3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Rack Processsor, Effects Processor
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2014, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 13 2014, 12:34 PM) *
I have bought a few guitars that weren't exactly what I set out to buy but when I played them they felt right!
My main acoustic is one such purchase. I had the choice of it and 3 other acoustics. The other 3 were all about twice the price and yet this one sounded better unplugged and plugged in. That was 20+ years ago and it's still my main acoustic to this day. It even made me retire my Ovation that I'd been using up to that point!
I've since found out that I paid a lot less that it should have been priced at. It's a Suzuki Nagoya. Nagoya is the factory where Suzuki produce all their top of the range, hand crafted Violins and other Classical Instruments. Once in a while they do a short run of Guitars too.
I haven't actually written any other PRS reveiws although i have tried out and played quite a few different models. It all depends what my friend has in stock in his Shop when I go to visit/do some repairs and set-ups there.
If you want I'll review whatever PRS Stock he has next time I'm there? He usually has a couple of Models and a few SE models in stock.
smile.gif

Hehe! It's always like that smile.gif The 'ugly ducklings' biggrin.gif I would be terribly interested in a few thoughts on the differences on Maryland made PRS guitars - stock ones and Private stock ones smile.gif Couldn't get my hands on any of those so far... Ever tried any?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 14 2014, 01:18 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 13 2014, 04:53 PM) *
Hehe! It's always like that smile.gif The 'ugly ducklings' biggrin.gif I would be terribly interested in a few thoughts on the differences on Maryland made PRS guitars - stock ones and Private stock ones smile.gif Couldn't get my hands on any of those so far... Ever tried any?

I have played mainly Stock ones and a couple of Private Stock models. I've not yet had the opportunity to play a Maryland, although that might happen later this year!
I might have a word with my friend and get him to order certain things in the Shop so I can review them. I'd like to get back into writing reviews again, I actually quite enjoy it!!
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2014, 06:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 14 2014, 12:18 PM) *
I have played mainly Stock ones and a couple of Private Stock models. I've not yet had the opportunity to play a Maryland, although that might happen later this year!
I might have a word with my friend and get him to order certain things in the Shop so I can review them. I'd like to get back into writing reviews again, I actually quite enjoy it!!
biggrin.gif

It must be amazing to have the opportunity to try private stock models smile.gif I mean, here, no one in their right mind would bring in a private stock, because... no one would have the money to buy it. I mean, yeah, people have payed 2000-2500 EUR for a PRS, but 5000? Hmmm, I don't quite think so smile.gif I have a friend who's a PRS player and also obsessed with owls - I told him that I will get him this guitar, if I will ever become filthy rich:

http://prsguitars.com/privatestock/gallery..._horned_owl.php

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 15 2014, 05:14 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 15 2014, 05:30 AM) *
It must be amazing to have the opportunity to try private stock models smile.gif I mean, here, no one in their right mind would bring in a private stock, because... no one would have the money to buy it. I mean, yeah, people have payed 2000-2500 EUR for a PRS, but 5000? Hmmm, I don't quite think so smile.gif I have a friend who's a PRS player and also obsessed with owls - I told him that I will get him this guitar, if I will ever become filthy rich:

http://prsguitars.com/privatestock/gallery..._horned_owl.php

I know what you mean! My friend doesn't get them in that often, maybe 2 or 3 a year. I remember seeing that guitar before, it's a lovely piece of inlay work!!
It reminds me of this one:-

This one was built by Paul himself and was priced at £10,000!
ohmy.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2014, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Holy schmoley biggrin.gif I wonder, who is able to build these stunningly beautiful designs into the guitar? Did Paul put the dragon there himself.. or? 2-3 a year is A LOT compared to none/year laugh.gif So, yes, as I said - lucky you wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:38 AM