Major Key Soloing
Bogdan Radovic
May 17 2011, 09:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out the today's lesson " Bon Jovi Style 4 : Ballad Solo " , you'll notice that the solo is in a major key.

Do you practice lead improvisation using the major scale? Or, do you rely on minor scales?

Here is a cool tip for practicing major scale improvisation :

Over jazz standard ii-V-I progression you can safely solo using only notes from the major scale of the key that the progression is in!

for example, over whole : Dm7-G7-Cmaj7 you can safely solo using only C major scale (and it's modes). Try it! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 18 2011, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Nice tip! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2011, 10:00 AM
Instructor
I generally don't use the major scale much as there's not many places it fits in the metal music I write.. but when I do mess around with it, it's an extremely satisfying scale to play in. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2011, 11:14 AM
Instructor
There's a lot of alternative metal out there using major scales not necessarily for soloing but in the metal context (as Ben said) people tend to stay in the "minor zone". The possibilities are endless biggrin.gif and exploring is a wonderful activity tongue.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 18 2011, 02:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
I used to stick with the minor scales all the time, but i started to use major scales lately.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:12 AM