David Gilmour Live In Gdansk, for serious Gilmour junkies only
jdriver
Sep 30 2008, 10:22 PM
GMC:er
The new special edition Box Set of Gilmour Live in Gdansk is out in the US at Best Buy exclusively. ($70) Europe and elsewhere see Gilmour's website for where to get it in your country.

This box includes 3 music CDs, 2 DVDs including the full concert, bonus tracks and footage, three jam session videos, and a packet containing picture cards, a ticket from the concert (in Polish!), laminated backstage pass, and one of Gilmour's signature guitar picks (small and stiff, I think made by Fender).

Truly an orgy of Gilmour/Floyd material. Perfect for diehard fans like me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 30 2008, 10:25 PM
Instructor
that must be a great pack. I love everything David plays.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
chmilew
Sep 30 2008, 10:31 PM
David is a God.

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Sep 30 2008, 10:38 PM
Learning Tone Master
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pink floyd, beyond all doubt my favourite band and favourite guitarist. They're on a pedestal that other bands will simply not touch to me.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I can't help but question why someone would want some things that come in collectors edition stuff. Especially with things like back stage passes or photo's included in these things, because, unless I wasn't actually there, it wouldn't have any meaning to me... If you know what I mean? Obviously this is just my opinion and not trying to say that anyone who would like such a collection shouldn't.

I do cherish my Live8 ticket, because I was there and got to see them smile.gif

But to have a pass that came from a collectors edition it would just make me remember I wasn't actually there!

Great show though, was particualy sad watching it the other night on the BBC after Richard's death.

Did anyone see the documentary on the band that night on BBC? It was "David Gilmour night" in the UK on BBC4 and I've taped the documentary as my dad mentioned it was the best he'd ever seen, and as a an even bigger floyd fan, I have to watch it smile.gif He got to see the Wall and Animals live... Ahh to be born 30 years earlier than I was...

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 1 2008, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Sep 30 2008, 02:38 PM) *
Buuuuuuuuuuuut I can't help but question why someone would want some things that come in collectors edition stuff. Especially with things like back stage passes or photo's included in these things, because, unless I wasn't actually there, it wouldn't have any meaning to me... If you know what I mean? Obviously this is just my opinion and not trying to say that anyone who would like such a collection shouldn't.

Great show though, was particualy sad watching it the other night on the BBC after Richard's death.

Did anyone see the documentary on the band that night on BBC? It was "David Gilmour night" in the UK on BBC4 and I've taped the documentary as my dad mentioned it was the best he'd ever seen, and as a an even bigger floyd fan, I have to watch it smile.gif He got to see the Wall and Animals live... Ahh to be born 30 years earlier than I was...

I agree, the ticket and backstage pass are silly, but I do appreciate the guitar pick, just to have it. It's inscribed with his name and "logo." Also, I don't know if all the picture cards are the same in every box, but mine came with a very sweet photo of Richard Wright at one of the sound checks.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 1 2008, 02:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'd take a pick too actually, that would be a bonus. If the photo's were randomly assorted that would be quite cool also. Such a shame about Richard, it's only now I really think about just how huge a part he played in the floyd sound, through out the years.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 1 2008, 07:47 AM
That would be me tongue.gif

More info on his blog, bottom post: http://blog.davidgilmour.com/
Or rather http://blog.davidgilmour.com/2008/09/easter-eggs.html

Or!
You can buy this and get the 3 disc set for free tongue.gif
http://www.fender.com/gilmour/

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Oct 1 2008, 07:53 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 1 2008, 07:05 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Sep 30 2008, 11:47 PM) *
That would be me tongue.gif

More info on his blog, bottom post: http://blog.davidgilmour.com/
Or rather http://blog.davidgilmour.com/2008/09/easter-eggs.html

Or!
You can buy this and get the 3 disc set for free tongue.gif
http://www.fender.com/gilmour/

Wow! Thanks for that info, I didn't know about that. I haven't had time to fully explore the set, it's a lot of material!

(YIKES! That signature Strat is $4000 and up. Ouch. For that price they should also bundle a Butler Tube Driver and a Demeter Compulator, which are also essential to his sound.)

This post has been edited by jdriver: Oct 1 2008, 07:44 PM

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 1 2008, 07:09 PM
Instructor
An amazing piece of live art,
R.I.P. Richard Wright...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 1 2008, 11:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jdriver @ Oct 1 2008, 07:05 PM) *
Wow! Thanks for that info, I didn't know about that. I haven't had time to fully explore the set, it's a lot of material!

(YIKES! That signature Strat is $4000 and up. Ouch. For that price they should also bundle a Butler Tube Driver and a Demeter Compulator, which are also essential to his sound.)

I have those two pedals smile.gif They are rather good biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 2 2008, 03:16 AM
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Oct 1 2008, 03:35 PM) *
I have those two pedals smile.gif They are rather good biggrin.gif

Do you have the tube driver with the optional 5th knob for bias adjustment, and if so, is it worth it?

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 2 2008, 12:12 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Damn, I only got the cheaper limited edition with 2 cd's and a dvd... it rules though smile.gif Well, Gilmour always does wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 2 2008, 01:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
I opted for the one without the bias, it was just a bit out of my price range. Plus I was convinced it would over complicate things for me trying to achieve sounds! It's so versatile in its basic form anyway, especially considering you can switch out the tubes to lower or higher gain ones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 2 2008, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (jdriver @ Oct 1 2008, 08:05 PM) *

Hehe. Yeah.
Actually, for that price I would expect Gilmour to come home to me and play whenever I wan't to tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 3 2008, 05:36 AM
Can anyone explain why he would be using a vintage tremolo as opposed to say, a Floyd Rose? I thought the vintage trem was hard to keep in tune, and he uses it a LOT.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 3 2008, 12:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Habit I guess - he's been playing strats since the 60s and probably saw no need to change ... he can probably afford to have the trem setup so it does what he needs - you can get them to work ok with some effort.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 3 2008, 05:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
He did actually fit a Kahler tremolo system on his infamous Black Strat in 1983, but must have disliked the feel of it as he swiftly took it out in '77. The inbetween years he wasn't actually using the Black strat, it was on display in a rock cafe in dalas. So he didn't really ever use it much I guess.

A fantastic site for all things Gilmour, is http://www.gilmourish.com

Its a fascinating site, full of in depth analysis of all his settings on each song on every album. Talks about the history of his guitars, effects, amps etc. It's worth a look!! Even has some great backing tracks smile.gif

Here's the link to the Black strat history - http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=66

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Oct 3 2008, 05:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:55 PM