2 Pages V   1 2 >  
So I Ordered A Custom Skervesen..
Socky42
Oct 11 2016, 11:57 AM
GMC:er
Finally gotten around to getting a proper custom guitar. biggrin.gif Not much to show yet since the process has only just begun but I've gone with a multi-scale Raptor 7 and will keep you guys updated!

Been told the process will take 7-8 months, so I've got a looooong wait ahead of me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 11 2016, 12:17 PM
GMC Founder
Congrats, I have been drooling at these! The headless models look like what the steinbergers should have been (balanced among other things)

I can also see they have a coming "stock" section on their website.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2016, 12:41 PM
Super congrats indeed! These guitars cost more than my first car!! They are very fine guitars to be sure! Can't wait to see more smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Oct 11 2016, 06:57 AM) *
Finally gotten around to getting a proper custom guitar. biggrin.gif Not much to show yet since the process has only just begun but I've gone with a multi-scale Raptor 7 and will keep you guys updated!

Been told the process will take 7-8 months, so I've got a looooong wait ahead of me.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 12 2016, 01:18 PM
Instructor
This kind of time amount seems to be quite normal smile.gif at least they didn't tell you, it will be done in a month, then you would be calling every month to ask when finally it will be done smile.gif Congrats on your new, upcoming guitar. Hope it will cover your demands smile.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 12 2016, 10:20 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 11 2016, 12:17 PM) *
Congrats, I have been drooling at these! The headless models look like what the steinbergers should have been (balanced among other things)

Yeah, I love the exotic tops they put on their guitars! One of the reasons I went with them over other luthiers.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 12 2016, 12:41 PM) *
Super congrats indeed! These guitars cost more than my first car!! They are very fine guitars to be sure! Can't wait to see more smile.gif

Todd

I was looking on eBay/Reverb etc. for a used one but people were charging wayyy higher than me just getting my own custom one. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 12 2016, 01:18 PM) *
This kind of time amount seems to be quite normal smile.gif at least they didn't tell you, it will be done in a month, then you would be calling every month to ask when finally it will be done smile.gif Congrats on your new, upcoming guitar. Hope it will cover your demands smile.gif

Thanks Darius! They've been super responsive to any emails and questions I've had so far. I went with an exotic fretboard similar to the picture and they're even buying 3 of them so I can pick between the different grains.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2016, 06:25 AM
I've always been curious about the necks. I know you once played an Ibanez PGM, once you get your SKEV, please do let us know how the necks compare?

I recently looked at the ORSMBY guitars and though they are great instruments, the 6 string has the same neck dimensions as my 7 string Ibby. Kinda shocked me.

Todd

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Oct 12 2016, 05:20 PM) *
Yeah, I love the exotic tops they put on their guitars! One of the reasons I went with them over other luthiers.

I was looking on eBay/Reverb etc. for a used one but people were charging wayyy higher than me just getting my own custom one. laugh.gif

Thanks Darius! They've been super responsive to any emails and questions I've had so far. I went with an exotic fretboard similar to the picture and they're even buying 3 of them so I can pick between the different grains.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 13 2016, 11:38 AM
Congratulations mate!!!
They are seriously good instruments, may it give you many years of service!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 13 2016, 05:31 PM
will follow this topic smile.gif congrats!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2016, 11:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congratulations Socky, lookin forward to seeing the finished item. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 14 2016, 12:02 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 16 2016, 01:22 AM
Isee skervs going for about $3,000 USED on reverb.com. I'm guessing new they are a bit more? I found n their web site they need 40 percent down to start so it's a grand or so to get going? Similar to many european builders in that sense from what I gather? I really wish there was a way to play one of these without having to fork over that much cash, but sadly there is not. Folks seem happy with them as a builder though. They seem like really nice axes.

Were you able to find anything on the specs for the guitar/neck? I can't find anything on the web.

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 11 2016, 07:17 AM) *

+Quote Post
Socky42
Oct 16 2016, 01:35 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 13 2016, 11:38 AM) *
Congratulations mate!!!
They are seriously good instruments, may it give you many years of service!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 13 2016, 05:31 PM) *
will follow this topic smile.gif congrats!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 14 2016, 11:50 AM) *
Congratulations Socky, lookin forward to seeing the finished item. smile.gif

Thanks guys!

The order forms are here Todd, it generates a price for you based on the options you choose: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsxuio5y4d3zpc2/...trD6kK1Coa?dl=0

When I checked the price of the used ones vs a generated one with the same specs, people were always charging a couple hundred more. Granted you are getting a guitar without the wait time but it's not worth that much of a premium.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Oct 16 2016, 01:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 16 2016, 07:10 AM
The default config is about 2k which is cheaper than I thought it would be! I really dig their guitars smile.gif I even like their headless versions. There is a crazy 10 string headless that looks just wild. Probably give me carpal again to play it but it sure looks crazy smile.gif

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Oct 15 2016, 08:35 PM) *
Thanks guys!

The order forms are here Todd, it generates a price for you based on the options you choose: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsxuio5y4d3zpc2/...trD6kK1Coa?dl=0

When I checked the price of the used ones vs a generated one with the same specs, people were always charging a couple hundred more. Granted you are getting a guitar without the wait time but it's not worth that much of a premium.

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 3 2016, 01:16 PM
Gettin' closer..the body has been routed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 3 2016, 02:31 PM
I like the look of that!!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 3 2016, 07:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That wood is going to look stunning wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 3 2016, 08:18 PM
checked some Pic.s on web and must say even by their standards it seems to be one of the nicer tops! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2016, 04:57 AM
Do you have any specs on the neck? Scale length? Width at the nut? 19mm?18MM?17MM?

Todd

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 6 2016, 02:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Ever since i saw Modern Day Babylon with these guitars, I have wanted one. smile.gif I wouldn't mind if that was the only guitar I had. wink.gif This guy has a Raptor 8 string model in this video.

+Quote Post
Socky42
Nov 7 2016, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys! Can't wait to see what the guitar is gonna look like after I choose the fretboard wood!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 5 2016, 03:57 AM) *
Do you have any specs on the neck? Scale length? Width at the nut? 19mm?18MM?17MM?

Todd

Nothing on the specs and measurements yet Todd, but I went with a multi-scale neck; 25.5" to 27".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 13 2016, 06:04 PM

Started work on the fretboard and neck, sooo hyped for it now!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:48 AM