10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Dicussion And Uploads, Leedbreak,Crazy Fret,OC,Jesse,Paiva,Utak3r
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 4 2009, 11:43 AM
GMC:er
I can maybe get a good sound if I mic my amp up. But certainly not from toneport. Others like Ivan can but I just can't seem to get it to sound good at all. sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 4 2009, 12:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 4 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Bars picked and uder way

Bars to be picked

Bars Done

0-9 9-19 20-48 49-61 62-89

As post come up some other areas of the song are just repeats.

I'll take the bars 0-9 if thats ok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 4 2009, 11:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is that idea that I had for the harmonizing guitars to the intro.

I'm not sure if it gonna work now that the intro has been shortend having looked at the gp4 track.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Intro_with_Crazyfrets_Harmony.mp3 ( 923.25K ) Number of downloads: 219

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 5 2009, 12:27 AM
Probably it's nice.... why probably? 'cause those guitars are way out of tune... huh.gif
But I can see the idea and I like it smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2009, 01:18 AM
Crazy I'm confused lol. The intro is the same length it has always been. Not shortened at all. I like your idea but it does sound slightly out of tune.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 5 2009, 01:45 AM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 4 2009, 02:47 AM) *
And when I'm turning recording on, suddenly I can't play well rolleyes.gif
It has to be that someone record me without notifying me, hehe....

Yep. What presure that little red light can bring.
What I do many times is hit record with my backing looping. Then I just play till I like it and then cut out the best one and use it. Kinda a just reacord all the time so I can not feel the difference

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 4 2009, 04:43 AM) *
I can maybe get a good sound if I mic my amp up. But certainly not from toneport. Others like Ivan can but I just can't seem to get it to sound good at all. sad.gif

I too hate my Pod. I have the same trouble but usually find the worst problem to be in the eq somewhere. Have you asked ivan for patches, or can you even do that with toneport?

QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Feb 4 2009, 04:36 PM) *
Here is that idea that I had for the harmonizing guitars to the intro.

I'm not sure if it gonna work now that the intro has been shortend having looked at the gp4 track.

Love the idea. Work on it a little more and I think it might just work

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 5 2009, 01:47 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 5 2009, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 5 2009, 01:45 AM) *
What I do many times is hit record with my backing looping. Then I just play till I like it and then cut out the best one and use it. Kinda a just reacord all the time so I can not feel the difference

Yeah.... but I'm recording video from my DV camcorder... 10 minutes cost something like 1GB wink.gif

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 5 2009, 01:45 AM) *
I too hate my Pod. I have the same trouble but usually find the worst problem to be in the eq somewhere. Have you asked ivan for patches, or can you even do that with toneport?

Hm, and in contrary I love my one smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 5 2009, 04:48 AM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 4 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Yeah.... but I'm recording video from my DV camcorder... 10 minutes cost something like 1GB wink.gif

Well then an hour is only 6G, thats nothing these days. LOL. Can you not go in the line in on your computer since you only need sound.

Hm, and in contrary I love my one smile.gif

Well hate was a bit rough. But it has been a pain sometimes finding the perfect tone. I have many patches I like but not a single one I love. I may just need some hotter pick ups.

I am looking at 28-35 some. OC what would you like to try on 9-19 next?

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 5 2009, 09:10 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 5 2009, 04:48 AM) *
I may just need some hotter pick ups.

Yeah, I got the best sounds with only bridge pickup turned on, with the neck one together it was too mild...
Now I have like 3 tones I really like, although I'm still fine-tuning them wink.gif

btw.
those few bars I'm working on now are quite hard for me, but I keep practicing...

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 5 2009, 09:59 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 4 2009, 11:27 PM) *
Probably it's nice.... why probably? 'cause those guitars are way out of tune... huh.gif
But I can see the idea and I like it smile.gif

Yeah I agree about the tuning I think I need a restring soon had these on for a while. rolleyes.gif

It was a liitle hurried in recording but I'll get it sorted.

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 5 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Crazy I'm confused lol. The intro is the same length it has always been. Not shortened at all. I like your idea but it does sound slightly out of tune.

I must have got my wires crossed somewhere.

If that is the length of the intro then thats ok I'll sort the tuning prob out and re-record.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 5 2009, 08:25 PM
Hey guys I don't know if this is good enough I will do another one if needed.

Tell me about the tone and timing
Attached File  VB.mp3 ( 500.84K ) Number of downloads: 178

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 6 2009, 01:26 AM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Feb 5 2009, 02:10 AM) *
Yeah, I got the best sounds with only bridge pickup turned on, with the neck one together it was too mild...
Now I have like 3 tones I really like, although I'm still fine-tuning them wink.gif

btw.
those few bars I'm working on now are quite hard for me, but I keep practicing...
Well join the club. I have been doing licks for too much of my time. This is helping us all. But you can change it some to help smile.gif

QUOTE (Paiva @ Feb 5 2009, 01:25 PM) *
Hey guys I don't know if this is good enough I will do another one if needed.

Tell me about the tone and timing
Attached File  VB.mp3 ( 500.84K ) Number of downloads: 178

COOL. This will fill in many areas.

Couple more folks post a couple more takes and I will make a song out of it. A we can all write a solos in the last few days.

Dead line is in about 9 days huh.gif

Crazy!! I expect yours to be sweet, I am counting on ya. wink.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 6 2009, 01:28 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 7 2009, 04:09 AM
Ok folks listen up .

