2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hello To Gmc From The Cheesehead State!
ErikEklund
Mar 16 2009, 10:36 PM
GMC:er
Hi Matt, welcome to gmc! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mtappa
Mar 17 2009, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 16 2009, 04:08 PM) *
WI.

You guys have good beer up there.

I've been in your state many a time. I even had my drivers license suspended there!

That's funny...is it a good thing when the first image of your state is the excellent beer options and the subsequent police response to driving a vehicle after said consumption? Thanks for the laugh!

QUOTE (Matt23 @ Mar 16 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Hey Matt, you have the same acoustic as me. smile.gif Welcome to GMC.

Hi Matt,
I saw at your profile you were thinking about taking in your Seagull S6 to get the action lowered. Did you ever do that? My Seagull certainly has a bit higher action than my Bean Blossom acoustic/electric and the neck is wider than most but I'm starting to get used to it and I love the rich sound it produces vs. my A/E. I'd hate to ruin such a beautiful sound. I actually feel I'm a better guitar player when playing the S6 cause I can't be sloppy. I have to be very techinical with the fingerings but the sound reward is awesome.

As far as this site...have you come across any great acoustic strumming lessons? I've seen many classical and fingerpicking lessons but was looking for some chord strumming excercises.
Thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear

Michael Kelly Tribal Sun Electric
Bean Blossom Acoustic Electric
Seagull S6 Acoustic
Roland Microcube Amp

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Mar 17 2009, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Matt23
Mar 17 2009, 05:21 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hi Matt,
I saw at your profile you were thinking about taking in your Seagull S6 to get the action lowered. Did you ever do that? My Seagull certainly has a bit higher action than my Bean Blossom acoustic/electric and the neck is wider than most but I'm starting to get used to it and I love the rich sound it produces vs. my A/E. I'd hate to ruin such a beautiful sound. I actually feel I'm a better guitar player when playing the S6 cause I can't be sloppy. I have to be very techinical with the fingerings but the sound reward is awesome.

As far as this site...have you come across any great acoustic strumming lessons? I've seen many classical and fingerpicking lessons but was looking for some chord strumming excercises.
Thanks!

Hey Matt, I haven't done anything about the action yet. I was in contact with Seagull finding out what saddle I had, and they said it might be a good idea to adjust the truss rod instead of the saddle, so I'm going to investigate a bit more before I do anything. If I do decide to sand the saddle I'm going to order a cheap saddle to practice on, and the actual model of saddle that came on my guitar to actually do it on, so it's going to be a little while before I get round to changing the action. When I do i'll tell you how it went. smile.gif

About strumming lessons, acoustic isn't my main instrument, but my two favourite chordal strumming lessons are Jerry's Open Strings Strumming and Acoustic Strumming Lesson.

Cheers smile.gif

Matt

This post has been edited by Matt23: Mar 17 2009, 05:21 PM

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 17 2009, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Glad to have you on board Matt

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2009, 01:22 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:30 PM