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 17 2008, 01:49 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I'd do it, but I'm just doing small projects for mine, when my exams are over, I'll work on mhy, if audiopaal is to busy, I'll steel his cookies laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jun 17 2008, 03:24 AM
Nice band name, Rest well Chuck. Unfortunately, I'm no good with photoshop and stuff, so I can't help.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 17 2008, 07:11 AM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jun 17 2008, 02:49 AM) *
I'd do it, but I'm just doing small projects for mine, when my exams are over, I'll work on mhy, if audiopaal is to busy, I'll steel his cookies laugh.gif

Don't you dare steal my cookies biggrin.gif

That might awaken the cookiemonster within me and go on a GMC-rage laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 17 2008, 12:29 PM
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Jun 17 2008, 03:24 AM) *
Nice band name, Rest well Chuck. Unfortunately, I'm no good with photoshop and stuff, so I can't help.

Yeah. Of course I called it that because of the song smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Jun 17 2008, 01:18 PM
Oooo, now that youve added cookies I really wish I was good at photoshop. but sadly I'm not. I made a sideways lightning logo through microsoft paint once though. tongue.gif It was a street sign that had a person getting struck. A stick figure person, of course. smile.gif

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 18 2008, 09:26 PM
Attached Image

This is the first sketch, more will come tomorrow or friday, as I've doodled down some on a piece of paper and I need to create it in Illustrator smile.gif

I kinda like this one a bit, but I don't know if it's even close to what you're after so it would be nice with some feedback on what you like, don't like etc. smile.gif It's a bit rough as I didn't want to spend a lot of time making it perfect if it's not in style you want.. But still good enough to create an opinion about the design smile.gif

edit: I edited the first sketch a bit as well, looks a little different now but better maybe?

Attached Image

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jun 18 2008, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 18 2008, 09:35 PM
Wow, that's really good audiopaal! Nice work. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 18 2008, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Jun 18 2008, 10:35 PM) *
Wow, that's really good audiopaal! Nice work. biggrin.gif

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jun 18 2008, 09:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
How did you make it? (drawing, programs, etc?) smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 18 2008, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jun 18 2008, 10:44 PM) *
How did you make it? (drawing, programs, etc?) smile.gif

First some sketches by hand and then I use Adobe Illustrator to make it a vector file (high resolution, scalable image file) smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Jun 18 2008, 10:00 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 19 2008, 08:17 AM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 18 2008, 09:26 PM) *
Attached Image

This is the first sketch, more will come tomorrow or friday, as I've doodled down some on a piece of paper and I need to create it in Illustrator smile.gif

I kinda like this one a bit, but I don't know if it's even close to what you're after so it would be nice with some feedback on what you like, don't like etc. smile.gif It's a bit rough as I didn't want to spend a lot of time making it perfect if it's not in style you want.. But still good enough to create an opinion about the design smile.gif

edit: I edited the first sketch a bit as well, looks a little different now but better maybe?

Attached Image

That is some cool work man. I like a few things from both but I'd say the top one with the capital starting letters is more my thing. Although something about the lower case characters grabs my attention also. I really like the style and you've captured it very well. I love the swirling elegance and the smudging and almost paint blasting effect which shows the imperfection and bleak side a bit more. I love the l at the end of soul. That is beautiful. I don't know what else to add to be honest. I'm a bit useless with ideas. I would say the top idea you sent is about 85% of what I wanted. There is just 15% to find but I'm not sure where as that is very professional. Maybe a few masquerade masks hanging off a few letters with maybe blood on them and the only colour in the picture but to be honest I think that may ruin it. I love it as it is though. If you can think of anything to add to bring it to nearer 100% content then that would be incredible.

I am actually pleased with the very first effort and that is great smile.gif

So maybe a little more and I'll be fully happy smile.gif

I hope you aren't annoyed. I really love the design biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 19 2008, 08:53 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 19 2008, 09:17 AM) *
That is some cool work man. I like a few things from both but I'd say the top one with the capital starting letters is more my thing. Although something about the lower case characters grabs my attention also. I really like the style and you've captured it very well. I love the swirling elegance and the smudging and almost paint blasting effect which shows the imperfection and bleak side a bit more. I love the l at the end of soul. That is beautiful. I don't know what else to add to be honest. I'm a bit useless with ideas. I would say the top idea you sent is about 85% of what I wanted. There is just 15% to find but I'm not sure where as that is very professional. Maybe a few masquerade masks hanging off a few letters with maybe blood on them and the only colour in the picture but to be honest I think that may ruin it. I love it as it is though. If you can think of anything to add to bring it to nearer 100% content then that would be incredible.

I am actually pleased with the very first effort and that is great smile.gif

So maybe a little more and I'll be fully happy smile.gif

I hope you aren't annoyed. I really love the design biggrin.gif

Thanks, glad you like it smile.gif
Yeah I thought the idea of mixing elegant swirls with "blood-like" spatter to break it up a bit would turn out nice for your logo, so I'm glad you liked it as well smile.gif But I'll work on it, and try to make it better, there is some room for improvement so hopefully I'll post an even better logo soon! I'll try the masquerade masks though, could be cool..

I'm far from annoyed laugh.gif I love constructive critisism as it's the only thing that helps you get better smile.gif

Thanks, I'm really glad you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 19 2008, 09:06 AM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 19 2008, 08:53 AM) *
Thanks, glad you like it smile.gif
Yeah I thought the idea of mixing elegant swirls with "blood-like" spatter to break it up a bit would turn out nice for your logo, so I'm glad you liked it as well smile.gif But I'll work on it, and try to make it better, there is some room for improvement so hopefully I'll post an even better logo soon! I'll try the masquerade masks though, could be cool..

I'm far from annoyed laugh.gif I love constructive critisism as it's the only thing that helps you get better smile.gif

Thanks, I'm really glad you like it smile.gif

Basically as it is I'd quite happily pay for and use it but if you can get that bit more than I'd be dancing down the street sticking fingers up at people saying my logo is better than your logo even if you're just selling eggs at 6 for a pound biggrin.gif

I think I have lost my mind smile.gif

So please stick round this idea unless you have a few other rough sketches to upload that may blow me away even more smile.gif Otherwise this idea is on the way to perfection smile.gif You definitely have graphic designing talent smile.gif

I can't stop looking at the design lol with a big grin on my face so I must like it. Unless I really have lost the plot smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 19 2008, 09:16 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 19 2008, 10:06 AM) *
Basically as it is I'd quite happily pay for and use it but if you can get that bit more than I'd be dancing down the street sticking fingers up at people saying my logo is better than your logo even if you're just selling eggs at 6 for a pound biggrin.gif

I think I have lost my mind smile.gif

So please stick round this idea unless you have a few other rough sketches to upload that may blow me away even more smile.gif Otherwise this idea is on the way to perfection smile.gif You definitely have graphic designing talent smile.gif

I can't stop looking at the design lol with a big grin on my face so I must like it. Unless I really have lost the plot smile.gif

I'll make sure to make it a tad better, just you wait wink.gif
Haha, that would have been awesome to watch (you running around sticking fingers up at people saying yours logo is better than theirs) laugh.gif

I'll stick top this idea unless I magically comes up with something I think might turn out even better..

That's great, glad you like it OC smile.gif

Thanks, appreciate it mate! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 19 2008, 08:38 PM
Experienced Rock Star
damn you audiopaal...Thanks for making me motivate to work during the summer to regain my power back...I will get those cookies laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:27 AM