How Many Of Our Younger Guitarists Have Attempted To Learn Eugene's Trick Bag?
PosterBoy
Jul 22 2014, 09:07 PM
Learning Roadie
The guitar duel piece by Steve Vai in the 80's film Crossroads

Being one of the older guys here who grew up in the 70's and 80's it was THE No 1 challenge

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 22 2014, 11:48 PM
GMC:er
I do have the tab.s somewhere, never got to work on it smile.gif not easy at all but doesn't seem impossible smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 25 2014, 07:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I always preferred 'The intimidation run' biggrin.gif

if there's a better way for a minion of satan to kick off a dual for souls..... then Ive not heard it smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 26 2014, 11:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Nice, I think I'll tab that one out for later

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2014, 06:08 PM
Instructor
I did it when I was around 15! My metal guitar teacher gave it as a part of the guitar plan so I learnt it and practiced it a lot! Then I was the movie. smile.gif It's a killer etude.

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 25 2014, 03:44 PM) *
I always preferred 'The intimidation run' biggrin.gif

if there's a better way for a minion of satan to kick off a dual for souls..... then Ive not heard it smile.gif

Nice one! I didn't remember this one, but I think that I will learn it this week. It is a fast passage that has some special stuff on it, Steve always finds a way to make his playing sound creative.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2014, 06:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 26 2014, 06:08 PM) *
Nice one! I didn't remember this one, but I think that I will learn it this week. It is a fast passage that has some special stuff on it, Steve always finds a way to make his playing sound creative.

here it is in the actual dual, Its really the first thing via plays when he gets a bit annoyed at Eugene.

if you learn it, you have to post up a video of it cool.gif it would be very cool to see.
I would love to learn it myself but it will take me more than a week..... maybe a week and 2 years mellow.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2014, 06:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 26 2014, 02:21 PM) *
here it is in the actual dual, Its really the first thing via plays when he gets a bit annoyed at Eugene.

if you learn it, you have to post up a video of it cool.gif it would be very cool to see.
I would love to learn it myself but it will take me more than a week..... maybe a week and 2 years mellow.gif

Cool idea! I haven't played it for many years (I'm 32 now) but I will re learn it a record a video. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:40 AM