Improvisation Techniques, what do you think about and how do you practice
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2011, 09:32 AM
Instructor
If you guys remember previous video chats that we did, I was talking about improvisation techniques you can apply when doing your soloing, even your rhythm work (using chordal embelishments).

Some of the things we worked, (and will work in today's 4-5PM chat) are:

- learning patterns of scales and arpeggios
- utilizing strong notes
- create call & response phrases

What are the concepts that you like to use in order to keep the strong connection to the backing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Rated Htr
Jun 26 2011, 10:02 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I have started to develop a jazz kinda view of all of it in some way. I can approach it using guide notes or common notes to the chords Im soloing over. In the case of simple power chords and or triads it is important for me to find out which type of sound I want to give because in modes it is all about attacking those special notes.

Cant say I give much more thought than that which is already a lot laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2011, 11:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jun 26 2011, 11:02 AM) *
I have started to develop a jazz kinda view of all of it in some way. I can approach it using guide notes or common notes to the chords Im soloing over. In the case of simple power chords and or triads it is important for me to find out which type of sound I want to give because in modes it is all about attacking those special notes.

Cant say I give much more thought than that which is already a lot laugh.gif

That's a great approach! smile.gif I specially like your thoughts about triads and powerchords, cause they are universal and repeating in several keys. This opens lots of space. Very well said! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 26 2011, 11:35 AM
Instructor
I usually like to use some common notes, as well as trying to develop a melody which would add some sense to the improvisation, who knows when jamming could come up with a good tune? tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:19 AM