The Ultimate Floyd Rose, out of Titanium???
Mith
Jul 8 2014, 07:56 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys check this out

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/...series/titanium

Ignoring the insane price tag I don't get how this can be all that much better than a standard floyd. I can see how the parts would not wear anywhere near as much but thats bout it. I am tempted to try a tungstun block peice.

What do you guys think. completly amazing or just some gimmic?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jul 8 2014, 08:01 AM
GMC:er
I don't know about better, but it'll almost certainly sound different. Titanium will resonate differently from the usual steel they make the OFR from.

Definitely think the main real benefit will come from reduced wear and tear on the knife edges.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 8 2014, 08:16 AM
you can get the parts separetly. Tho even just a base plate is like $400 bucks.

Seems more like a fancy thing. Kinda like having a rolex. It still just tells the time.

and SixStringSamurai was a cool movie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 8 2014, 07:34 PM
There were block mod. test somewhere around the web if not whole trem. . I personally liked brass more than titanium in those tests but its just a weight thing.

This is all personal opininon but if you don't pull the trem. much make it dive only so it won't rumble as much, would probably make it as good sounding as anything expensive out there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 9 2014, 03:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jul 8 2014, 08:01 AM) *
I don't know about better, but it'll almost certainly sound different. Titanium will resonate differently from the usual steel they make the OFR from.

Definitely think the main real benefit will come from reduced wear and tear on the knife edges.
I would be happier with the Whamy bar not wearing out and not being able to be tightened wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2014, 04:23 AM
Nice smile.gif Bit crazy but fun smile.gif I'd like to see a Gold and Platinum version of course!! As long as we are in crazy land, here is a floyd that TOP MOUNTS to a LES PAUL smile.gif The only problem is it looks like the BORG have taken over your guitar.

QUOTE (Mith @ Jul 8 2014, 02:56 AM) *
Hey guys check this out

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/...series/titanium

Ignoring the insane price tag I don't get how this can be all that much better than a standard floyd. I can see how the parts would not wear anywhere near as much but thats bout it. I am tempted to try a tungstun block peice.

What do you guys think. completly amazing or just some gimmic?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 9 2014, 04:29 AM

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 11 2014, 09:07 AM
If I invented a tremolo that looked cool on a LP I would probably call it a bigsby

But in saying that one of those would look cool in one of those steampunk looking guitars or ome that looks all futuristic

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:44 PM