2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ibanez Rg565 Reissues Get One!
Todd Simpson
Dec 22 2020, 02:58 AM
GMC:er
These guitars were only made for about one year. That's it. They have been on the wish list for most shreddres/ibby nuts ever since. They did a sort of reissue at one point about a decade ago, but it didn't have the original wizard profile neck (It was a wizard II which is just a pinch thicker) and it didn't have the original pickups. It was called the 465. I'd still like one of those as well, but I digress. Ibanez has finally realized that the used market for these rare Ibbys of yore has been canibalizing the new market for a long time. To wit, the "Genesis" reissue series At first, it looked like Japan would be the place to get these and the rest of the world was out of luck, but great news!! Now these are made in Japan (where most of the best Ibby's are born), they are also bringing back the original stock pickups. Not that the original pickups were amazing, but they were the original pickups. Many ibby nuts, myself included, like to keep bone stock guitars in a bone stock state. But to each his own and again I digress. This is a very rare configuration for Ibanez. Single Humbucker in the bridge and a single coil sized pup in the neck, with a matching color headstock and no pickguard, and the reverse headstock. It looks like a 565 should look and has the 17mm neck profile in maple, just as it should. True, it's a bit different on wood construction and the neck pup is an inf, but I'll take it. The neck is right, it looks right, and has what is now called the "Super Wizard" neck. In short, thank the saints they are building this again. I've seen 2k pricetags on these on used gear sites and even 1k for a really beat up and modified one. Merry Xmas Ibby fans smile.gif

https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/rg565_00_01.html

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 22 2020, 02:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 22 2020, 07:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
It's likely gonna be my next purchase, if I can manage to cut down on how much I spend on food, as we talked about, and actually save up smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Dec 22 2020, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
There are a couple of models from other brands that have very similar characteristics, and very good pickups for the same or lower prize if you are interested in this style of guitars.

It's the same prize (€999) as the Charvel pro-mod DK24 HH FR Dark Amber which has floyd rose, Seymour Duncan pickups, and compound radius (12'' - 16'').

Solar AB1.6 also comes with floyd rose, Seymour Duncan pickups, but a 14'' radius, and it's 100€ cheaper (€899).

If I would be buying a new guitar I'd be having a really hard time making up my mind hehe

There are so many great guitars now on a very good prize range!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 22 2020, 08:26 PM
Very nice, my causin still has the indo made one Todd mentioned so I had good time playing it. We had it get a setup and some fret treatment then it felt very good. Still not the exact Japanese Ibanez feel but a nice guitar.

I'd also like to own a S-H one day. Speaking strictly shred, with s-s-h like most I dislike the middle pickup under the picking area. Also the advantage of a single (actually narrow humbucker but anyway) vs Humbucker is the attack is much faster, something Yngwie would also appreciate biggrin.gif

But for a H-H guitar to get that attack, its not impossible. Either the pickup must be very bright (maybe parallel) or it can be Dimarzio. Dimarzio has a patent where they wind one coil less/more than the other so you get much more harmonics.

I for example use my air-norton upside-down just like Petrucci did back in the ibanez days to get that attack. The standard placement actually sounds much better with clean tones but when upside down, the slug-coils dominate the tone and the strings simply feel much lighter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 22 2020, 09:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Here is Paul Glover's review.

https://youtu.be/gzbUSIJzRMA

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 22 2020, 09:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Dec 22 2020, 05:58 PM) *
There are a couple of models from other brands that have very similar characteristics, and very good pickups for the same or lower prize if you are interested in this style of guitars.

It's the same prize (€999) as the Charvel pro-mod DK24 HH FR Dark Amber which has floyd rose, Seymour Duncan pickups, and compound radius (12'' - 16'').

Solar AB1.6 also comes with floyd rose, Seymour Duncan pickups, but a 14'' radius, and it's 100€ cheaper (€899).

If I would be buying a new guitar I'd be having a really hard time making up my mind hehe

The new 1000 series floyds make a metal on metal sound your pick up picks up if you want it loose enough that the bar swings
And since I am left handed , never been able to try the edge tremolo's

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Dec 22 2020, 09:27 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 23 2020, 09:17 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 22 2020, 08:05 PM) *

It's been a while since I checked his channel but he doesn't seem well mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2020, 12:48 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 23 2020, 08:17 AM) *
It's been a while since I checked his channel but he doesn't seem well mellow.gif

Maybe just tired/stressed with the Covid thing. Seems okay on his FB page.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2021, 12:52 PM
Just wanted to follow up! Did you end up pulling the trigger on this and making and order for when they finally do come in? I gather it will be a few months. I'm really wanting one of these badly. These are not INDO's, but actual MIJ Ibbys with the super slim neck profile from the original guitars that made the brand such a fave of shredders all over the world. I just love the way these look. I am really curious to feel how they play!!

Which color do you like btw? I was hoping for a road flare red but maybe next namm smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 22 2020, 02:01 AM) *
It's likely gonna be my next purchase, if I can manage to cut down on how much I spend on food, as we talked about, and actually save up smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 22 2021, 01:10 PM
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=783379

And you replied.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=783404

wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 22 2021, 11:52 AM) *
Just wanted to follow up! Did you end up pulling the trigger on this and making and order for when they finally do come in? I gather it will be a few months. I'm really wanting one of these badly. These are not INDO's, but actual MIJ Ibbys with the super slim neck profile from the original guitars that made the brand such a fave of shredders all over the world. I just love the way these look. I am really curious to feel how they play!!

