> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Roots, Rock, Reggae Video Collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Oy fellow GMCrs smile.gif

this month, it's time to start grooving easily over a reggae influenced beat! Lay back, enjoy the sunshine and maybe put in a bit of sorrow while playing over this track. After all it's a combination between reggae grooves and the fiery rock chops you guys will come up with!

Chord progression: Am Em Gm Em

Scales: A Aeolian, A Minor Pentatonic, A Blues even a bit of A Dorian if you manage to emphasize it over the Am Em combo smile.gif as we discussed in the video chat sessions on modes, there can be found modal progressions within progressions. Such as this case here - Am Em can be a Dorian progression (A Dorian is derived from the G major scale)

Tempo: 75 BPM

Please submit your takes before May 20th 2012

Preferable material format:

Audio - wav. (one take with the backing track/ one take with the guitar only, no effects)
Movie - avi.

Try and develop melodies and themes with this one and let's see how many of you are into reggae and rock here!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Roots__rock__reggae_collab.mp3 ( 4.79MB ) Number of downloads: 254

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
norules
May 6 2012, 12:36 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2012, 08:16 PM) *
Oy fellow GMCrs smile.gif

this month, it's time to start grooving easily over a reggae influenced beat! Lay back, enjoy the sunshine and maybe put in a bit of sorrow while playing over this track. After all it's a combination between reggae grooves and the fiery rock chops you guys will come up with!

Chord progression: Am Em Gm Em

Scales: A Aeolian, A Minor Pentatonic, A Blues even a bit of A Dorian if you manage to emphasize it over the Am Em combo smile.gif as we discussed in the video chat sessions on modes, there can be found modal progressions within progressions. Such as this case here - Am Em can be a Dorian progression (A Dorian is derived from the G major scale)

Tempo: 75 BPM

Please submit your takes before May 20th 2012

Preferable material format:

Audio - wav. (one take with the backing track/ one take with the guitar only, no effects)
Movie - avi.

Try and develop melodies and themes with this one and let's see how many of you are into reggae and rock here!

Cosmin

im up for having ago at this. reggae / rock is my favourite genres. no effects? does that mean just clean guitar? id like to use my pedals for it...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 6 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
I'm doooooooooooown for this !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2012, 12:13 PM
Instructor
Awesome Ben! It's always an honor to be fighting side by side biggrin.gif

QUOTE (norules @ May 5 2012, 11:36 PM) *
im up for having ago at this. reggae / rock is my favourite genres. no effects? does that mean just clean guitar? id like to use my pedals for it...

If you want to use distortion in your take, you can send me the track with the distortion on, but no reverb, delay or other effects smile.gif I will take care of those, k? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 10:28 PM
Instructor
Here's a bit out of my take biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Cosmin_Roots_Draft.mp3 ( 238.75K ) Number of downloads: 160

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 15 2012, 10:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 14 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Here's a bit out of my take biggrin.gif

That's some sexaaay playing C ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2012, 10:10 AM
Instructor
Thank you B-man biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2012, 07:01 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! How are you faring with the takes? There are three days left until the takes should be sent smile.gif and I am looking forward to seeing what you got for me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 17 2012, 12:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey mate. smile.gif Here's my take smile.gif

http://www.4shared.com/rar/A1VGD0pY/Reggae_collab.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2012, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Thanks D-man biggrin.gif lots of nifty tricks in your bag I see tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Mates, tomorrow is the last day when I accepting takes on this one, so let's wee what you've got biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2012, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Alright guys! The entries are over and it seems it's me and Dinaga for this one smile.gif Let's make the next one count!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 23 2012, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Here's me recording my take for the collab tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 23 2012, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 23 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Here's me recording my take for the collab tongue.gif

That is a great solo ! smile.gif

I'm sorry I didn't get around to participating in this collab, it was such a cool backing !!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 07:09 AM
Instructor
Hey Ben, thanks man! 'No problemmo' as our Austrian friend would say biggrin.gif next time, next time!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 24 2012, 07:10 AM

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 24 2012, 02:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Cosmin, that was a BLASTIN take! The last run is simply an amazing mix of bending and legato! Very, very melodic and your solo makes mine look like a little girl xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 05:09 PM
Instructor
Thanks man, but I don't agree on the little girl part biggrin.gif I analyzed your take and your melodic sense is developing from one collab and recording to another wink.gif you are on a very ascending path my friend! Cheers to you!

+Quote Post
Dinaga
May 24 2012, 06:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great to hear that, Cos! Thanks a bunch, it means a lot. smile.gif Looking forward to the final mix. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ May 24 2012, 05:12 PM) *
Great to hear that, Cos! Thanks a bunch, it means a lot. smile.gif Looking forward to the final mix. smile.gif

It's almost done man tongue.gif It's great working with ya biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 25 2012, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 25 2012, 02:20 PM) *
It's almost done man tongue.gif It's great working with ya biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing this ! Will be just the right music for the sunny weather smile.gif

I'm also sure that the D-Man is gonna kick ass - he always does !

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 AM