Apprentice Bushido Task, Zoom's choice!
zoom
Dec 14 2012, 02:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Task 46: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hard_R...rd_Progression/

I zoom the Donut King (having eaten 10 big fat donuts) smile.gif Have the pleasure of giving the task for this week.

I am a bit crazy at times and I think 90% of the time we guitarist need to have good rhythm chops (when we're not soloing)
so here it is. This has some great ideas for creating our own rhythm tracks has implied harmony and some new chord shapes to learn.

Deadline is 21st of December or I'll get Santa's helper to play awesome rock songs to you on Christmas Eve! biggrin.gif
(disclaimer I'm doing this task - I may not quite finish this lesson)
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zoom: Dec 14 2012, 02:50 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GMC_lesson_46.htm ( 11.76K ) Number of downloads: 772

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 14 2012, 03:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 14 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Deadline is 21st of December or I'll get Santa's helper to play awesome rock songs to you on Christmas Eve! biggrin.gif
(disclaimer I'm doing this task - I may not quite finish this lesson)
Attached Image

I see what you did there ! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 21 2012, 12:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Phew this was a close one. Thought I was going to get Santa's helper over for sure biggrin.gif
Well I've had a go. Needs more work but I've got the most of it down. The last lick was awesome by the way but I've had to change it
because I could only get it to 125bpm not 135bpm.
I'd never played the C#m that way before so that's a new chord shape for me. And those intro chords go from playing thirds to fifths
sounds cool.

https://soundcloud.com/zoomify/hard-rock-chord-progression

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2012, 09:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Dec 20 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Phew this was a close one. Thought I was going to get Santa's helper over for sure biggrin.gif
Well I've had a go. Needs more work but I've got the most of it down. The last lick was awesome by the way but I've had to change it
because I could only get it to 125bpm not 135bpm.
I'd never played the C#m that way before so that's a new chord shape for me. And those intro chords go from playing thirds to fifths
sounds cool.

https://soundcloud.com/zoomify/hard-rock-chord-progression

Brutal ! The Z-Master comes and kicks the door down and shows us all who's the boss !!

Commiserations that you will not be getting a visit from Santa's Helper.. that's a shame..

However, you've got the embrace of victory to take your mind off the icy blasts of the mountainside weather biggrin.gif

The main area where I feel you could improve this is the riff sequence starting at 1:01. There is a back and forth relationship going on between the bass note on the E string and the 2 note chord shape. Try to hit the bass notes in between the chords. At this speed, the good thing is you can do this all with down strokes smile.gif

Well done brother Zoom, one more Donut to your growing collection !!

+Quote Post
zoom
Dec 21 2012, 10:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Ben. Yeah you spotted it. This was my best take but I Lost it a bit going into that section. Johnathan's vibrato on the bass note's is
awesome and I've got alot of work to do there. I'd have to slow it down a bit to work on that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:20 PM