Between The Buried And Me
Toni Suominen
Aug 7 2008, 10:22 PM
Instructor
Another band that I'm getting more and more into lately, their newest album "Colors" is starting to really grow on me!

Great musicians, tight and complex riffs and diversity beyond anything. Very cool band indeed.

Here's some videos from youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV8Aoy8dH-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uREa-9o2ylE

What do you guys think about them? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 7 2008, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
the guitar is good but screaming is not my bag. They are good but could be better with less screaming. Idk, thats just me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Aug 8 2008, 01:46 AM
awesome. im almost afraid to get more of their stuff, as it might make the rest of my music collection look boring in comparison!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 8 2008, 02:00 AM
I like them from time to time. That kind of music bores me really easy.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Aug 8 2008, 02:07 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Aug 7 2008, 02:28 PM) *
the guitar is good but screaming is not my bag. They are good but could be better with less screaming. Idk, thats just me.

My friend showed this band to me... It was my thought exactly. The songs of theirs called "Medicine Wheel" was very, very good though...

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 8 2008, 09:48 AM
Instructor
Yeah, I totally get your point guys, a lot of people don't like screaming smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Aug 14 2008, 09:06 PM
I've been listening to a lot of BTBAM lately. I just recently got into them. I really like Ants of the Sky and White Walls.
By the way... how do you like your ESP EC-1000? I haven't been able to find one with the Semour Duncans like yours, only the EMGs. I like the EMG version, but wanted to try out one like yours before making any decisions...

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 14 2008, 09:36 PM
I like parts of the few songs I've heard. What I don't like about them is that they are a bit too much "-core" for me, both the guitars and the screams, what's wrong with good old proper death growls?

Anyways, they are great musicians, and some parts of their songs are amazing, and the rest I can't really get into since I really have trouble with core'ish music. Theyy've got my easily earned respect though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 14 2008, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bedlam @ Aug 14 2008, 09:06 PM) *
I've been listening to a lot of BTBAM lately. I just recently got into them. I really like Ants of the Sky and White Walls.
By the way... how do you like your ESP EC-1000? I haven't been able to find one with the Semour Duncans like yours, only the EMGs. I like the EMG version, but wanted to try out one like yours before making any decisions...

I really like my EC-1000, and yeah I prefer this version with the passive pickups rather than the one with the EMG's too. But hey, you can always change the pickups smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 14 2008, 10:52 PM
Im going to see Bodom next month and this band is a support act. I'll let you know how they are.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
superpanda
Aug 15 2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I dig the musicians in this band. The guitarist do some interesting things.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 15 2008, 02:37 AM
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Aug 14 2008, 05:52 PM) *
Im going to see Bodom next month and this band is a support act. I'll let you know how they are.

ME TOO biggrin.gif i dunno where im seeing them though, my friend bought tickets for us!

I really like Between the Buried and me, their album colours is fantastic. my favorite song is son of nothing smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Koopid
Aug 15 2008, 09:17 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bedlam @ Aug 14 2008, 10:06 PM) *

The Seymour Duncan fitted ESP EC1000's only (almost) come in the color Amber Sunburst (EC-1000 ASB). I think that color only comes with SD's too so look for that color smile.gif There are some variations like Eclipse II Vintage HoneyBurst (it has "worn" look). The Will Alder signature also come with Seymour Duncans.

I am thinking of getting me either an ESP with SD's too but I would like the Eclipse rather than the EC1000 but I am not too exited about getting a guitar that is worn before I even get it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Koopid: Aug 15 2008, 09:18 AM

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 15 2008, 01:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Enucleation @ Aug 14 2008, 10:52 PM) *

Cool, I would really appreciate the info. I've heard that they are awesome live, and that reminds that I think they are releasing a Live DVD soon. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 23 2008, 06:24 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Between The Buried And Me are a superb group of musicians, there isn't one person in that band that doesn't deserve the title of virtuoso. Colors is my favorite album by them, With Alaska as a close second.

If you havent heard the song "Selkies: The Endless Obsession", You must check it out

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 26 2008, 10:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 23 2008, 06:24 PM) *
Between The Buried And Me are a superb group of musicians, there isn't one person in that band that doesn't deserve the title of virtuoso. Colors is my favorite album by them, With Alaska as a close second.

If you havent heard the song "Selkies: The Endless Obsession", You must check it out

Colors is my favourite too, the last song "White Walls" is so gooood!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Guitarist16
Sep 13 2008, 04:44 AM
i love btbam they kick ass and are super funny!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 13 2008, 10:01 AM
I love BTBAM and have done for a long time. I really like their covers album also. Blackened, Cemetery Gates and Us and Them are great smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVhcQy1aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-KVS5YWLck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEBcAqjpitQ

They really do the solos in their own style. The Blackened solo kicks arse.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 13 2008, 10:09 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:19 PM