> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Djohnneay - Neoclassical Three-level-lesson, Beginner
Grades
Grades
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

djohnneay
Jul 31 2011, 02:21 PM
GMC:er
Neoclassical Three-Level-Solo, Beginner

Link to original lesson HERE

Guitar: Schecter Omen 6 extreme
Amp: Kustom Arrow 16R throught Digitech RP155

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 5 2011, 05:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2011, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Hey there biggrin.gif good take! A little bit uncertain at some points, but with more practice you'll get there! I can only feel that your hands are not very sure on what they are playing so this probably sends the sentiment of uncertainty. Put a little attitude in it and it'll sound 10 times as good wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 1 2011, 02:34 AM
Instructor
agree with cosmin here, i like the tone, i your picking, you just need to learn a bit more the song and practice it a bit more!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 1 2011, 01:02 PM
Instructor
A couple of things you could do to improve your performance. Do a wider vibrato, using your wrist more rather than fingers. And don't leave gaps between notes.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2011, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Good attempt but I agree with the others that some more practice with this piece would improve your take. You're not far away but some more work on bending and vibrato will go a long way.

The arpeggio was also difficult for you so perhaps spend some time with some basic sweep picking lessons just to give you a boost in this area. If you isolate these areas of practice and find lessons or exercises that focus on improving those points, when you come to put it all together in this piece you will notice the improvement ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2011, 07:56 PM
Instructor
Good job man, there are some things to improve but you are on the right track. You just need some more time of practice concentrating on your right hand picking, vibrato and bends. Keep on working hard! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 3 2011, 10:50 AM
Instructor
Nicely played, and as guys said - a bit uncertain. Picking and tone are good, but you need to spend a bit more time on slower tempos on this one, to polish up everything nicely. You seem to fret the notes, but not sure what scale you are using, try working on that. That first big bend was a bit weak as well, try to make it stronger and go directly to pitch.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 5 2011, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Keep at it man, your real close. 7.2 on this one..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:46 PM