Greetings, I'm new here.
imashooter
Jun 10 2011, 03:11 AM
GMC:er
Hey,

My name is Jay. I live in Texas. I like to play guitar (duh). I like metal (prog, death, black), jazz, funk, pop, etc. I hope to get to know many of you, and of course, learn as much as I can!

I'm a self-taught, and I have been playing for about ten years. I never had access to a professional instructor, so I learned from watching people, videos, and listening to my favorite bands. I think I have decent technical aptitude, but I am a complete novice when it comes to theory. I really have no idea how chords and scales work together, and honestly, I have a limited knowledge of how to even name chords. I'm in desperate need of assistance, and this site has really come to my rescue. With hard work and time, I'll be able to completely express myself through my guitar and stop playing covers!

I am attaching some photos of my gear. This is a link some covers I have recorded, the quality is pretty bad, but I don't have any nice recording gear: http://www.soundclick.com/burninghammer AND my YouTube account which has some more covers/original stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/imashooter85

Have a good one,

Jay

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
\m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Mudbone
Jun 10 2011, 04:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey there, welcome to GMC biggrin.gif Nice amp. So what are you shooting?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
imashooter
Jun 10 2011, 04:19 AM
hockey pucks

--------------------
\m/

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 10 2011, 04:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey man! Great to have you here! Hope you learn a lot. I'm a novice with theory too. wink.gif However, I've only been playing two and a half years. Beautiful gear you have!

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jun 10 2011, 06:30 AM
Hey! smile.gif, welcome.

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 10 2011, 07:25 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to have you here in the forum Jay - welcome! smile.gif

You have some cool gear over there.

See you round smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2011, 08:44 AM
Instructor
Hello Jay! Welcome to the site! It's really cool that you took the time to introduce yourself here in this complete way. I really like your equipment! That amp must sound killer. biggrin.gif
You'll find many Metal lessons here, you can just search for a particular band and I'm sure that you'll find a lessons based on them (If not, you can request it here). You say that you also like jazz so as you are looking for some harmony and theory lessons I think that you could learn a lot from a series called Jazz Notes. There you'll find a lot of theory very well explained (chords, triads, arpeggios, scales) and practical exercises applied to Jazz.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/jazz%20notes/?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 10 2011, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Hio Jay, welcome to GMC man!
Great to have you with us!:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 10 2011, 08:58 AM
Instructor
Hi Jay and welcome to GMC cool.gif

Beautiful Jackson and Kramer you got there !

As Gabriel mentioned there's lots of theory on the site.. we also do live video chats every week, the schedule you can see at the bottom of the main page.. you can drop in there any time by just clicking on the 'CHAT' button. It's worth checking them all out.. Ivan Milenkovic immediately springs to mind as he's a monster when it comes to theory ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2011, 09:16 AM
Instructor
hey Jay biggrin.gif

What prog bands do you like? I'm a lot into djent and modern prog, metalcore and all that stuff wink.gif if you want to discuss related stuff, don't be shy biggrin.gif I'm also looking forward to seeing you attend the live video chat sessions where we're going to discuss a lot about riffing, composition, orchestration and . METAAAAAAAAAAAALL biggrin.gif see you around mate!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 10 2011, 10:39 AM
Instructor
Hello there my friend! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif That's a nice introduction, and nice gear mate! smile.gif

You mentioned you have some problems with theory. Feel free to ask anything you wish on the forum, and don't hesitate to contact any of the instructors - we will all gladly help! smile.gif

If you need some help regarding chords, check out my Chord Workshop Series - Basics, and ask any questions you have.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
imashooter
Jun 10 2011, 08:20 PM
Gabriel - Thank you for the link to the jazz lessons.

Cosmin - I'm really into Amorphis and Nevermore right now. Periphery is really cool. I also like Mastodon, Baroness... I can go on forever!

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome and kind words, I feel at home already!

This post has been edited by imashooter: Jun 10 2011, 08:21 PM

--------------------
\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2011, 08:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (imashooter @ Jun 10 2011, 04:20 PM) *

Cosmin - I'm really into Amorphis and Nevermore right now. Periphery is really cool. I also like Mastodon, Baroness... I can go on forever!

No problem man! we are here to help you. Let us know every time you need some help. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2011, 08:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (imashooter @ Jun 10 2011, 07:20 PM) *

Mastodon and Periphery are among my favorites biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Maris
Jun 10 2011, 09:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC!!! biggrin.gif Nice guitars!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 10 2011, 11:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Jay, welcome to GMC man! smile.gif Pretty cool equipment you have got biggrin.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 10 2011, 11:25 PM
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif I"m Todd and I'm also from the U.S. (Atlanta, GA). I teach a Video Chat Lesson every Saturday @ 5:00 PM EST so I"d love to have you come by! Just click on CMC CHAT up top.

You've got some fine guitars there! I really dig your Schector 7 and your Kramer! I have a vintage Kramer Focus (replaced the stock pickup with an EMG though so it's no longer pure "stock")

Todd

+Quote Post
Blister
Jun 10 2011, 11:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Jay. You're gonna have a blast here @ GMC. Thanks for adding the pics of your gear. Very nice! Look forward to seeing you in the video chats! smile.gif

Gary F.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 11 2011, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! You have a nice gear there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:07 AM