I am starting to go into panic mode. I think the song is too hard/fast for a few of the members, including myself. It is not that we can't pull it off, just not fast enough. I can admit first hand to it being hard to learn. The takes posted are not mixing well, they are some hard riffs to keep in time.
So,,,
As crazy as it sounds, I am thinking about staring over. Yikes, yes but wait..
I will just write a easy power chord song with enough spots for every one to play, some really easy stuff. Each person gets a section that will include them playing two parts. I will post tabs and drums to play with.

Yep starting over. But a song so easy that it will work in time. As the first leader, I now know how it needs to be done. For the BVB level. And this is how. You get a very VERY basic song down fast and then spend the rest of the time adding to it.
OC's work was amazing stuff and I love it. But it maybe Intermediate to advanced.
We are the test subjects of the beginner VB, so we get a few learning phases I am afraid.

I need you guys input fast. So I can have time to get it done. If we do this, I will post it all by sunday night.

huh.gif huh.gif Do we stay or do we start over????? huh.gif huh.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 7 2009, 04:43 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 7 2009, 03:04 PM
I don't know man I think we could do the 1st one with a little bit of effort we have already worked hard on the other one and we should be proud of ourselves and I think we should continue but I don't know but it's too hard I had some problems with my part but I don't know... start doing know some simple powerchord stuff doesn't seem right to me but I will do it if the others agree

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 7 2009, 03:14 PM
I will play whatever. I'm not too fussed as my actual band is starting to play that guitar pro tab live now smile.gif It's a cool song I think smile.gif

So I don't really care. Just tell me what I'm playing or where I'm playing in a song and I will play some stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 7 2009, 03:38 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 7 2009, 04:09 AM) *
I am starting to go into panic mode. I think the song is too hard/fast for a few of the members, including myself. It is not that we can't pull it off, just not fast enough. I can admit first hand to it being hard to learn. The takes posted are not mixing well, they are some hard riffs to keep in time.

The same feelings here... huh.gif
I can't play it properly and keeping it in beat.
Remeber we're beginners. You OC are NOT, even though you're calling yourself like that wink.gif

The song doesn't need to be so complicated - and the structure of this one is really complicated and the riffs are too fast for us.
You can make a song from just 2-4 riffs, you can take for example this my one (it's not yet finished, but it works already) and it's really easy and suitable for beginners smile.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=23532

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 7 2009, 04:09 AM) *
I will just write a easy power chord song with enough spots for every one to play, some really easy stuff. Each person gets a section that will include them playing two parts. I will post tabs and drums to play with.

For me - go for it. Adding some small things to an easy song is much easier for me.

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 8 2009, 03:02 AM
Well, the last three post I just read are great, you guys all have a heart for this.

I will post 4-5 riff sections shortly tonight. I did 3 last night and would like to add another or so. They are very plan and simple.

We can decide then if they are not what we want to do.

As far as beginners, I am not one but some of my rhythm playing is still pretty low. The curent song proved I got to work on that more.

OC, I would love to hear your band play this song or any. I am sure yall do rock the stew out of this. It a great composition. If you can play the bass like in this tab file, man you rock. cool.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 8 2009, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Feb 8 2009, 02:02 AM) *
Well, the last three post I just read are great, you guys all have a heart for this.

I will post 4-5 riff sections shortly tonight. I did 3 last night and would like to add another or so. They are very plan and simple.

We can decide then if they are not what we want to do.

As far as beginners, I am not one but some of my rhythm playing is still pretty low. The curent song proved I got to work on that more.

OC, I would love to hear your band play this song or any. I am sure yall do rock the stew out of this. It a great composition. If you can play the bass like in this tab file, man you rock. cool.gif

I can play the bass as it is in the tab. We will be recording it soon with lyrics i think in 2 slightly different version. I will post when we get it done. As for riffs you will post i will see what i can come up with.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 8 2009, 05:24 AM
Ok, these are all 100bpm. Pretty easy stuff. Pick one, first come first serve. Also, be sure to hold the last note and/or chords for a good bit like in the tabs.

If you pick the first one you can do the picking in muted distortion or cleaner, up to you. But make sure you like it.

MP3 are of midi and drums just so you can hear it.
Just see what you think. and let me know
the 4th one is from a SI thing I did when I first joined GMC.

Drums for all, please use this to get the timing right.

Attached File  drums100.mp3 ( 583.17K ) Number of downloads: 152

Attached File  1.mp3 ( 226.84K ) Number of downloads: 145

Attached File  part_1.gp4 ( 1.68K ) Number of downloads: 92

Attached File  2.mp3 ( 226.84K ) Number of downloads: 158

Attached File  part_2.gp4 ( 2.83K ) Number of downloads: 90

Attached File  3.mp3 ( 170.51K ) Number of downloads: 206

Attached File  part_3.gp4 ( 1.4K ) Number of downloads: 92

Attached File  4.mp3 ( 376.84K ) Number of downloads: 146

Attached File  part_4.gp4 ( 2.19K ) Number of downloads: 104

Attached File  bridge1.mp3 ( 114.39K ) Number of downloads: 142

Attached File  bridge1.gp4 ( 1.13K ) Number of downloads: 100

Attached File  bridge2.mp3 ( 151.94K ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached File  bridge2.gp4 ( 1.6K ) Number of downloads: 94

Looking for your comments.

If we go this route I need takes up ASAP, I mean ASAP. If you get your take up fast do another that way I have more to work with and incase all 6 don't post one. I will use my plaing to connect if needed and I plan to do some keyboard work too.

Thanks

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 8 2009, 05:36 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 8 2009, 05:43 PM
Cool now we have too choose a part to play?

EDIT: If it is I choose part 1 lol

This post has been edited by Paiva: Feb 8 2009, 05:46 PM

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:56 PM