Sunday Chat On Youtube! (finished)
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 20 2015, 06:03 PM
GMC Founder
Let's meet here today!

https://www.youtube.com/c/gmcguitar/live

(chat starting in ~5 minutes )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 20 2015, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Kris

it's not a good idea, too much people, not esasy to have a quality dial, i do not agree

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 20 2015, 08:23 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for this session - it was a lot of fun with a mix of GMCers and youtub:ers ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 20 2015, 08:28 PM) *
Hi Kris

it's not a good idea, too much people, not esasy to have a quality dial, i do not agree

Laurent

It's def a valid point! Though it is hard for me to motivate sitting two hours with 0-5 GMC:ers when there are many people out there who want to get taste of what we offer in the chats. It also seems to me that we cover so much more ground in the public chats, thanks to all the questions popping in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 20 2015, 08:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sorry I missed it this week Kris, I think it's a great gig, very enjoyable and a nice break from routine smile.gif Hopefully it will attract more people to GMC too. I'll drop a couple of shameless plugs in again next time if I can get there in time smile.gif wink.gif You took them and ran with some brilliant promotional talk last time smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 20 2015, 09:48 PM
Learning Roadie
It's def a valid point! Though it is hard for me to motivate sitting two hours with 0-5 GMC:ers when there are many people out there who want to get taste of what we offer in the chats. It also seems to me that we cover so much more ground in the public chats, thanks to all the questions popping in.

Hi Kris

And how many people can you handle at the same time ?

youtube is great ok, but it's the mess.

only my point of view, not the truth biggrin.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 20 2015, 10:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 20 2015, 09:49 PM) *
Sorry I missed it this week Kris, I think it's a great gig, very enjoyable and a nice break from routine smile.gif Hopefully it will attract more people to GMC too. I'll drop a couple of shameless plugs in again next time if I can get there in time smile.gif wink.gif You took them and ran with some brilliant promotional talk last time smile.gif

hehe yes that was brilliant team work indeed - thanks man! biggrin.gif I hope we can do it again!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 20 2015, 10:48 PM) *
Hi Kris

And how many people can you handle at the same time ?

youtube is great ok, but it's the mess.

only my point of view, not the truth biggrin.gif

Laurent

hehe I think maximum we have had is around ~35 users at the same time. It was not a problem though, people were surprisingly polite - maybe youtube/google has some super filters against spammers/trolls?!

I get the impression people really like it when there are many people - it's an awesome opportunity to connect with like-minded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 20 2015, 10:18 PM
GMC:er
I did visit a few times just to check what was going on smile.gif

For the crowd, I wouldn't say a mess but more like a bunch of people who doesn't have much idea on what guitar playing really is biggrin.gif

The bar is low yes but as I visit a few other forums too its like that everywhere, a reason why I find myself writing here much more than other places cause you guys ask "real" questions...question that come up as you work+progress not because you want the fantasy path to become a rock star smile.gif

Only 1 out of 100 will probably end up playing guitar his/her whole life and hopefully endup here when things get serious.

Kris seems to handle the crowd just fine, I bet he can handle even more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2015, 09:37 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 20 2015, 11:18 PM) *
For the crowd, I wouldn't say a mess but more like a bunch of people who doesn't have much idea on what guitar playing really is biggrin.gif

You are right - but that's ok. I guess that's how we all were in the beginning, and it's thanks to experienced players having understanding for our newbie questions we could make progress and start asking more specific questions.

It seems to me that in spite of [or should I say because of?] huge amount of free content available out there, people still have problems getting good answers for basic questions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 21 2015, 10:18 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 21 2015, 09:37 AM) *
You are right - but that's ok. I guess that's how we all were in the beginning, and it's thanks to experienced players having understanding for our newbie questions we could make progress and start asking more specific questions.

It seems to me that in spite of [or should I say because of?] huge amount of free content available out there, people still have problems getting good answers for basic questions.

i agree, free stuff is not always the right way to solve or learn , paying is somewhere a motivation, it's like girl meeting site, when you pay, you are most motivated about quality

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 21 2015, 10:18 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 21 2015, 08:37 AM) *

I will sound old now biggrin.gif but new generation doesn't do search engine smile.gif

They make a topic and if a few members agree on one answer among a few (note that they aren't any sort of experts either...I will claim no forum is dependale like here on web...) they trust and buy that. Its like they're in a shop and they blindly trust the sales guy biggrin.gif

Same goes for lesson content, they get 20 year old book reccomendations which are pirated through torrent or a youtube channel that starts teaching from scratch. There are many teachers that has huge local reputation cause of making such youtube channel (specially in their native language).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 21 2015, 10:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2015, 10:26 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 21 2015, 11:18 AM) *
I will sound old now biggrin.gif but new generation doesn't do search engine smile.gif

That's a generalisation I can't agree with. Though def true for some people.

I think the problem with the young generation that solely relies on Internet knowledge - is that it's very hard to know which sources to trust.

Should I follow the advice of the youtuber with most subscribers? Or the one who won the guitar contest? Or the one who studied at Berklee? Or the one who got to play with Steve Vai?

Things can get very confusing when several different reliable sources contradict each other.

And hey - perhaps there isn't one single truth...? etc etc

Those are the questions I like answering because I think especially young people easily get lost with all the good and free stuff out there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 21 2015, 10:59 AM
For a while now I noticed whatever I comment on even like on facebook, I get a similar recommendation on youtube.

I even suspect they use words written in messaging inside facebook to show up on youtube. Facebook on the other hand uses the liked channels and advertising reaches to the destined person easy. Same goes for surfing inside youtube.

Thats why atleast I can say they use the search engine less and less. Then its a question of following links or communicate with a person (or forum).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 27 2015, 05:45 PM
GMC Founder
And again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 3 2016, 05:54 PM
GMC Founder
We're live again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the chat Kris smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 3 2016, 08:47 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 3 2016, 09:43 PM) *
Thanks for the chat Kris smile.gif

Thanks for your rock solid attendance Phil! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 3 2016, 09:46 PM
You're welcome Kris, gotta keep the name out there wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2016, 06:05 PM
GMC Founder
Let's go!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2016, 06:55 PM
Thanks Kris,

Was great again smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2016, 09:07 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 10 2016, 06:55 PM) *
Thanks Kris,

Was great again smile.gif

Cheers man, great question about the hand/arm tension btw!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:27 AM