Two String Alternate Picking
Nighthawk1
Apr 25 2008, 07:09 AM
GMC:er
Hey there GMC, how are ya ?

Orignially I posted this question at Pablos subforum but he seems to be pretty busy at the moment so I think I just post it here in public.
Maybe an administrator can it delete from Pablos subforum?!Thx
...So my problems refer to lessons like Pablos heavy ballad or Gabriels Zakk Wylde Style lesson. ...Well, I've been practising these lessons for month now but I really don't see to make any progress concerning the two string alternate picking part. I really love that technique alla Zakk but I just can't pass the 75bpm (sixteenth triplets) line let alone achieve 110 (i think) Pablo plays. I've been very patient really but I think I can't make it if I repeat this lick over and over again. So does anyone know any other specific exercices I could learn in order to come back to the two string lick later more succesfully? I've also tried Kris alternate picking lessons and considered all the tips but eventually there I've got the same problem. I also watched Pavel's lessons on alternate picking but those are mostly on one string.

So maybe somebody can help me a little with that out ....so thank you a lot in advance...greetings

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 25 2008, 10:21 AM
Instructor
Hey man, well you shouldn't be too concerned if you reached a platoue in your playing. The speed requiers time. BTW How long did you practice that exercise (in terms of hours). I ask because I know that if I play something in a 85 tempo and want to get to 110, it could take 3-4 sometimes months to really get there properly, and that is if I practice the exercise ~30 minutes every 5th day.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 25 2008, 10:23 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:15 PM