2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Religion In Music
ActiveX
Oct 29 2007, 04:10 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 28 2007, 12:23 PM) *
I think you should have a look at Stryper! It's a christian heavy metal band with shredding guitarist Oz Fox... if I remember his name well.

Another band that I grew up listening to! Oz Fox and Michael Sweet had some pretty sweet licks; both great guitarists. They are actually back together - Stryper in Concert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Oct 30 2007, 01:03 PM
I also forgot, one of my friend's favorite bands is Kutless, and there are plenty of hard rockish bands like them, too. There's Pillar, Skillet, and not sure about others at the moment. I am a Christian, but I honestly don't listen to Christian music very much... most of them, while I'm glad that they're praising God with their music, are simply not very good musicians, in my opinion...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Oct 30 2007, 01:24 PM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Oct 30 2007, 07:03 AM) *
I also forgot, one of my friend's favorite bands is Kutless, and there are plenty of hard rockish bands like them, too. There's Pillar, Skillet, and not sure about others at the moment. I am a Christian, but I honestly don't listen to Christian music very much... most of them, while I'm glad that they're praising God with their music, are simply not very good musicians, in my opinion...

Skillet, and Kutless, are very good bands IMO. I love how skillet uses the string instruments in there music. And that dudes voice, makes there music very aggressive IMO.

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 30 2007, 02:13 PM
There is also Believer. Their music is full of religious themes.

Here's a link where you can get more info. Click on the album links to find the lyrics.

Believer@metal-archives

This post has been edited by Vinicitur: Oct 30 2007, 02:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 1 2007, 09:34 PM
Learning Roadie
So hey guys,

Project is over now and we got 10 or 11 points of 15 smile.gif
Its a pretty good mark, so thanks for your help

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:03 AM