Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
Owen
Jul 13 2007, 04:39 PM
GMC:er
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...mptiness_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jul 10 2009, 03:41 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 13 2007, 04:40 PM
From your review seems very good i will have to give this one a try may i ask what year this was released in?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 13 2007, 04:42 PM
2003 I believe, it's there second newest album and I believe their best, originally they started of as your Standard Death Metal band, but their singer lost his voice screaming and they decided to take an entirely different direction. It's a new sound, very fresh, unlike anything I have heard before.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 13 2007, 11:33 PM
I love this album, it's Katatonia afterall smile.gif Allthough, I have to say that I prefer the old doom/death stuff, and you almost made me cry when you called them a standard death metal band, thats really far from the truth:P

They had the same mood before, it was just growled and a bit more moody, at least brave muder day.

But I don't want to whine, I love your great review on a truly amazing album, and I have to say that I consider this their best album from after they changed from doom/death to the depressive rock they play now smile.gif Everything they've done is great though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 13 2007, 11:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Nice review as always, Katatonia are awesome! id love to see them live.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 13 2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys. I think I really will review some "Standard" Death Metal for my next one, if only just to prove to Pavel I'm not bias but this is a great album.

I think I will also review Acid Bath, anyone like them or are they a totally unknown band to everyone?

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 14 2007, 03:06 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well i know Acid Bath, only have one alvum though, dont know too much about them, still pretty cool band though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:03 PM