Stop Dr. Uwe Boll, Petition to stop him
Fsgdjv
Apr 8 2008, 09:15 PM
GMC:er
Hello!

Are you tired of getting your favourite games raped by the horrible direcor Uwe Boll? I know I am, and even if you aren't I urge you to sign this petition. He has agreed to stop if this poetition gets 1 million signs. (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/06/uwe-boll-will-quit-making-movies-with-one-million-signatures/)

Here is the link: http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

I don't think I have to say anything else. This is for the greater good, anyone who signs this is making something good for the world.

EDIT: Games, not movies.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Apr 8 2008, 09:17 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Apr 8 2008, 09:18 PM
Signed! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2008, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Haha biggrin.gif
Boll is one of my heroes.. his movies are completely unwatchable and rubbish, but he's got a spirit not seen since Ed Wood.

I loved the fact that he challenged his critics to a boxing match, and followed up on his promise.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 8 2008, 11:22 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I recognise the name somehow... but who is this Mr. Boll? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2008, 11:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 9 2008, 12:22 AM) *
I recognise the name somehow... but who is this Mr. Boll? blink.gif

Mr. Boll is one of the most hated modern filmmaker.. he buys up the rights to videogames and turns them into terrible movies. Like Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Dungeon Siege.. and soon Farcry and more.
He has also recently made Postal, which he turn on the shock-factor and has a little fun with 9/11.

The most impressive thing is that he always comes up with millions of dollars for new projects.
He (jokingly) say in Postal that his movies are funded with nazi-gold biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Apr 8 2008, 11:41 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Apr 8 2008, 11:53 PM
Ok so I'm renting Alone in the Dark, which everyone seems to say is like the worst movie of all time. After I've watched it I might sing the petition.

After hearing all this talk around the internet about how bad it is I actually can't wait to see it! laugh.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 9 2008, 12:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Apr 9 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Ok so I'm renting Alone in the Dark, which everyone seems to say is like the worst movie of all time. After I've watched it I might sing the petition.

After hearing all this talk around the internet about how bad it is I actually can't wait to see it! laugh.gif

It's bad.. but it's not funny bad, it's just excrutiatingly boring bad..
And apparantly Uwe Boll believed that if he put a pair of glasses on Tara Reid, she would suddenly look smart enough to fit her charracter.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 9 2008, 12:55 AM
I've never heard of him but I'll look up some of his movies to see how bad they really are. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 9 2008, 02:34 AM
he threw out the original script for alone in the dark because "it didn't have enough car chases." ohmy.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 9 2008, 03:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Sign this thing everyone, Oh my god sign it, He continues to butcher us with movies based of games that were good, Never doing any of them justice.

He is a terrible film maker, He should never be allowed to spread his seed of movie injustice ever again!!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 9 2008, 06:41 AM
Haha, signed smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 9 2008, 10:15 AM
Is there a petition anywhere to have him severely beaten? dry.gif Coz I'll sign that too! I once knew a guy who really liked Boll's movies, but he use to bang his head off the wall spontaniously! biggrin.gif

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 9 2008, 10:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spreedmaster @ Apr 9 2008, 11:15 AM) *
Is there a petition anywhere to have him severely beaten? dry.gif Coz I'll sign that too! I once knew a guy who really liked Boll's movies, but he use to bang his head off the wall spontaniously! biggrin.gif

Boll arranges official boxing-matches against his critics.. if you mail him and ask for a fight, then i'm sure he will arrange it smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Apr 9 2008, 03:43 PM
i signed!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
erik
Apr 10 2008, 10:10 PM
I don't get it? Why do you have to stop him from making movies? If you don't like them, then just don't watch them..

I just saw the intro to Postal The Movie, it seemed pretty funny.

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Apr 10 2008, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (erik @ Apr 11 2008, 12:10 AM) *
I don't get it? Why do you have to stop him from making movies? If you don't like them, then just don't watch them..

I just saw the intro to Postal The Movie, it seemed pretty funny.

I guess it's just somehow depressing see some of your favourite games kinda "raped" on the big screen...

So I just watched Alone in the dark and... ummm... mmm... no.... I'll sing that petition too.
Alone in the dark series has been one of my favourite childhood "scares", I truly loved those games, but the movie didn't make any "honour" to the games.

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 11 2008, 07:31 AM
Yes, stop this foolish petition.

Uwe is pretty upset now
His response to the petition:

"Look, I'm not a fucking retard like Michael Bay or other people running around in the business or Eli Roth making the same shitty movies over and over again. If you really look at my movies you will see my real genius, and if you go on May 23 on Postal you will see that I deliver a movie what nobody else delivered in the last 10 years, what is way better as all that social critic George Clooney bull**** what you get every f****** weekend. You have to really wake up and you have to see me what I am. I am the only genius in the whole f****** business. Goodbye."

tongue.gif

Edited for language, The Uncreator

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 11 2008, 07:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Apr 11 2008, 08:31 AM) *

Uwe is pretty upset now

"Look, I'm not a fucking retard like Michael Bay or other people running around in the business or Eli Roth making the same shitty movies over and over again. If you really look at my movies you will see my real genius, and if you go on May 23 on Postal you will see that I deliver a movie what nobody else delivered in the last 10 years, what is way better as all that social critic George Clooney bullshit what you get every fucking weekend. You have to really wake up and you have to see me what I am. I am the only genius in the whole fucking business. Goodbye."

tongue.gif

Hahah biggrin.gif

Boll for PRESIDENT! I'm going to make a petition for that.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 11 2008, 07:51 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Apr 11 2008, 02:31 AM) *

Uwe is pretty upset now

"Look, I'm not a fucking retard like Michael Bay or other people running around in the business or Eli Roth making the same shitty movies over and over again. If you really look at my movies you will see my real genius, and if you go on May 23 on Postal you will see that I deliver a movie what nobody else delivered in the last 10 years, what is way better as all that social critic George Clooney bullshit what you get every fucking weekend. You have to really wake up and you have to see me what I am. I am the only genius in the whole fucking business. Goodbye."

tongue.gif

This is hilarious.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:38 AM