Toneport Ux1
melodious
Oct 5 2008, 04:10 PM
GMC:er
Ivan,

I have a condenser mic that I was connecting to a art mp studio preamp to my soundcard. but there was a hiss most of the time. So I'm thinking of buying an audio interface, the toneport ux1. But the ux1 doesn't have phantom power, so I was wondering: could I connect the condenser mic to the art mp, and connect that to the ux1? would there still be a hiss as well?
Also, i record with sonar home studio 4. could i still use that with the ux1?

Thanks,

-james

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2008, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Hey mate,

The hiss will be present only if the hiss issue is with that preamp or microphone. If the preamp and microphone are both good and quiet, I don't think there will be no hiss. Toneport will not create any hiss or noise, that's for sure.
Toneport should be compatible with any DAW software that supports ASIO driver, so I think it will work with Sonar no problem.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
melodious
Oct 8 2008, 01:20 AM
GMC:er
oh ok. Thanks Ivan! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 8 2008, 07:34 PM
Instructor
No problem mate, glad to help. CHeers smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:46 PM