Best, Fav, Or Dream Axe And Amp Setup
Azzaboi
May 14 2011, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
What's your favourite guitar rig setup your've ever used?

What do you concerned to be the best or dream setup, if you had the cash?

I got a Les Paul Gibson Standard - Double Cut with 24 frets, Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom in the bridge and an Sh-1 59 in the neck. She's a beaut, plays nicely, and sounds smooth. A new Pod HD500 mutli-effects, sounds great, awesome blues/rock, etc, but needs more hi-gain (hopefully the next firmware patch with contain the hi-gain I'm after). Laney Hardcore HCM65R, good, loud, but can muck in it's own heavy american crush tone over the effects a bit.

I would love a Line 6 DT50 Amp to work well with the HD500 and get that tube sound with automatic tone adjustments (links up with the Pod automatically changing settings).

I love my axe, but would enjoy a shredder's axe more I believe, something faster and with a wammy bar, active pickups, maybe a Gibson Explorer, PRS 513, Ibanez RG550, or Ibanez RG 3550MZ! Replacing the pickups with those James Hetfield signature EMG JH would be awesome!

I have rather expensive taste... tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 15 2011, 12:17 AM
I really enjoy my rig now quite a bit.

Amp: Marshall 1960s 4x12 slant cab, with an Egnator Renegade 65w head.
Effects: I also use the Pod HD500
Guitars: Gibson LP Studio (Stock all the way around) , Gibson Explorer (Standard for now thinking the new EMG JH set for it) , Dean Dime-O-Flame (Kill switch, EMG 81/85)

Dream gear: I would love to replace my head with either a Mesa Triple Rectifier or a Stiletto. Guitar I don't know. I've eyeballed the Gibson Buckethead Sig , Schecter Loomis 7-string FR , Ibanez 7-string, Music Man JP with a piezo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 15 2011, 02:06 AM
Sweet, you got any good tones to share for the HD500? I just got it not so long ago. smile.gif

By the way - JamesT had shared some nices one here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=38784&hl=

What you perfer the Gibson Studio or Explorer or Dean Dime-O-Flame (havent actually seen that dean before) ?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 15 2011, 02:08 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 15 2011, 03:17 AM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ May 14 2011, 09:06 PM) *
Sweet, you got any good tones to share for the HD500? I just got it not so long ago. smile.gif

By the way - JamesT had shared some nices one here:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=38784&hl=

What you perfer the Gibson Studio or Explorer or Dean Dime-O-Flame (havent actually seen that dean before) ?

I had a nice hi-gain Zakk Wylde sound it was based off of Angel F-Ball/Treadplate, but its dead since I did the last update so I've been trying to get it close to it again. My main one is enter sandman from the Line 6 Custom Tone site, it does what I need for the most part till I finish some.

I love all my guitars. I even have the first guitar I was given still needs worked on a lot. But of the 3 listed I want to say the Explorer gets the backseat. I just love my LP the tones it gives and how it feels overall. The Dean Dime-O-Flame, pretty much a Dean ML with a floyd rose and a flame graphics on it. It's my goto when I need to wank out with some dive bombs and such.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
JamesT
May 15 2011, 06:21 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
My "go-to" guitar is the PRS custom 24 right now.
I've been lucky to have been able to own a lot of cool guitars so far. The PRS24 has the most versatility from big and fat humbuckers to split coil almost bell like tones. It's closer to sounding like a Les Paul than it is a Strat though.

I've been eying that Alex Leifson Signature Les Paul lately, though I probably won't get to go out and buy one any time soon as they are way expensive. I like the idea of improved ergonomics on a Les paul, more reachable upper frets, lighter (though they say that will effect the tone), and also the wiring configuration with coil splitting. Also, the whammy on a Les Paul would be cool even though it might look a little out of place on a Les Paul.

As for amps, I would love to have a big modern Marshall with 4-12's that just blew the doors off of my studio (a.k.a. spare bedroom) walls. It's just not practical though these days since I literally don't get out much and don't have a need to drive my parents or nowadays my wife and family nuts anymore. But there's nothing like having that kind of air moving capability. It's something that amp modelers can't do. I remember standing in front of my Peavy (it had 4-12s) and the back of my pants would vibrate. I could feel the percussive shock wave while chugging on chords. My ears don't miss those days, and neither does my back from hauling the thing around all over the place, but it sure was cool to have that kind of power.

The new Pod HD500 though is really working out nice. I think nowadays, I might consider getting a big power-amp, almost like a PA amp with big PA speakers and running the HD500 through it for live playing. It might be the best of both worlds cause I think about the only thing missing from even the high gain stuff in these new modelers is the air-moving, earth shaking bigness that you get from having a big cabinet and speakers.

Hey, if you guys have any high gain HD500 presets, please post them. I'd like to get into maybe doing some of the metal rhythm lessons here at GMC. The metal stuff is so right hand intensive, it would be good for my playing since that's where my biggest weakness are in the technical area. (aside from the millions of other areas where I need to improve. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 15 2011, 06:34 AM
High gain preset:

1) Update Pod HD Firmware to 1.3.1
2) Update POD HD500 Edit to new version which supports Firmware
3) Create new preset
4) Select Line 6 Elektrik as Amp
5) Save and Jam!

(best to keep things simple)

Caution: Extreme prolonged loud noise can make other things sound wimpy and quiet.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 15 2011, 06:36 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 15 2011, 11:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I really like my current setup (bass) and only thing I feel lacking is the amp. I'm using Nemesis (by Eden) 115 combo 250 watts of power.
I have a good bass (Fender American Deluxe Jazz) and bunch of cool pedals. I'm starting to be a fan of Markbass, I got the super booster pedal and it's very cool. I'm thinking of getting the Compressore pedal from them soon.

Now regarding amp, I would need a head + 1x15 + 4x10 setup.
Since I like the Eden tone, it would be a head like : Eden WT800 World Tour Bass Amp Head.
Also their cabs would be nice as they are very high quality and most important - light to carry around.

It would be called : "The drummer intimidating bass rig!" hahahah laugh.gif

Something like this :

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: May 15 2011, 11:26 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 16 2011, 02:10 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
In the absence of a personal custom guitar, either the ESP Nergal Signature (7 string version if it existed), or the Dean RC7. Amp wise, probably a giant rack full of Axe-Fx, giant versatile sound. If I needed a physical amp, probably an Engl Head with Mesa Boogie cabs.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 16 2011, 08:03 AM
@Uncreator - I quite like the Mesa Boogie tone on my Pod HD500, it's one of my favs!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 16 2011, 07:14 PM
Instructor

that could work biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:57 AM