2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Drumming Lessons?, How many of you guys would want drum lessons?
Drum lessons?
Would you want drum lessons on GMC?
Yes [ 23 ] ** [57.50%]
No [ 15 ] ** [37.50%]
It depends ( note: clarify below) [ 2 ] ** [5.00%]
Total Votes: 40
Guests cannot vote 
strat_daniel
Sep 16 2007, 03:21 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone, Kizaze44 recently started a post on here about whether GMC would want drumming lessons. You can see the whole post here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=6939

After checking that out, please answer above. Also, please explain your answer, why or why not.

Thanks guys!

-daniel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by strat_daniel: Sep 16 2007, 03:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 16 2007, 03:35 AM
Yes, aslong as GMC wont have to change name to DMC smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
strat_daniel
Sep 16 2007, 03:37 AM
We'll try to keep that from happening, Robin. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 16 2007, 03:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 16 2007, 04:35 AM) *
Yes, aslong as GMC wont have to change name to DMC smile.gif

Well said Robin smile.gif
Kris,be aware of us! mad.gif huh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Sep 16 2007, 04:03 AM
I wouldn't want the site to become a drum site at expense of the guitar content....but it would be quite cool to find out about drumming theory and technique. I have always fancied havin a go and my mate will soon be buying a drumkit (he has never played before) and it would definately be helpfull!!

Suggestion, get 1 guest drumming instructer and see what the community response is after first few lessons...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 16 2007, 05:21 AM
Instructor
I voted for No. Because all we would have is lessons on drums and maybe 0.1% of GMC-ers actually having chance of practicing drums because drums are expensive and buying it just to have a 2 days fun is kinda stupid IMO.

Honestly, how many of you would actually take it serious and sit with drums and practice?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 16 2007, 05:25 AM
There isn't an "I don't play drums, so it doesn't apply to me" option.

sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 16 2007, 05:33 AM
Lets go fishing!
I voted no as drums just dont interest me! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 16 2007, 05:41 AM
well. my little brother has a drum kit and he never practices, he thinks he doesent need to. I think some drum lessons would be good, id like him to start practicing seriously.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Sep 16 2007, 11:13 AM
I voted no because this is a guitar site. Not a drum site smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
strat_daniel
Sep 16 2007, 01:50 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 15 2007, 11:21 PM) *
I voted for No. Because all we would have is lessons on drums and maybe 0.1% of GMC-ers actually having chance of practicing drums because drums are expensive and buying it just to have a 2 days fun is kinda stupid IMO.

Honestly, how many of you would actually take it serious and sit with drums and practice?

Good point, but a lot of the first beginner lessons could easily be played with just a pair of sticks on a hard surface. Before you ever sit down at a set, you're going to need to practice your stick technique, rhythms, and lots of other stuff. Enough time to tell if you're gonna like it or get bored. Even then, I spent about two months without a set. That's one of the cool things about it, you can air drum and still have to have the coordination and technique practice you'd have when you're actually playing.

To Slash and mattacuk: Fair enough smile.gif ( oh yeah, sorry Ayen!)

+Quote Post
swingline
Sep 16 2007, 01:57 PM
I voted no, Primarily for the reasons Pavel listed.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 16 2007, 02:17 PM
Learning Roadie
I voted no because there's already stuff out there that's really good quality. I mean it'd be awesome to have a drum instructor here - I do plan to learn more about the drums eventually (at the moment I only know basic 8th note rock beats with no fills) - but I think bass and singing, and perhaps some other stringed instruments are/would be cool to have. If we want to turn this into a complete musical lesson site its necessary, but for now I think GMC should stay how it is unless a really good opportunity comes up.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
aerohit
Sep 16 2007, 03:04 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 16 2007, 09:51 AM) *

I do agree to a certain extent. Maybe some one can make a lesson on how to make nice loops for practicing. I am not asking for software advice (a lot of discussion has already taken place), but suppose I have a cool rhythm or maybe a solo in my mind, then how shall I back that with drum. Also often when a measure ends there is certain change of groove. How is that achieved, and stuff like that. That will pretty much serve our purpose.

BTW anybody looking for free and reasonably good drum softwares just check this out.

--------------------
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Sep 16 2007, 04:33 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I say yes... because now, I and my bands second guitarist can learn something from GMC - I can advice them some licks, some things to practice etc. With a few drum lessons, I can also give our drummer some ideas to create drumming riffs:-P

Anyways, we can take those drum lessons from a lot of views - for example how to put good drumming riff under 16 triplets guitar riff etc. I am sure, that there IS a way, we all can get something from those lessons;)

I know that I am going against stream.. but whatever:-P

*thumbs up*

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 16 2007, 05:11 PM
Lets go fishing!
The thing is though, Guitar Master class is just that, a Guitar Master class, if we include drums people might want Saxamaphones and Trumpets next laugh.gif

just a thought smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 16 2007, 05:55 PM
I voted it depends.

I think its a good idea but I think it would have to be another attatched site requiring its own subscription as I am paying to have guitar lessons not drum lessons and I think it would be pretty obvious that the guitar section would suffer in some way or another. Things like this dont happen for free without a loss somewhere else.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
strat_daniel
Sep 16 2007, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 16 2007, 11:11 AM) *
The thing is though, Guitar Master class is just that, a Guitar Master class, if we include drums people might want Saxamaphones and Trumpets next laugh.gif

just a thought smile.gif

Well, drums kinda go with rock, rNb, blues, etc. really well, and could compliment your music-writing skills.
All of your concerns are pretty valid, I think the last thing anyone wants is to take away from the guitar. If we could set up a seperate attachment like Hungus suggested, I think that would be cool.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 16 2007, 11:58 PM
Instructor
I think that it's interesting, but I think that is most important do a "how to program drums" masterclass wink.gif

+Quote Post
Thilo
Sep 17 2007, 12:46 AM
I voted no because there already are such high quality videos on http://freedrumlessons.com (for free!). Such a website doesn't exist for guitar and thats why I really like this site. biggrin.gif But we should stick to guitar/bass and singing lessons on GuitarMasterClass as it would be nearly impossible to beat the free videos.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:57 AM