Which color do you like btw? I was hoping for a road flare red but maybe next namm smile.gif

Todd

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2021, 09:02 PM
Very true smile.gif But none of them have the legendary original WIZARD neck profile. Only this reissue and some of the crazy pricey prestige/Jcustoms will get you that amazing neck profile. That's what makes this guitar so special. It's just a brilliant neck. I've got the same neck on myRG560 and nothing compares to it imho.

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Dec 22 2020, 12:58 PM) *

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 12 2021, 04:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
So a few things changed!

I was going to save up for the RG565, and I figured I could save up by 31st of May as was the shipping date. By January 31st after putting money aside twice (the first being December 31st) I already had put aside almost enough for the guitar, so I figured to myself that I wanted something of higher quality, like the RGR5220M, RG5120M or RG5320C, as I could easily save up the amount needed by May 31st. This is closer to 2000 USD or maybe 1700 euros +/- instead of 1000 USD.

So I cancelled my pre-order for the RG565. And I was then going to save up for one of the other ones. This means I probably can't order the RG565 again as there's a huge waiting list, I think. I thought to myself: "Something is definitely going to happen and I'll have to spend the money on something else entirely, something in my home is gonna break down!"

1 hour after cancelling my order then my washing machine breaks down and the repair cost would be 600 USD or more. So it was suggested that I buy a new one for around 750 USD.

Anyway. I'm still gonna save up for one of the mentioned models, it's just gonna take a little while longer.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Feb 12 2021, 05:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 12 2021, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 12 2021, 03:37 PM) *

Such is to life but who knows this might turn out to be a good thing. Actually when listened to demo's of various new models, I liked the sound of the rg5320 the most.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 12 2021, 05:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 12 2021, 06:08 PM) *
Such is to life but who knows this might turn out to be a good thing. Actually when listened to demo's of various new models, I liked the sound of the rg5320 the most.

Was that the RG5320C or 5320CSW? smile.gif They have different pick ups. The RG5320C is more blue (color) with Tone Zone and Air Norton and the CSW (Cosmic shadow color) has Dimarzio Fusion Edge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Feb 12 2021, 05:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 12 2021, 03:37 PM) *
So a few things changed!

I was going to save up for the RG565, and I figured I could save up by 31st of May as was the shipping date. By January 31st after putting money aside twice (the first being December 31st) I already had put aside almost enough for the guitar, so I figured to myself that I wanted something of higher quality, like the RGR5220M, RG5120M or RG5320C, as I could easily save up the amount needed by May 31st. This is closer to 2000 USD or maybe 1700 euros +/- instead of 1000 USD.

So I cancelled my pre-order for the RG565. And I was then going to save up for one of the other ones. This means I probably can't order the RG565 again as there's a huge waiting list, I think. I thought to myself: "Something is definitely going to happen and I'll have to spend the money on something else entirely, something in my home is gonna break down!"

1 hour after cancelling my order then my washing machine breaks down and the repair cost would be 600 USD or more. So it was suggested that I buy a new one for around 750 USD.

Anyway. I'm still gonna save up for one of the mentioned models, it's just gonna take a little while longer.

Why did you cancel the pre-order?!
You could have easily sell it and then buy the higher priced ibanezes you mentioned!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 12 2021, 05:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Feb 12 2021, 06:30 PM) *
Why did you cancel the pre-order?!
You could have easily sell it and then buy the higher priced ibanezes you mentioned!!

Yeah, I know I could have sold it for a higher price, but in general I don't really like those kinda things, unless it's an actual vintage guitar that has gone up in price, i.e. the JPM100 P1. Buying something new to then drive the market price up has never sat well with me. It's the same thing with the Playstation 5. At the same time there's the low risk that I couldn't sell it for more. I don't know what the price tag will be in June. smile.gif I know it's not a smart business choice, but on a personal level it sits better with me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Feb 12 2021, 05:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 12 2021, 04:34 PM) *
Yeah, I know I could have sold it for a higher price, but in general I don't really like those kinda things, unless it's an actual vintage guitar that has gone up in price, i.e. the JPM100 P1. Buying something new to then drive the market price up has never sat well with me. It's the same thing with the Playstation 5. At the same time there's the low risk that I couldn't sell it for more. I don't know what the price tag will be in June. smile.gif I know it's not a smart business choice, but on a personal level it sits better with me.

I understand what you are saying Cael, and I applaud you; that's very considerate of you!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 12 2021, 05:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Feb 12 2021, 06:41 PM) *
I understand what you are saying Cael, and I applaud you; that's very considerate of you!

Thanks! Generally people don't applaud bad business decisions laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 12 2021, 06:26 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 12 2021, 04:48 PM) *

The RG5320C , I couldn't find the video where few of them were played but remember immediately recognizing that mahogany prestige tone (which I'm also a user of).

Being a bit thicker in tone more usable when clean is needed, with drive has a bit more fluid feel rather than bite.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 12 2021, 07:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 12 2021, 07:26 PM) *
The RG5320C , I couldn't find the video where few of them were played but remember immediately recognizing that mahogany prestige tone (which I'm also a user of).

Being a bit thicker in tone more usable when clean is needed, with drive has a bit more fluid feel rather than bite.

I see. Most people on Facebook (Ibanez RG group) suggested the RG5220M, but I haven't fully decided yet. The only thing putting me off the RG5220M is that I have a green screen that I might want to use (but I rarely do, to be honest!) and the green RG5220M would disappear in the picture of course. But I like the idea of having different pickups than what I have no in my two Ibanez guitars (Tone zone, true velvet and Air Norton in the RG3570Z and PAF7 in the RG752MFS-VFD), so that's putting me off a bit from the RG5320C. The RG5220M has bareknuckles.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:58 AM