Drum Machines, The good, the bad, and the ugly?
fatstrat
Feb 22 2008, 01:58 AM
GMC:er
Hey I'm interested in getting a drum machine to substitute out my metronome for some easier on the ear backing tracks. I was gonna ask the GMC community what drum machines they thought would be the best and most affordable. Appreciate the help!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
USAMAN
Feb 22 2008, 02:04 AM
I would buy fruityloops.
It has built in drum machine and built in drum loops.
you can download it for fairly cheap 2.

Peace.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 22 2008, 02:22 AM
Instructor
Fruityloops is good.

If you want a hardware drummachine, then the Boss DR-670 is good.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 22 2008, 02:29 AM
If you have Guitar Pro you can export the drums as a midi file and then import it into Fruity Loops and mask it with a downloaded drum kit. I do this and you can't tell the difference between from the real thing.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 22 2008, 10:14 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I prefer to work with drum machines (Hardware) and have been using for several years an Alesis SR 16, excellent drum machine easy to use but starting to get a little dated and I have to do a lot a tweaking once I `ve recorded them to get a nice crisp drum sound.

As it happens I`ve just ordered A Boss DR 670 so I`m glad Trond gave that as a recomendation, I`ll let you know what its like when I get it smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
edgecrusher
Feb 22 2008, 12:11 PM
i personally use linplug rmIV, but it's a bit expensive unless you're a student (then you get 50% off). another would be toontrack ez drummer (combined with DFH, a great deal).

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 22 2008, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Maybe Groove Agent from Steinberg can be a good solution. It is a software plug but can work as a standalone too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:58 AM