2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Kaz-box Goodness!, Kaz-Box fun with different groupies....errr groupings!!
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 03:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 9 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Okay after wasting two hours of my life I give up sad.gif I came up with a crappy sounding "lick" ( as I said bit earlier I don't certainly know what a lick is ). Than I tried to think of what notes I am playing, and had to write it in guitar pro. It resulted in a tragedy, and besides I had no quintuplets in it neither...

I just don't know exactly what am I playing at the beginning, so I can't tab it properly --> accommodate it to playing with the metronome. Maybe something will come to my mind although I am unsure of that...

I recorded it without the metronome, and uploaded with the faulty guitar pro file also... Well I haven't uploaded the guitar pro file as don't know why I have such message when I try: "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file".

[attachment=14280:pathetic.mp3]

Here is the screen save of the guitar pro file...
[attachment=14281:tab.JPG]

Don't sweat it Marek....I'll make an mp3 of how that lick should sound according to how you tabbed it and I'll go over it with you. You are here to learn so don't stress out if you are not as used to the different timings as some of us are. We have been playing a lot longer. We'll work on it and you'll be up to speed in no time. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 9 2009, 03:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Sorry for that moaning Monte and the rest of the team sad.gif The thing is I know what I want to play, but can't tab it. I mean the first part, when I:
1. put my fingers on the 7'th and 10'th fret --> pick the string --> bend the note "up".
2. return from the "up" and release the finger from the 10'th fret, making a "pull off"
3. fret the 10'th fret again picking the string at the same time.

Can't really describe it properly either:/ I think that the whole "bending" thing is taking twice the time than the 7'th fret ringing or the "part" 3.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 9 2009, 03:47 PM
GMC:er
Nothing wrong with the lick I heard.

Is it just writing it in GP thats bugging you?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 04:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 9 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Nothing wrong with the lick I heard.

Is it just writing it in GP thats bugging you?

Marek, I like the lick but the point of the Kaz-box excercise is to come up with a lick that uses different timings. Why don't you do another lick and just make it notes, not bending. Kind of like a run in the middle of a solo. Once you get familiar with the different timings you will easily be able to tab the lick. BTW, you aren't gonna be tabbing licks every time you write a solo. I want you tab the lick just so you are aware of the different timings. Look at my lick....very simple. Do something similar if you could. My lick was basicallly just ascending the Ionian box and changing the timing as I was going.
Don't complicate it for this excercise. Keep it very basic. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 9 2009, 04:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha, my name is on youtube now hunderes of times, KazBox here, Kazbox there, high Kaz Unit soloing tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 06:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 9 2009, 04:34 PM) *
Haha, my name is on youtube now hunderes of times, KazBox here, Kazbox there, high Kaz Unit soloing tongue.gif

You are on your way to becoming a youtube legend Kaz!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 9 2009, 06:28 PM
GMC:er
When you 're famous dont forget us.

Here is where it all started.

You should design your own line of metronomes.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 13 2009, 07:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Lick2 wink.gif I know it should have had pentatonic, but my pentatonic skill are.... high I think wink.gif So I thought composing a bit more with the diatonic scales could do no harm wink.gif Here ya go: and no... It's not the ultra melodic triad thing I had in mind.... to bad tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 13 2009, 07:44 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 13 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Lick2 wink.gif I know it should have had pentatonic, but my pentatonic skill are.... high I think wink.gif So I thought composing a bit more with the diatonic scales could do no harm wink.gif Here ya go: and no... It's not the ultra melodic triad thing I had in mind.... to bad tongue.gif

Good Job Kaz....You did exactly what I wanted thanks!! smile.gif Hopefully you are getting more comfortable with the diatonic boxes.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:17 AM